It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Buying cigarettes for a minor

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2005 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Hey all.

I started smoking at 11. And 11 all the way up to 18, I had the hardest time getiing tobacco.

One of my friends that I work with, tonight, he asked me if I would buy him some camel's. I asked him how old he was, and he replied "16".

I thought about it for a second, and remembered how hard it was for me to get smokes. So, I went and bought them for him.

Was what I did bad? And is it a felony or a misdeameanor?

-Jared

[edit on 11-16-2005 by theshadowknows]

posted on Nov, 16 2005 @ 05:32 PM
link   
depends on which country ur in
16 is legal age for smoking

i just feel sorry for the people that smoke from a young age
as they are the most likely to die of a stroke, cancer and so

posted on Nov, 16 2005 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Here in Texas you have to be 18 to buy, and you my be charged with contributing to the delinquency (sp?) of a minor, I'm not sure. Don't feel bad about it though. If it has concerned you enough to post it, I think you have answered your question
. I'll be 37 Sunday after Thanksgivig, been smokin' since age 20, and I too regret every minute of it

posted on Nov, 16 2005 @ 07:10 PM
link   
its 18 here and strictly enforced now. I remember buying them as a kid too.

But it should be banned altogether if it is that bad.

posted on Nov, 16 2005 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Actually in Australia, if I recall correctly, the legal age to BUY them is 18, but the leal age to SMOKE them is 16.

Doesn't make sense to me either

No I don't think u did a bad thing Jared, I have done it before.
U didn't make the decision for him to smoke them, U just helped him

I say screw the system wherever U can without getting in trouble or hurting anybody for it lol

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by theshadowknows
Hey all.

I started smoking at 11. And 11 all the way up to 18, I had the hardest time getiing tobacco.

One of my friends that I work with, tonight, he asked me if I would buy him some camel's. I asked him how old he was, and he replied "16".

I thought about it for a second, and remembered how hard it was for me to get smokes. So, I went and bought them for him.

Was what I did bad? And is it a felony or a misdeameanor?

-Jared

[edit on 11-16-2005 by theshadowknows]

I'm not sure how old you are, and i've also been a smoker since 14 or 15, but its kind of wrong, Whether or not the kid seem responsible enough isnt' the case, but what matters is that you might be held accountable for your actions.

The way i see it is they have plenty of years ahead of them to ruin their health with alcohol and ciggerates, Now i don't feel what you did was evil or malicious in anyway whatsoever, but seriously you not buying them ciggaretes might of taken them one step closer to quiting.

of course this comes from a person who has been guilty of the same thing in the past.

its just my view point has changed, Its cool that you respect this person enough that you would go ahead and do this for them. but like i said they will have plenty of years ahead of them if they are willing to wait that they will be able to do it all they want.

new topics

top topics

join