It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WAR: EU to Accuse Iran of Having Nuclear Weapons Documents

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2005 @ 07:08 AM
link   
The European Union is planning to accuse Iran of possessing documents that "have no other application than the production of nuclear weapons." The confrontation will take place today's International Atomic Energy Agency meeting in Vienna, Austria. The EU is expected to make an offer of further negotiations, but will also warn that if Iran isn't cooperative it could be referred to the U.N. Security Council for further action.

msnbc.msn.com
VIENNA, Austria - The European Union will accuse Iran on Thursday of having documents that serve no other purpose than making nuclear arms and will warn it of possible future referral to the U.N. Security Council at a meeting of the International Atomic Energy Agency, according to a statement made available to The Associated Press.

The press statement, made available before planned delivery later in the day, was described by a diplomat as a summary of what Britain, France and Germany would tell a closed session of the IAEA board, which started meeting Thursday. It criticizes Tehran for possessing suspicious documents that "have no other application than the production of nuclear weapons."

The statement offered new negotiations meant to defuse tensions over Tehran's insistence that it be in full control of uranium enrichment -- a possible pathway to nuclear arms.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I don't think Iran is going to agree to truly give up all its uranium processing to a shared site on Russian territory, so these ongoing negotiations will likely be fruitless. The international community needs to grow a backbone and stand up to this regime, otherwise we'll all be at the mercy of these horrible mullahs soon.

posted on Nov, 24 2005 @ 07:23 AM
link   
So,would these be the same documents which Iran declared a few days ago?
Given to them by the rouge Pakistani scientist(which Iran claim not to have asked for?)If they are the same documents......well at least Iran declared them,although i guess they would if they thought they were about to be busted for them anyway...

posted on Nov, 24 2005 @ 08:37 AM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Iran has allready declared these to the UN

posted on Nov, 24 2005 @ 08:38 AM
link   
My god people
Here:
www.pbs.org...

Now you all have a schematic of an atomic bomb!
It's not very complicated is it?
5 second search on google.
PBS showed it on national television a while back.

I believe this should be investigated and if it's found that Iran is seriously trying to build nukes, then we should go take them out.
Given their track record, they should not be allowed to possess ANY nuclear material IMO.
They can use oil and coal to power their country, but they should not have nuclear power in any form.

posted on Nov, 24 2005 @ 09:35 AM
link   
And just why should they not have nuclear power?

Sure would free up a lot of oil for trade, as long as they maintain the petrodollar standard and don't try trading in other currencies
That just wouldnt do at all

Pakistan has nuclear power, nuclear weapons and American supplied arms, not to mention the fact it's a dictatorship. They have all those Islamic fundie Madrassas and a seemingly endless supply of people willing to fight Americans but still not a peep from Bush, Blair, Cheney, Rumsfeld, Rice etc.... etc..... I guess nookular armed dictators are ok as long as they are our nookular armed dictators?

posted on Nov, 24 2005 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Britguy
And just why should they not have nuclear power?

Sure would free up a lot of oil for trade, as long as they maintain the petrodollar standard and don't try trading in other currencies
That just wouldnt do at all

Pakistan has nuclear power, nuclear weapons and American supplied arms, not to mention the fact it's a dictatorship. They have all those Islamic fundie Madrassas and a seemingly endless supply of people willing to fight Americans but still not a peep from Bush, Blair, Cheney, Rumsfeld, Rice etc.... etc..... I guess nookular armed dictators are ok as long as they are our nookular armed dictators?

I agree ans suppose I should have been more clear in my statement.
No country should have nuclear weapons, and only countries with stable governments should be able to have nuclear power plants.
Nuclear power is just too dangerous to be used in such a fashon as to provide power to near 3rd world countries.
Many of the early american reactors either partially melted down or had other devistationg accidents.
In one case an army nuclear engeneere was impaled by a controll rod.
several other stories abound about near miss meltdowns and actual covered up meltdowns in military reactors.
3 Mile Island and chernynoble are the 2 most commonly known about meltdowns.
And these happened in the world's "superpowers"
How much worse will these problems be if they happen in a country such as iran or pakastan?

Coal works fine for power generation.
Oil can be used as well
So can solar, wind, and thermal energys be converted into electrical energy.
There is no need to let these countries possess nuclear power.

I do not even believe america needs to possess nuclear power
With our vast planes we could harnes wind and solar power enough to power the nation.
www.powerfromthesun.net...

posted on Nov, 24 2005 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by BritguyPakistan has nuclear power, nuclear weapons

AND pakistan didnt sign the NPT so your point doesnt apply.

posted on Nov, 24 2005 @ 04:29 PM
link   
That makes the situation even more laughable. Sign the NPT and have constant scrutiny of all activities. DON'T sign the NPT and do what the hell you like... WOOHOO!!!

posted on Nov, 24 2005 @ 05:20 PM
link   

That makes the situation even more laughable. Sign the NPT and have constant scrutiny of all activities. DON'T sign the NPT and do what the hell you like... WOOHOO!!!

It is one big joke, U didn't know ? lol

*sigh*

"Are we ready for 'Iraq - The sequel in Iran' boys and girls?!"
"yayyyyyyY!"

give me a (insert expletive here) break

posted on Nov, 24 2005 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Britguy
Pakistan has nuclear power, nuclear weapons and American supplied arms, not to mention the fact it's a dictatorship.

Not to mention it's a military dictatorship that came about through a military coupe.

They have all those Islamic fundie Madrassas and a seemingly endless supply of people willing to fight Americans but still not a peep from Bush, Blair, Cheney, Rumsfeld, Rice etc.... etc..... I guess nookular armed dictators are ok as long as they are our nookular armed dictators?

Exactly.

Originally posted by Silcone Synapse
So,would these be the same documents which Iran declared a few days ago?
Given to them by the rouge Pakistani scientist(which Iran claim not to have asked for?)

That guy is probably as much of a "rogue" scientist as the "rogue" terror groups trained and funded by the Pakistani government.

posted on Nov, 24 2005 @ 08:27 PM
link   
I firmly believe they should be forced to make due with non-nuclear forms of power.
Solar, geo-thermal, wind, watter, coal, oil, gas, or any other I haven't mentioned all work fine and can be used most anywhere.

It is rather obvious they only want nuclear power plants to enrich uranium to weapons grade IMO.
Why else would they insist on such a dangerous and sophistocated bit of technology when there are so many other ways to achieve the means of power production?

Sep

posted on Nov, 25 2005 @ 03:14 AM
link   
The question of weather or not Iran needed nuclear power did not arise when Iran in the 1970s wanted nuclear power. The United States had plans to build nuclear power stations for the Shah as well as give him the ability to enrich uranium and also make plutonium (they gave him a experimental reactor in the 1960s). Nothing has changed since then, except of course Iran's population has doubled and it doesn’t have the same production capabilities as before. So production of electricity has become crucial, which is why it is a vital part of Iran's 20-year development plan. Nuclear power is currently one of the electricity projects Iran is following.

www.payvand.com...
www.iranmania.com...
www.gasandoil.com...
www.energybulletin.net...
www.windfair.net...
www.renewableenergyaccess.com...
www.manchesteronline.co.uk...

These are just a few of the links. I could probably find quite a few more if I had the time.

[edit on 25-11-2005 by Sep]

top topics

join