It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just speak into the microphone...please

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 12:56 PM
link   
New walk-through airport lie detector.

A new walk-through airport lie detector made in Israel may prove to be the toughest challenge yet for potential hijackers or drugs smugglers.

Tested in Russia, the two-stage GK-1 voice analyser requires that passengers don headphones at a console and answer "yes" or "no" into a microphone to questions about whether they are planning something illicit.
The software will almost always pick up uncontrollable tremors in the voice that give away liars or those with something to hide, its designers at Israeli firm Nemesysco said.

"In our trial, 500 passengers went through the test, and then each was subjected to full traditional searches," said chief executive officer Amir Liberman. "The one person found to be planning something illegal was the one who failed our test."

The GK-1 is expected to cost between $10,000-$30,000 when marketed.

news.com.au

A "voice analyser". I hope this turns out to be a 'White Elephant'.

What would the results be if you had a cold or whatever? Assuming 'they' had a the persons voice profile as a 'baseline' for comparison.

Sanc'.

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 01:03 PM
link   
These should be installed in both the house and the senate. They should be in the background every time the president makes a televised statement.

They should be a mainstay at the white house press conferences, so that whatever weasly scum they've got pimping policy this month can be shamed into truthfullness.

"I did not have sexual relations with that woman."
BZZZZZZZZZ
"Ah, dang, I mean, I did not..hmmm..I did not enjoy sexual relations with that woman."
BZZZZZZZZZ
"Okay, people, America, I'm sorry. I'm truly sorry.."
BZZZZZZZZZ
"Ah dang it all. I quit. This job just isn't fun anymore. Anyone got a cheeseburger?"

I would LOVE to live in a country where politicians are FORCED to tell the truth. That would be hilarious.

Sure, national security would go out the window, but at least it might, for once, be clear to the majority of Americans just who the enemy really is. (Hint:You voted for him!)

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 01:16 PM
link   
oooooooooh, That's a cool new toy. If it turns out to be reliable and doesnt make lines longer(wich it seems like it will) it will be a great addition to the national security arsenal lol.

These should be installed in both the house and the senate. They should be in the background every time the president makes a televised statement.

^^NICE! They would also be useful in the court room....if they would allow it,but it is sort of like a lie detector test so probably not.

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 11:13 PM
link   
At only $10-30K a piece I can see large corporations and recruiting firms wanting them for screening job canidates

I also wonder if this technology could work over the telephone just as good as it does with the person there in front of the machine
I know I have seen inexpensive lie detector telephones for for sale in catalogs so I bet it would work pretty well.

According to this some insurance companies in england are already doing it to screen claimants

www.lot49.com...

new topics

top topics

join