It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

!Attention!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Does the object in question stay in that spot for hours at a time. If you looked at it say at 7:30, is it still there about 30 mins or so later. And I mean the EXACT spot in the sky. Is it flashing blue, greenish, and red? I'm sorry if you've answered these, but I ddidn't notice specific colors or durations mentioned.

[edit on 22-9-2004 by Der Kapitan]

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Der Kapitan
Does the object in question stay in that spot for hours at a time.

It appears to stay in approximately the same position for the night, it does move, I have tracked it all over the Norther Hemi, north, south, east, west and every combination in between. I've seen it from Muskegon and Hesperia, as have others I pointed it out to. I have seen it recently and will try to get a magnetic compass alignment on it's direction in the near future.

Originally posted by Der Kapitan
Is it flashing blue, greenish, and red?

Yes, also white all in rapid transiton.

Thank you for the cooperation and interest everyone. I'll see if I can find it tonight and up date this thread then, as we have been getting some really clear skies this time of year. If I had a powerful enough zoom camera, I would film it, with out chemical film as Kano prefurs...

[edit on 22-9-2004 by ADVISOR]

LL1

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Could you be seeing Toutatis ?

On September 29, 2004, at 13:37 Toutatis will be 962,951 miles from earth, so more than likely you can see it.

echo.jpl.nasa.gov...

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 08:24 PM
link   
The object can't be Toutatis. It would be to faint of a magnitude to see it with your eyes. You'd most likely require a set of binoculars to see the asteroid.

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Prior report was not accurate.

Last known position as confirmed is 114 degree east, at 05:25 sept 23, 04.

[edit on 23-9-2004 by ADVISOR]

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 06:29 PM
link   
I have a question. Do you think i would be able to see it from
aRiZ0na? Nevada? Califronia?

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by ADVISOR
It stays almost exactly at the same elevation, on the horizon. I'm still not sure of it's orbit path. It is not natural, it changes color rapidly and moves slowly if at all at times.

Photos?

Can you rent a telescope and a camera? Seems like it would be worth it.

posted on Sep, 24 2004 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Could it be a surveillance blimp? I recall seeing a story that the US was considering long-duration blimps that would be parked over major cities to provide a surveillance platform for homeland security. East coast of US--New York City would be the obvious first choice as elections near.

posted on Sep, 25 2004 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I'm in Washington, if I got use of a telescope + camera + person who knows what they are doing, how hard would it be to spot this thing?

posted on Sep, 25 2004 @ 05:54 PM
link   
I think you guys are seeing secret high altitude blimps that have sensor equipment to detect radiation. Thes sensors must linger of a target area for days to detect and properly isolate radiaition sources. CIA or someone is searching for nukes/dirty bombs over our large cities and places were they suspect terrorist might hide such things. It is classified because they do not want to scare the public as they are following up leads on suspected locations.

If this were announced it would give away to the public, and to the bad guys were they suspect such WMD might be hidden.

The bad guys would run or use them and the public would panic if they thought the CIA, or whoever suspected such things in their neighborhoods.

I suspect we will be seeing more of these reports over the next year or so.
X

posted on Sep, 25 2004 @ 08:26 PM
link   
No, it's no elaborate conspiracy. What the man is seeing is most likely Venus, or possibly Saturn. They both appear in the eastern sky near the horizon. If you could please tell me it's location one more time in the next day or two, we'll be able to figure out what it is.

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 06:12 PM
link   
yes! i have been seeing this/these object(s) for a long time. i first noticed one about four years ago, and after looking at it through a telescope with a relative and a friend, we all agreed that it was definitely flashing in an unfamiliar pattern from green to red to blue and even white, but changing up the order to the effect of apparent randomness. ever since then i have kept my eye out for them, and they have been showing up more and more. now, they can be found very practically every night, and they are not always near the horizon (usually over 20 degrees off of the horizon). also, more than one can be seen flashing green, red, and blue at the same time as one another. in addition to this, multiple examples of them can be more easily seen on holidays and events of national/international significance such as the fourth of july and christmas. for a reason that is not entirely appropriate to go into yet, it is very interesting that the star in question has been repeatedly identified as arcturus on the astronomy.com forum.

