It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bigfoot-Sized Ape Lived Alongside Humans

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2005 @ 06:37 AM
link   

The world's largest primate, a 10-foot-tall giant with inch-wide teeth, lived in southeast Asia for many centuries alongside human beings, according to a leading researcher.

Exploring remote caves isolated in a densely forested region of southern China, Jack Rink, a professor of geography and earth sciences at McMaster University in Ontario, found fossilized remains of the huge ape.

Using sophisticated fossil dating techniques, Rink determined that the primate, known to scientists as Gigantopithecus blackii, lived between 300,000 and a million years ago. Humans also existed in the area at that time.

"A missing piece of the puzzle has always focused on pin-pointing when Gigantopithecus existed," said Rink. "This is a primate that co-existed with humans at a time when humans were undergoing a major evolutionary change."

theseoultimes.com.../ST/db/read.php?idx=2728

I wonder how possible it is that this creature evolved and is now the infamous Sasquatch.

posted on Nov, 29 2005 @ 05:57 PM
link   
It seems very plausible to me; I wonder how genetically close it was to us or our ancestors?, also could it have been a specis of human that just was all brawn and no brain and thats why it died and we lived, just a little Darwinian thinking.

posted on Nov, 29 2005 @ 06:01 PM
link   
*Ahem*... Darwin sux, big time.

posted on Nov, 29 2005 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Not very likely, actually.

The ape lived long before homo sapiens (or the Neanderthals, for that matter) evolved. It would have lived around the time of homo erectus. It's found only in one area of China and there are no evidences that it ever lived anywhere else... or that it survived and evolved.

It's an interesting fossil, though, and a very rare one. It seems to have gone extinct long before the Pleistocene extinction.

posted on Nov, 29 2005 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBlueSoldier
*Ahem*... Darwin sux, big time.

Not to turn this into a Religous thing but no he doesn't because evolution and Reliogion can coexist

top topics

join