It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Student council loser wins big as teen mayor

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2005 @ 01:17 AM
link   
HIL'___'ALE -- Michael Sessions' political career had an inauspicious start: When he ran for student council this year, he lost.

Now he's about to be mayor.

Sessions, an 18-year-old high school student, won a long-shot write-in campaign this week to oust Hillsdale's 51-year-old mayor.

"I just thought I'd give it a shot," Sessions said with a smile. "I hoped I'd win. But I didn't really know what would happen."

The election swept Sessions -- indeed, all of this usually staid southern Michigan city -- into an intense spotlight Wednesday. So many television stations showed up at the city's high school to interview Sessions that the superintendent pulled him from class. After he got home, a giant satellite truck lumbered up the narrow road in front of his house.

County officials expected to make the results official today. Their unofficial tally had Sessions winning over the incumbent, Douglas Ingles, 732 to 668.

link

Let this be a lesson to politicans never take your elected role for granted.
No hand outs from special interest groups with agendas just good old fashion hardwork.
What can one say?
Other then "good hon ya mate."

[edit on 22-11-2005 by xpert11]

posted on Nov, 27 2005 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Hey, I ran for water secretary in High School, so if he ran for mayor, good. I just don't want a mayor like the mayor on Buffy. I just hope this kid doesn't sell out later on like that character did and how some other leaders have.

join