It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Australian Women Detained In Syria With Concealed Gun Parts.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2005 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Four women from Australia were arested with two Syrian women after gun parts were allegedly found inside a child's toy. The women were detained at Damascus airport with the toy being carried by a child with the women. It is believed the women were attempting to board a flight to Australia at the time. The women are currently being questioned by police in Damascus. All six women were of Iraqi origin.

www.news.com.au
The Department of Foreign Affairs (DFAT) said two women from Victoria and two from NSW were with two Iraqi women when they were detained at Damascus airport on Tuesday.

The ABC has quoted a Syrian police source and a diplomatic source as saying the women entered the airport in the Syrian capital with a child.

The DFAT spokesman said one of the Australian women was accompanied by her son.

"Consular officials from Cairo are seeking to confirm the reports and to provide consular assistance to the group," he said.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

This is a strange case indeed and I am sure we will be hearing more about it over the next few days. One gun does not a terrorist attack make though.

It was pointed out the women were of Iraqi origin but it is not clear yet what that really has to do with the matter.

Related News Links:
www.abc.net.au
www.abc.net.au
www.theage.com.au www.kuna.net.kw

posted on Nov, 16 2005 @ 03:27 PM
link   
It doesn't take a leap of logic to understand what was being planned...
I just wonder if we were lucky, or informed...

and what of gun parts... were they to be planted, or was this to be the first child and mother terrorist plot...

the depths of disgust is beyond measure...

posted on Nov, 16 2005 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Wait a second. What type of gun parts are we talking about? I mean, the term "gun parts" is exceptionally vague. If these women were Aussie citizens, maybe they were taking some harmless replacement parts for their respective husband's legally owned shotguns. Still illegal, maybe, because I don't know the law down there. But just because they were carrying "gun parts" does not make them terrorists whatsoever.

[edit on 16/11/2005 by GottCompton]

posted on Nov, 16 2005 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I can see what these rats were upto, the person with the other half of the gun parts was going to meet them on the plane, put the gun together, hijack the plane, crash plane into high rise building, lots of dead people.

Jail them. (all of them)

posted on Nov, 16 2005 @ 06:31 PM
link   
yeah! let's ASSume

:shk:

posted on Nov, 16 2005 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mayet

This is a strange case indeed and I am sure we will be hearing more about it over the next few days. One gun does not a terrorist attack make though.

It was pointed out the women were of Iraqi origin but it is not clear yet what that really has to do with the matter.

I suppose the link is a possible tie to the terrorists stirring up crap over there right now, coming so close on the heels of the Jordan bombing. But you do have a point. A single gun does not make a terrorist. But it does point to something criminal or shady. Maybe not terrorism. Maybe drug smuggling? Assasination Mob Style?

Who knows. Though I understand their suspicions about terrorist links, I hope they establish something solid THEN bust em for terrorism, the way normal law works, if they are indeed guilty.

They are guilty of carrying guns and gun parts, true. Just have to find out why I suppose.

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 12:37 AM
link   
ON the TV news they said the parts were for a pistol, hidden in children's stuffed toys, and that maybe the women intended to hijack the plane.

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 03:02 AM
link   
Im sorry but hidden pistol parts inside a childs toy obviously to take into the cabin of the plane is a plane hijack/ terrorist.

Wonder who had the other parts of the Pistol??

If it was simply smuggling gun parts to australia they would hide them in there main luggage.

Lock her up, and stamp her passport " never to be aloud plane travel "

top topics

join