It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FDA clears Tamiflu

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2005 @ 09:51 AM
link   

America's powerful medicines regulator has ruled there is no evidence of a link between the bird flu drug Tamiflu and the deaths of 12 children in Japan.

personally, I think some of these Anti-Viral drugs can do more bad than good. To clarify, i mean on a large scale, not on a case-by-case basis. For instance, overuse of antivirals just triggrers mutation in viral strains.

Link (BBC)

posted on Nov, 19 2005 @ 12:01 PM
link   

I wonder how much Rummy had to pay? And who he pieced off?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Voice of America: "Japan's health ministry says it plans to reissue a warning of dangerous behavioral side effects linked to the anti-influenza drug Tamiflu. This comes amid reports that several children in Japan died after taking the medication."

Chosun: VOA Asia

PharmaTimes:
"According to PharmaTimes, Japan's Ministry of Health may issue another warning of behavioural side effects linked with Tamiflu (oseltamivir), after reports of cases of sudden death amongst children given the drug, and says it has identified 64 cases of psychological disorders linked to oseltamivir since its approval four years ago.

Chugai, which distributes oseltamivir in the Japan, says it has reported two deaths to the Ministry - which in turn has concluded that one death was treatment-related. In Japan, oseltamivir is already stamped with a warning of abnormal behaviour and hallucinations, which is not on the labelling in other markets."

Japan Times:
"In Japan the drug carries a warning of possible impaired consciousness, abnormal behavior, hallucinations, and other psychological and neurological symptoms. ...The Pharmaceuticals and Medical Devices Agency said there were 64 cases of psychological disorders linked to the drug between fiscal 2000 and 2004."

posted on Nov, 20 2005 @ 03:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by soficrow

I wonder how much Rummy had to pay? And who he pieced off?

What can I say? of course he did, its the FDA, one phone call was probably all it bloody took.. and only from one of his right hand men, not even from Rummy himself.

Thanks for the links, im checking that other thread out now

There are more serious issues and side-effects with Tamiflu than i first though, even on a case-by-case basis.

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 04:22 PM
link   
I remember reading 'tamiflu useless against bird flu' articles from around 2005; here I found that it's toxic, yuck:

The bird flu, HIN-5, also appears to be hemorrhagic in its nature. What's really interesting here is the vaccine called, TAMIFLU, oseltamivir phosphate, made by Roche. When examining one of the active ingredients, we find 1-cyclohexane-1-. Strange because cyclohexane is considered a highly toxic substance, see appendices,. It's really funny but oh yes, cyclohexane is the chief ingredient in PCP commonly known as phenecyclidine, or maybe you've heard it as, all, yes again, Angel Dust!

www.bbsradio.com...

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 05:49 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

join