It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crystals and sound?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Howdy - just wondering if anyone else has had this strange experience with crystals.

I recently acquired a load of them - all different kinds and noticed when I was first inspecting them all and trying to categorise them that my right ear went a bit strange. You know like off on a tangent. I don't know if everyone even gets that - but I do - sometimes a tiny adjustment occurs in my hearing, lasts a few seconds - maybe half a minute and then it goes back to normal.

Anyway, this time - it pretty much stayed like that. It felt a bit like something was pressing against my ear. Not that obvious though so I just ignored it.

HOWEVER - later that night and then the following few nights, I was looking at the crystals again and arranging them onto grids. My right ear felt a bit strange again but I didn't make the connection. It was only when I was trying to get to sleep that I realised I could hear this weird two note kind of wavering. A bit like a very quiet siren. Except it didn't have a regular rhythm, it was just like a fluctuation between the two notes. Bizarre!

I put it down to the crystals because I can't think what else it would be. It's whenever I'm around them that I hear this and only in my right ear. Which is strange because I thought it was only my left hand that could "feel the force" as it were so therefore if any ear's going to hear it it would be the left!

What do you make of that? Anyone else had this?

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Weird... well, it is possible that crystals have something to do with the noise you hear, after all they have their vibration frequency, and some of them are channelers.
But i don't know if a phenomenon like that is likely to happend or not.

Still it is curious, so it would be interesting if someone could shed some light onto it.

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Hi , first I would like to say that crystals have been used in watches and have a vibration so if they vibrate they have a frequency. Frequency = sound. Crystals receive even more power and let off more power when light is introduced into the crystal. You may want to do this. Also it has been know to clean your crystal by using sea salt and water solution , this may help as it may have collected , yes collected energy. After you clean your crystal then place it in a sunny window and let the crystal charge up. You may hear louder or clearer sounds. Many Blessings

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 08:15 AM
link   
The wavering sounds like there is some Beat Frequency Oscillation going on. When two sounds are almost the same frequency there is an oscillation that is perceived in the ears. You can experiment with a guitar or other stringed instrument. Some guitarists count the oscillations in order to better tune their instruments.

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 12:44 PM
link   
hey totaly different but simlilar,

i bought a drilled piece of amathyst other day to make a knecklace out of it and i did and i was wearing it today to test increased awareness, then this afternoon we had a band practise and i kept it on and we got quite emotional?/active?/in to the music. and i just checked this crystal after reading this and it has developed a crack or two
im pretty sure cyrstals respond to sound specialy seeing as you can cleanse them with sound

links on crystal cleansing that i find useful

www.thesoulelement.com...

www.sobrietystones.com...

www.mkprojects.com...

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 08:01 PM
link   
The properties of crystal have not yet been fully explored. It is known they can make an energy source but the problem at present is the amount of crystal needed is astronomical and not viable. Crystals do resonate, if you have a few it can get a vibrations going quite well.

I look forward to more discoveries made about these world's little marvels.

Crystals have been used for healing for centuries. So far no investigations have been done to establish a scientific fact database of these crystals and their potential. They are there, they have an energy but what now needs to be explored is the boundaires of that knowledge. To find out just how much energy and what it can be applied to.

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Kerrymac - I could hear this weird two note kind of wavering. A bit like a very quiet siren. Except it didn't have a regular rhythm, it was just like a fluctuation between the two notes.

Groingrinder - The wavering sounds like there is some Beat Frequency Oscillation going on. When two sounds are almost the same frequency there is an oscillation that is perceived in the ears. You can experiment with a guitar or other stringed instrument. Some guitarists count the oscillations in order to better tune their instruments.

I have no idea what exactly is going on with the crystals, but what Kerrymac is describing does sound like the Beat Frequency phenomena that Groingrinder talks about.

As a wild guess, maybe the crystals are acting kind of like tuning forks, and they are tuned to frequencies that are really close, for example, 400Hz and 405Hz, producing a beat frequency of 5Hz that your ear would hear. Only, those are just example frequencies, and the actual numbers (assuming this theory has any validity at all) are probably totally different.

posted on Nov, 18 2005 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Brilliant! Thanks everyone. I thought people might just say "grow up blondie - it was probably the neighbours car alarm" but yeah, I've always thought there's something in crystal therapy and all that. I mean we're all just vibrating masses aren't we - if crystals are so perfect in their cellular formation it does stand to reason that their vibrations might have an impact on ours.

Anyway, I'd be interested to know if anyone else has actually heard crystal sounds. I mean I've always had pretty good hearing. I'm a sound engineer in radio and whenever I go into other people's studios I'm SHOCKED at how loud they have the speakers up. They're similarly dismayed that I think I can mix a programme with the volume on it's lowest setting. So perhaps that's why I was so aware of these wavering sounds.

posted on Nov, 18 2005 @ 11:10 PM
link   
As a test to see whether these sounds are actually being generated by the crystals somehow, or whether they are 'in your head', I would try to duplicate the circumstances that led to you hearing those sounds. Then if you do hear them again, I would try doing it in a totally different location, maybe a friend's house. That would tell you if they were maybe picking up some vibration in your house and somehow amplifying it, or whether it was something the crystals were doing all by themselves.

To be honest, I suspect that it isn't the crystals at all that is causing this phenomenon, but is more likely some household appliance or something biological in your ear. It is an interesting theory, though, and I've never seen one like it. You also mention that you have very good hearing, so maybe you can hear sounds over a wider frequency range than most 'normal' people. For example, I had a friend in high school who could hear electrical appliances when they were operating. We had no idea what exactly was going on, but he said he would hear this faint buzzing, and he was able to accurately tell if electrical devices were being used nearby.

new topics

top topics

join