It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

strange powers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2003 @ 04:35 AM
link   
u know how chinese martial arts use animal styles to fight some people who study it can channel the animal powes on to objects does anyone have any info on this?

posted on Sep, 23 2003 @ 04:52 AM
link   
maybe my next-door neighbor Chow Mong but everytime I go onto his lawn he jumps at me and shouts "Lion Leap Crazy kick!" and kicks me off his lawn so I cant talk to him much.

posted on Sep, 23 2003 @ 04:53 AM
link   
no all i can do is the praying mantis. WAAAAAAAA one that one lol

posted on Sep, 23 2003 @ 04:58 AM
link   
yes try and find more about channeling animal spirits powers into objects if u dont mind thankyou

posted on Sep, 23 2003 @ 10:05 AM
link   
I heard something mightm not be exactly what your looking for and cant get a thread im afraid but there is some people who Mimiic the movements of animals to move and fight and they can use objects trees for example and like climb up them fast and jump further and things like that.

posted on Sep, 24 2003 @ 03:36 AM
link   
oh mimicing yes we learn that stuff in my shaolin kung fu training of animals u stand like them and stuff aswell it is all strange but people have put powers into objects giving the objects crazy powers

posted on Sep, 24 2003 @ 04:48 AM
link   
i thought it was kung fu which had different styles within itself that uses the animal influences to fight. not all chines martial arts. but i dont know

posted on Sep, 24 2003 @ 06:19 PM
link   
all chinese martial arts use at least a form of animal stances

posted on Sep, 24 2003 @ 06:43 PM
link   
In mortal combat they had animality. Each fighter could turn into an animal. This isnt what you are looking for but it is similar.

posted on Sep, 25 2003 @ 02:16 AM
link   
yeah but just coz they do it on a game doesnt mean there is much info on it

posted on Sep, 25 2003 @ 02:22 AM
link   
From what I know shaolin was taught to Bhuddist farmers and so forth by a Bhuddist prince from India who travled to tibet and trained them in martial arts after observing that the monks were so weak.
I had a site to that reference but cant seem to find it.
I'll keep Trying.
Deep

posted on Sep, 25 2003 @ 02:28 AM
link   
members.tripod.com...
This link might help.
Deep

posted on Sep, 27 2003 @ 05:05 AM
link   
monks had been using shaolin kung fu years before the monk u know of came he was the one who made it organised his name was buddidharma he also created zeng/ching buddhism so yeah

posted on Sep, 27 2003 @ 07:31 AM
link   
what i remember is most of the american indian chief can combine both thier own spirit with the animal spirit
in order to see a far distance any where in this globe

posted on Sep, 27 2003 @ 07:39 AM
link   
any links to this its important so yeah if u do put them on if not dont worry

posted on Sep, 27 2003 @ 08:04 AM
link   
I know that the White Crane style was developed by a guy who watched a white crane fighting with a snake. Whit Crane also appears in some karate forms. I think Rohai has definite White Crane influence.

This is a bit off topic, but anybody remember Bravestarr? He used to have all these animal forms he could tap for super powers. All I really know about the American Indian stuff is that the spirits were used primarily for guidance, intuition, healing, stuff like that. As for animalised objects, I have no idea. You can bind an animal spirit's energies into an object but not the spirit itself. The animal parts shamans, chiefs and others were help bestow their particular energy waveform onto the wearer. I'll have to check on that, though.

Any other martial artists here?

posted on Sep, 27 2003 @ 09:14 PM
link   
yeah im a martial artist i do shaolin kung fu but with what u were saying about being able to bind there powers into an object do u have any info on that thanks laters

posted on Sep, 27 2003 @ 09:24 PM
link   
I study Shaolin Kung Fu, Aikido, and Togakure ryu Ninjutsu.

posted on Sep, 29 2003 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Here's a theory. I do not have any actual written words on it. I just asked the infinite creation and here is the answer.

One must first know their own mind/body/spirit complex. They must be able to open the door to the infinite intelligence. This is done by the balance of the centers of movement, lower emotional, lower intellectual, higher emotion and higher intellectual. Once this is achieved one can push the energy through the centers to the top thus opening the door.

Then one must channel and integrate the animal-ness they wish to utilize.

Then one must connect to the infinite intelligence within say a rock.

Then by your own will you should be able to "teach" the rock the animal nature that you have integrated.

But, I do not know for sure and have never read anything on the subject. Maybe you could start practicing some shamanic exercises and see what comes of it.

new topics

top topics

join