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 06:38 PM
link   
by the way, this thing is not hard to spot at all: it is clearly blinking through green, red, blue and white in a complex/random pattern that is unmistakable. it is usually in the northern skies, although i have always seen it to move with the night sky in relation to earth. furthermore, i have read (in the 'arcturian star chronicles' series, by patricia pereira) that these objects are simply starships placing themselves in the line of sight between earth and certain stars for the purpose of mediating energy that is coming from that star to earth's energy grid. these books can be easily found, and their reviews may be easily read, at amazon.com.

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 08:15 PM
link   
I may have missed this, but I thought I read every post. My questions are. 1)Where are you located? (from one of the first post I only get that your east) 2) hight above horizon line? (something was said about 55 degrees in the north, then something was said about 114 degrees east) 3) Between what times do you see it?

This is not the object but a few days ago there was a very brite light just about due east of me.
I am in Milwaukee WI, It is maybe 20 or 30 degrees above the horizon line, and time would be between 2:30 am and 3:30 am.
I am sure it is just a planet so havn't gave it too much thought. But this kind of info would be very helpfull in helping other people to figure out where to look.

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 11:18 AM
link   
I am an astronomer, and I know for a fact that it is Capella (a star). Since it is so bright, and close to the horizon, it will flicker red, blue, green, white, etc., and will appear not to move. I'm from Wisconsin, and I have seen this object as well. Yes, it is in the East, and about that far from the horizon. I am sorry to burst your bubble, Advisor, but it is only a star, not a top-secret spy sattelite/blimp/whatever that you thought it was. I have seen it every clear night, and it hardly moves, because it goes with the rotation of the sky.

I've got a scope, and for future proof, it is just a small dot of blinking light, just as you would see it with your naked eye.

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I never remember stars blinking like this. Twinkling, yes. Like if heat/cold waves in the atmosphere make them twinkle. That I can believe. Does not explain the changing of colors like this does very rapidly, and almost in a pattern. (I don't have a good enough telescope to look at it closely to determine if there's a pattern)

This is not a blimp.

This is not a satellite.

This is not a weather balloon.

This is not a planet. Planets reflect the light from the sun, so unless the sun is blinking disco colors, it's definitely not a planet.

This is not a star. Stars don't blink disco colors.

There are 2 of these in the NE sky. One blinks more red, the other more white. You can't miss it. The red/green/white/blue thing shows up FIRST in the night sky. Before anything else. Low to the horizon, about 3 or 4 hands above the earth.

Does anyone have a *really good* big telescope that can take a long look at this thing?

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Wait, wait, wait, let me go into my archive. . . . I have hundreds of photos of stationary orbs, all colors; some of them mobile day-to-day; some of them en route; some of them lit; some of them solid metal.

Which kind, what flavor and how many photos of these sorts of things do you want me to put up?

I have maybe 500--assorted--taken over the last year and half.

speak up what you want to see.

Here. Go to this directory and look for yourself.

www...

That's where most of them are. There are more in Italy, New York and Arizona, but those are scattered.

[edit on 9-11-2004 by Emily_Cragg]

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I have a telescope. It cost me one grand, is 5 inches wide, and has a hand controller that is programmed to locate 32,000 objects at the touch of a button. You guys.... *sigh*.

First off, if you're going to post here about what you saw, and what you think it is, please also state your state (no pun intended) and city so that I can figure out what you are seeing using my sky simulator software, which isn't just some beginner program either. This way, I'll be able to get back to you on whether you are seeing a star, or whether we really do have something....

Check out my pictures in my signature. If you don't, then you must have something better to do than take 30 seconds to get a laugh.

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 10:49 AM
link   
I'm sorry. I don't understand.

Are you commenting on near-earth objects, or are you changing the subject?

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by diehard_democrat

First off, if you're going to post here about what you saw, and what you think it is, please also state your state (no pun intended) and city so that I can figure out what you are seeing using my sky simulator software,

I'm in NYC. Others here have stated they are in NJ and in the Northeast in general. You act as though we're making this thing up, but I swear to you, if you can get a good look, you'll say to yourself "WTF *is* that?" just as we do.

I got up really early this morning to get my guy off to the airport, and these "stars" were right where they were last night when I went to bed. There's the Crescent moon, Venus, and Jupiter (or Saturn, can't remember which) lined up early morning now, and these "stars" were right there with them. One on one side, one on the other. They hadn't moved all night long. Curiouser, and curiouser.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join