It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where is the best place to go to see a U.F.O.?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2005 @ 06:48 PM
link   
There is an old adage that says, "the there are no stupid questions except for those that go unasked". Steeled by the wisdom of the ages, I must ask; Where is the best place to go to see a U.F.O.?

Not having access to Prophet Yahweh, I'll turn to the ATS membership on their opinions on this question. I live in Southwest Ontario, in Canada. Although there have been quite a few reports in the Great Lakes area, I have yet to see what I would regard as a U.F.O. in the alien/flying saucer sense. But I would be willing to travel to actually see a conflagration of U.F.O.'s as I have seen in videos of Mexico City flaps. Naturally, I understand that seeing a U.F.O. is a "hit or miss" business but are there places where it would be a greater probability to see one? Are there better times than others to see a U.F.O.?

posted on Nov, 20 2005 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Here is a site that may be of interest to you.

List of Canadian Sitings 2005

Here's a quick list of tips that I have come up with if I was going on a UFO 'hunting' trip.

- UFO's tend to avoid crowds of people. Most sittings/abductions occur when there is only 1 or only a few people present. Personally I would go with at least one other person, just in case of an emergency. Also tell people when you are leaving and where you will be going.

- Relating to the first point, avoid population, head for the country side and large open spaces. Preferably without hills, so that you have a large view of the sky.

- Go on a clear night. Clouds are obviously not going to be helpful.

- Take equipment you'll need for your own safety, eg: first aid kit, food, water, map, compass, torch, PHONE!, fuel, clothes, toolkit, radio.

- Take equipment that will provide you with evidence, eg: camera, video-camera, tape recorder, binoculars, telescope (if you have one), another camera, lots of batteries for the cameras (because they have been known to fail!), tripod, film, spare memory cards for the digital cameras.

- When you get to your location, you can always try 'suggested' techniques of contact like calling, praying, thinking to the 'E.Ts' using flashlights to shine at the sky..etc.

- If you happen to see one, GET AS MUCH EVIDENCE YOU CAN, because all of us here would love to see some proof!

Hope this helps

[edit on 20-11-2005 by Toasty]

posted on Nov, 20 2005 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Thanks Toasty. This is a good start.

The area that I am particularly interested in is on the Lake Huron Coast South of Goderich North of Sarnia. I have a cottage there at a place called Kettle Point. It is an Indian Reservation -- a wonderful, historic site that has been inhabited for, well, a long, long time by the Chippewas. It is not a built up area; mostly coastal farmland, cottages and a large stretch of Carolinian Forest with Savannah Oaks. Though I am not an indigenous person, I feel strangely connected to this land.

One moonless night, this past Summer, I found myself sitting on the beach. It was totally black. The only lights that I could perceive were the stars and a few lights that I could see flickering on boats way out on Lake Huron. It was then that I realized that this would be the perfect place to spot UFOs. Of course, whether or not this was a spot that UFOs would consider "perfect" is another story. Nevertheless, it is my intention to search for UFOs with some purposeful preparation. Being a novice amateur astronomer, my time out there won't be wasted. Though I would like to increase my odds of seeing a UFO.

Every Summer, I also travel North to the Perry Sound area. So I will be very interested in knowing about any Canadian UFO Flaps -- especially in that area. Incidentally, my sky viewings at the Kettle Point Cottage won't be limited to Summer. There are some excellent view of a "Big Sky" in rather sheltered areas so I also intend to do some Winter observations. Anyway, thanks for the tips, the link and your interest.

If you, or anyone else, has any additional information, I would be very grateful.

posted on Nov, 20 2005 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Im from Saskatchewan and I have only had 1 sighting that I could not identify. It was quite recently actually, and I made a short thread about it.

Nothing interesting, just a pulsating blue light in the night sky.

There have been other more interesting sightings in my area, but nothing much.

Its pretty much hit and miss everywhere.

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 12:03 AM
link   
There tends to be UFO hot spots which see waves of UFOs. Heres a map of the USA

Theres also alot of hot spots outside the US like Mexico city

Most sightings occur during summer. This may be just due to the fact that more people are outside at night though.

link

[edit on 21-11-2005 by ShadowXIX]

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Sweet Map ShadowXIX!!!!!

