It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush building forward moonbase to attack aliens?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2005 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I think the base will be used to get a better look at space and for experiments. Being on the far side of the moon will also block all our crappy radio signals so they could listen to the universe better. I'm pretty sure we already have a base there anyway so nothing really new.

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I fully agree with Umbrax, here. You can't just dismiss this guy.. infact he's one of several top level politicians that have said stuff like this. I'm not one to go wildly beleiving in alien theories, but this can't just be ignored! So deny your ignorance and investigate this a little more.

As for weapons, we aren't exactly throwing stones anymore. We have missiles that can lock onto small targets from thousands of miles away. We have airbourne laser systems too.. and remember the STS48 clip? Seems like we're already shooting something at them.. and it must have been dangerous since they dodged out of the way pretty urgently.

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Paul Hellyer's concern about the moon base comes from the book, 'Day
After Roswell' by Lt. Col. Corso. In the book Col. Corso mentions that the Army had plans on the drawing board to build a military base on the moon in the 60's(Project Horizon) for the soul purpose of detecting and intercepting UFO's that were deemed to be hostile, giving Earth a first line of defense. The plan never materialized due to the space program going public instead of remaining under military control. Now that President Bush has okayed a moon base, Mr. Hellyer sees it as an attempt to reconsider the forward base idea as an extension of Star Wars. If you go back and listen to Mr. Hellyers recent address at the Canadian symposium you will hear that he read the book, called a retired American General that he personally knows and asked the Gen. if Corso's book held any truth? The General replied that the book was all true plus some! According to Corso's book the Military has taken the stance that the UFO's are hostile and have been trying to develop weapons to shoot them down. This is where Paul Hellyers comments are coming from. He is convienced that is exactly what the US government is up too citing a source that he feels is completely reliable. Perhaps there is something to it!

[edit on 7-12-2005 by WHOFLUNGGUM]

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Sure, let's build a lunar base to defend us from the EBEs while totally ignoring the leprechaun threat or the underpants gnome menace.

I'd think we'd (The US, that is) be a little more concerned with securing the integrity of our own borders against real, tangible threats, but that's just me. I could be wrong.

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 04:53 PM
link   
First, I personally think that it is a great idea to establish a base on the Moon. It was a shame that after the series of Moon missions, we simply stopped. There should have been a natural continuation of the program; establishing space stations, establishing a Moon base(s), exploration of the Moon and the eventual harvesting of lunar resources.

As for establishing a Moon Base to protect the Earth of aliens, well, why not? But it would be more realistic to utilize the base on the Moon to be a forward observatory for the assigned task of protected the Earth from errant meteors and asteroids.

However, the real reason that Bush has committed the US to establishing a base on the Moon is simple. China has announced it's own plan to develop it's space technology and to establish space stations and a lunar base. Even though China is not an "announced" enemy of the US, there certainly are enough differences between the espoused Chinese and American philosophies to credibly expect that the two behemoths or global superpowers will eventually be at odds.

I would have hoped that the US and the European space programs could work together with China in the peaceful exploration of space beginning with the Moon. It is a shame that although technologically advanced, the many nations on the earth have still not come to terms with global problems before venturing into a new arena -- space.

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by benevolent tyrant

I have an Alien moon base in my pants, it contains 3 Aliens, 1 really long leader, and 2 short and fat followers... They spit juice at our world!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join