It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

64 Failed "end of the world" predictions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2005 @ 10:37 AM
link   
This proves man even before he could make a profit out of it was proclaiming the end of times

64 failed end of world predictons

[edit on 19-11-2005 by WERE_ALL_GONA_DIE]

posted on Nov, 19 2005 @ 11:01 AM
link   
I would have to point out that the stuff about bible prophecy having failed is wrong, and seems to be driven by this person's desire to prove it so. Just an example....

About 30 CE: The Christian Scriptures (New Testament), when interpreted literally, appear to record many predictions by Jeshua of Nazareth (Jesus Christ) that God's Kingdom would arrive within a very short period, or was actually in the process of arriving. For example, Jesus is recorded as saying in Matthew 16:28: "...there shall be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of Man coming in his kingdom." In Matthew 24:34, Yeshua is recorded as saying: "...This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled." Since the life expectancy in those days was little over 30 years, Jesus appears to have predicted his second coming sometime during the 1st century CE. It didn't happen.

Ok lets forget our feelings that this is the Word of God or its complete fabrication. Lets look at it logically, but lets assume that the entire story of Christ was true for the sake of arguement. (Because if it wasn't then we might as well all ignore it as 1st century sci-fi).

Lets look at a few versus since part of one verse can make it a bit hard to figure out what was being spoken of...

In this section Jesus was speaking of the end of days and when we would know it was coming. The website says they want to look at this literally but since its in part a allaegory, that wouldn'[t make much sense now would it?

(Mat 24:32) Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When his branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer [is] nigh (Mat 24:33) So likewise ye, when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, [even] at the doors. (Mat 24:34) Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled. (Mat 24:35) Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.

Looking for the "literal" meaning, I would read this as "this generation" being the generation that "putteth forth leaves". In other words as long as the vine (The followers of jesus and/or The Church) puts forth leaves (New Christians who accept Jesus as their Savior and the sacrifice for their sins) like it did at the beginning God's plan will not be fulfilled and the fulfillment will wait. We could also read into this and say that when the vine stops producing as many leaves and starts to die, then we know to start preparing for the fufillment of all things.

[edit on 19-11-2005 by Wassabi]

new topics

join