It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More Americans are becoming isolationists.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 03:41 PM
link   
That would be a good use for our troops alternateheaven. We have plenty of troops still here at home that could be used to help guard the US/Mexican Border. We have all in all 1.5 million military personel. I'm sure most all are able to use a weapon. We have 140-160,000 in Iraq and Afghanistan now, so you see its not a manpower shortage. Which brings me to another question, why the hell arent they there helping then?

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 04:01 PM
link   
By going into Iraq with a smaller force, the US administration was hoping not to look like occupiers but liberators. If the US went in with 500,000 soldiers it would appear that we were planning to stay. Plus I think the 'opposition' would of just hidden until we left. At least now we draw them out and inflict massive casualties on the insurgents.

In regards to isolationism.......could never happen nowadays. It's too much of a gobal world. Even if we did and could, it wouldn't last long before France was begging us to save them again!!

Face it....as good or crappy as it sounds, the US really does keep the vast majority of this world from falling into anachary.

[edit on 21-11-2005 by ferretman]

posted on Nov, 22 2005 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Question.
How can we be isolationist, when the top 1% elitists are American citizens, and world market puppeteers? (getting the tax breaks, and moving their profits offshore)

American public polls show how ignorant they all really are.

While the top 1% makes their profit from the poor, middle class, and even upper classes, the mass majority of the american public is being ripped off. And y'all even want to support this minority cuz you want an even better standard of living. Good night and good luck- Educate yourself.

The upward mobility dream is a delusion. Maybe we should all just have a world minimum wage...... That would piss the yuppies off- wouldn't it?

posted on Nov, 22 2005 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Exactly alternateheaven; in England we have social security; in America you have military, want a job? Then join them.
In England social security takes up just over a third of all government money spent, I don't know what the American figure is but I doubt it’s nearly as high. And I do know they spend far more on defence.

Also surely as long as America has nukes it will never be invaded? Want to control terrorism? Then tighten border controls, or DON'T do stuff like export weapons to undemocratic countries or provoke hate by selling them to Israel.
I'm sure America's right to be concerned about China. But why do you buy so much stuff from there? Surely the democracy of India is a better place for cheap labour?

[edit on 090705 by Liberal1984]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join