It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Masonry at it's finest!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2005 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Or it could be this Marcus J Harper:

Th e God We Never Knew

But when you read the blurb for the book you find the author "leads readers to an adult understanding of God based on rational, scientific thinking and religious tolerance." So I somehow doubt it.

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Leveller
Firstly, the 3rd degree oath you keep repeating is not the oath I took.

The "oath" that "marcus" keeps typing is a fake. It has never been part of the obligation in legitimate Masonry.

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by markusjharper
Trinity wrote:

Ha! Thus is rich coming from someone who has steadfastly refused to answer a question I posed on another thread three times now.

It seems markus only wants to spout his own fantasy about freemasonry rather than engage in any meaningful discussion.

Concerning your question on what defines a secret society:

That was your question another thread and such an obvious question as this, I tend not to bother answering. However, I did write back to you that ATS has already placed Freemasonry in the Secret Society section, so that it should grant you permission to find perspective into such a simple matter.

Too obvious to answer huh? How patronizing. I've heard many excuses for why freemasonry is supposedly secret, but 'because ATS says so' is a first.

The truth of the matter, as you are probably well aware, is that freemasonry is not in the slightest bit secret.

Meetings are widely advertised, locations of meeting are well known and in the UK at least membership is fairly easy to find out. There are no organizations that I know of IN THE WORLD with a membership criteria that routinely give admission to non-members. That includes other fraternities, clubs, business groups, service organisations and trade unions. Why? Because there no point in having a membership criteria if it's going to be ignored.

You just don't like the fact that you can't get in to see the 'oh so secret' ceremonies. Well, just try getting into the next union meet without your dues card and see how far you get.

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan

• Are you here familiar with Royanes work personally?
  • Is it being presented out of context in some way?
  • Is the Author confirmed to be a mason and if so how?
  • How popular was the work and how authoritative the author?

• Since Marcus apprently can't answer, let me state the following:

Ronayne had been a former Mason in Illinois. He had wanted to be a Grand Lodge officer, but could never get elected because the Craft felt he lacked leadership credentials. He took this personally, and joined the anti-Masonic hysteria that was sweeping the northeast.

Ronayne's work is for the most part fictional. He took some real stuff and added in other stuff of his own in order to take "vengeance" on Masonry. Modern serious critics of Masonry do not use Ronayne because they are well aware of the lack of honesty involved in his writings.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join