It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aluminum Helmets NO good??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2005 @ 09:33 PM
link   
people.csail.mit.edu...

"The use of aluminum helmets has been a common guerrilla tactic against the government's invasive tactics [...] these helmets can in fact help the government spy on citizens by amplifying certain key frequency ranges reserved for government use.

[...]It requires no stretch of the imagination to conclude that the current helmet craze is likely to have been propagated by the Government, possibly with the involvement of the FCC. We hope this report will encourage the paranoid community to develop improved helmet designs to avoid falling prey to these shortcomings."

posted on Nov, 16 2005 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Is this amuminium helmets as in "Tin Foil Hats" ?

So...Paranoid types have come to the conclusion that they do no good and are in fact rather silly.......about time......

posted on Nov, 16 2005 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason

yep

posted on Nov, 16 2005 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by seawater999

yep

So now the paranoid's are NOT wearing them because the Government uses them to spy/control people?

Perhaps they should stay clear of tin foil all together, sit down, have a spliff and a cup of tea, turn some music on and chill out........

posted on Nov, 16 2005 @ 10:17 PM
link   

yep

So now the paranoid's are NOT wearing them because the Government uses them to spy/control people?

Perhaps they should stay clear of tin foil all together, sit down, have a spliff and a cup of tea, turn some music on and chill out........

they could do that...
but then they'll just fall into deception and be swept away in the currents that the evil rulers of this depraved world stir up...

I think its better to be paranoid than apathetic...
But STILL, they gotta learn to CHILL!

posted on Nov, 16 2005 @ 10:27 PM
link   

they could do that...
but then they'll just fall into deception and be swept away in the currents that the evil rulers of this depraved world stir up...

Hey, it's what I do and I am by no means "swept away in the currents that the evil rulers of this depraved world stir up".

I do, however, save my tin foil for cooking.

posted on Nov, 16 2005 @ 11:00 PM
link   

they could do that...

Hey, it's what I do and I am by no means "swept away in the currents that the evil rulers of this depraved world stir up".

I do, however, save my tin foil for cooking.

funny!
only good use for tin foil anyway.

so whats with the alien avatar? just curious...

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 12:05 AM
link   

funny!
only good use for tin foil anyway.

so whats with the alien avatar? just curious...

Because Aliens are cool.....

Its not I don't believe, I just don't believe everything I read

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 12:58 AM
link   
If you didn't notice, the very smart guy linked the page off part of a personal site called 'hacks'. Other such links from the hack site went as 'Voluminize your backpack', 'How to eat muffins' (Focuses on the tactical aspects of eating muffins) and Analytical Paralysis (
:lol
. Anyway, seawater999, you'd have to believe that the government was in fact reading our brainwaves to believe that those quack-hats make it easier for them to do so.
Did anyone read his thesis? I was lost after the first page.
I fancy myself as a baker, personally, so I don't use to much foil, but it can come in handy. I use Multix Alfoil, and it comes with a free offer! What type of foil does everyone else use?

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by watch_the_rocks
If you didn't notice, the very smart guy linked the page off part of a personal site called 'hacks'. Other such links from the hack site went as 'Voluminize your backpack', 'How to eat muffins' (Focuses on the tactical aspects of eating muffins) and Analytical Paralysis (
:lol
. Anyway, seawater999, you'd have to believe that the government was in fact reading our brainwaves to believe that those quack-hats make it easier for them to do so.
Did anyone read his thesis? I was lost after the first page.
I fancy myself as a baker, personally, so I don't use to much foil, but it can come in handy. I use Multix Alfoil, and it comes with a free offer! What type of foil does everyone else use?

Maybe I'm aware of that stuff...

Aluminum is a conductor...its obviously not going to shield RF. It is by nature going to do the opposite...
ya know when someone adds aluminum to their tv's antenna for better reception?

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Does anybody know of any good tinfoil hat websites? Do people post pictures of their tinfoil hats? I need a real good laugh
and I think that might do it

posted on Nov, 18 2005 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Just remember; if you are paranoid long enough, eventually you will be right.

posted on Nov, 18 2005 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by warpboost
Does anybody know of any good tinfoil hat websites? Do people post pictures of their tinfoil hats? I need a real good laugh

Here ya go!

posted on Nov, 18 2005 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkelf

Originally posted by warpboost

Here ya go!

that site got a reward from the illuminati*...
whadya know?

*EDIT: I mean an illuminati-type website

[edit on 18-11-2005 by seawater999]

posted on Nov, 19 2005 @ 07:21 PM
link   
See, now, I've never understood how people could believe a foil beanie would provide any kind of protection from anything.
There's that big opening at the bottom, where your head goes through!!

What you'd need is a Faraday Cage that you can move around in!

www.drmegavolt.com...

www.srl.org...

or maybe even...

Some folks cover their entire apartments in tin foil, but I think if you just get yourself a little one-man Pup Tent and cover that, you'd be protected when you're sleeping.
Isn't that mostly when "they" get you?

[edit on 11/19/2005 by cljohnston108]

join