How are the colored areas selected, definately not counties.

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Since you're right by wisconsin, you might want to plan a camping trip over to Devil's lake. I hear lots of weird alien phenomenon tends to occur during the summer time or even fall.

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Sounds like you have a real nice spot for some awesome sky gazing.

Did a search on google for Lake Huron and UFOs and there seems to be a reasonable amount of sightings in that area. So you could be in luck!

When you go out, maybe you could take a deck chair or one of those hammock type chairs where you can lay back and look up at the stars with a pair of binoculars. I'm sure you will see something eventually. Even if you don't spot a UFO there are still cool things to see like shooting stars (surprising how many of these you can actually see in a night!), satellites (Ive seen a few of these, they look like stars but move quite quickly across the sky, or maybe they were UFOs
), and meteors (only seen 2 of these before).

Here's a site with a list of Canadian UFO groups:
Here

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bandar Paul
Sweet Map ShadowXIX!!!!!

How are the colored areas selected, definately not counties.

The map was provided by J. Allen Hynek Center for UFO Studies, Chicago, Illinois. It goes by Density of UFO Reports for Each State. Im not sure the time period it covers.

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 03:13 AM
link   
Where to see a UFO? Hmm.... I'd go out in the country and find a nice flat, and treeless horizen and start from there. I have never sighted one but if I were to be out with nothing to this is where I'D look.

posted on Nov, 22 2005 @ 07:39 PM
link   
i would go to the big mountain from 'Close encounters of the third kind' That movie was kick-ass, though most of it is just copied into 'War of the Worlds', which was a good movie as well, but no UFO's

posted on Nov, 22 2005 @ 07:56 PM
link   
We do have a UFO group in the city where I live -- Lansdown-5 UFO Study Group. Though, frankly, they are a tough group to get a hold of....I've tried on a number of occasions. They are fairly active though, they have brought some interesting folks to town for speaking engagements; Stanton Friedman and Seth Shostak (SETI) to name a few. I'll keep trying though. Thanks for the additional links Toasty.

Yes, Toasty, "my beach" at Ipperwash, Kettle Point is an excellent place to sky watch. A bit of patience on a clear night is almost always rewarded by a few "shooting stars". Now if only an alien space fleet would pass by overhead.

posted on Nov, 22 2005 @ 08:04 PM
link   
USA
www.burlingtonnews.net...

ufoinfo.com...

www.cufon.org...

Top UFO "Hot Spots" for Asia and Australia

ufoinfo.com...

[edit on 22-11-2005 by eudaimonia]

posted on Nov, 22 2005 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Guess, I chose a good area, my state in all is low, but not my area.
Wis

posted on Nov, 24 2005 @ 09:45 AM
link   
some people might not like me for saying this, but when I had all my sightings in the nineties a lot of them were near military bases. They tend to hang out around our military to observe them I would guess. Probably some bases have a lot more ufo activity than others.

posted on Nov, 25 2005 @ 09:09 AM
link   
If I can ever figure out how to upload my video clips from my mobile phone onto my pc then I can post them later. I have regular sightings and have even recorded them near my flat, or in the area where I live. I take stills of them as well.

I use to see them in the States and I have seen them in various parts of the UK where I have lived.

They are prevelant, but be sure to have a camera at hand, to photograph them.

posted on Nov, 25 2005 @ 12:25 PM
link   
My most ufo, high strangeness, mind changing moments have occured in so. Colorado, in and around the San Luis Valley. Sightings there are so common, the locals don't even bother reporting them. Google Chris Obrian if you want more info on this truely amazing place.

mod edit: please don't circumvent the censors

[edit on 25-11-2005 by sanctum]

who

posted on Nov, 27 2005 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Someone mentioned having a telescope helps, just wondered what kind would be the most useful. I recently traded my 10 inch dobs for a 12.5 inch dobs, wrong type? I was thinking with something like a 35mm eyepiece I would have a huge viewing area.

top topics

join