It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would YOU do if your country were invaded?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2005 @ 03:20 AM
link   
One of my favorite films of all time is the John Milius' film, "Red Dawn". In that move, Cuba invades the United States. Of course, the film was made during the cold war and the Soviet Union was still in the equation. But, nevertheless, it was a good movie and an intriguing question.

If the U.S., Australia, Great Britain -- it doesn't matter so long as it is your country -- were to be invaded and occupied, what would you do? As in the movie, Red Dawn, consider that your nation is invaded and occupied through an invasion with overwhelming force and surprise and your government ceases to function openly. Would you submit or resist? Would you become a "freedom fighter"? And, if you chose to resist, what would you do, as a "freedom fighter" to resist the "foreign" occupation forces?

posted on Nov, 15 2005 @ 04:07 AM
link   
No easy answer, it depends on the situation. I like how the French Resistance fought the military occupation. Sure, a bunch of people are mocking them for surrendering, but look how they got back on feet in the long run. One of the very few who got none of their major infrastructures destroyed while occupied. Even the USA who never got invaded took a worst hit on their own turf than France did. (I'm not bashing the US here, just saying how well France defended against an invasion.)

(BTW I'm not from France.)

posted on Nov, 15 2005 @ 04:50 AM
link   
Well with so many mountains around me, I'd feel wasteful if I didn't climb them and become a Welsh Guerilla

Of course there are more sheep than guns here, so I'd be hiding out with a hammer and an axe, but I'd feel safer in this type of terrain than in a city.

But in all honesty, I and most of the people I know are probably in no fit state to fight an invasion, and would just hide for as long as possible. Sad.

[edit on 15-11-2005 by chebob]

posted on Nov, 15 2005 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by chebob
But in all honesty, I and most of the people I know are probably in no fit state to fight an invasion, and would just hide for as long as possible. Sad.
[edit on 15-11-2005 by chebob]

Yeah I feel U there, but I'd give it my best shot

posted on Nov, 15 2005 @ 06:24 AM
link   
I'd go invade the invaders country, just for a laugh of course, then slowly enslave the world and call it the British Empire mk2, then I'd get rich by making a film about it all, maybe call it the British Empire Strikes Back.

Fiction today...fact tomorrow!!!!

[edit on 15-11-2005 by UK Wizard]

posted on Nov, 15 2005 @ 06:59 AM
link   
I think the way i would feel can be summed up with this

We shall go on to the end, we shall fight on the seas and oceans, we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in the air, we shall defend our Island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender, and even if, which I do not for a moment believe, this Island or a large part of it were subjugated and starving, then our Empire beyond the seas, armed and guarded by the British Fleet, would carry on the struggle, until, in God's good time, the New World, with all its power and might, steps forth to the rescue and the liberation of the old.

change all references to Britain to Australia and there you have it

posted on Nov, 15 2005 @ 07:07 AM
link   
My actions would depend on those of my countrymen. If everyone was willing to grow the necessary plums to resist than maybe I would stay and fight, but more likely they would just bend over for the invaders and welcome them as new masters in which case I would be making a quick exit to the frozen north that is Canada.

posted on Nov, 15 2005 @ 10:28 AM
link   
I assume you mean I wake up tomorrow with foreign troops in the streets.

Max out the credit cards on groceries and liquor.
cash advances.

See, those are things the invader won't really care about.

So the cash is used for augmenting fuel and ammunition. So they won't trace the purchases.

Liquor is always a valued commodity in occupied territories as are groceries.

Run a wire through the trees in the front yard and down the chimney, so I can hook it to my shortwave radio, and get some non-propagandized info.

move the crappy guns into the gun cabinet. hide the good guns outside in a nearby area that I can access at night even if my property is siezed.

move the good jewelry and bullion into the strongboxes, and move the costume jewelry into Frau Dr's. jewelry boxes.

Call a friend who can help get Frau Dr. and the strangelings to the border, and try to contact her family to recieve them outside the US.

Pass them the codes to online banking accounts, my pension, etc., and try to cash it out overseas.

Meanwhile, I'd look at either leaving the US and joining the fam overseas, or staying here, liquidating our "disaster stockpiles" and or fomenting revolution, Red Dawn style.

posted on Nov, 15 2005 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by dr_strangecraft
...Max out the credit cards on groceries and liquor....

....Liquor is always a valued commodity in occupied territories as are groceries...

....Red Dawn style.

Well, before I do my best Patrick Swayze imitation, the Red Dawn Swayze not the Dirty Dancing Swayze, I'm going to find out where dr_strangecraft lives and raid his liquor cabinet.
:w:

That's the only "invasion" you should be worried about Dr..

On a serious note, another country would be foolish to even attempt an invasion. As a whole we are armed to the teeth.

Peace

posted on Nov, 15 2005 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Yeah, Dr. Love. An invasion of my liquor cabinet is pretty ill advised, too.

Armed to the teeth? Let me put it this way:

The last person who broke into this house is still missing.

More of a Kurt Russel thing.

Snake Pliskin or MacRaedy vs. the Thing.

Take your pick. And take your time.

[edit on 15-11-2005 by dr_strangecraft]

posted on Nov, 15 2005 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by dr_strangecraft
Yeah, Dr. Love. An invasion of my liquor cabinet is pretty ill advised, too.

Is that how it's gonna be? You can have my swill...............when you pry it from my cold, dead hands!

I will enter and leave like the wind.

Peace

posted on Nov, 15 2005 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love

I will enter and leave like the wind.

The marble gardens are full of people who believed the same thing.

Anyway. No need to hate on each other when the WOLVERINES need us to help them to set up an "L" ambush.

posted on Nov, 15 2005 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Well, theres a lotta forests around where Ilive so, I'd go to one of the woods, build a hut or somethin and hunt deer, or maybe eat bugs, for food and live there for the rest of my life....

[edit on 15-11-2005 by Striker122]

posted on Nov, 15 2005 @ 01:54 PM
link   
dr_strangecraft

Yeah, I was thinking about the "Wolverines" thing too. My high school mascot was the "Spartans". Honestly, I couldn't yell out "Spartans" at the enemy and still consider myself a man.
It sounds so thweet.

Never any "hating" dr_strangecraft. You rock!

Peace

[edit on 15-11-2005 by Dr Love]

posted on Nov, 15 2005 @ 01:56 PM
link   
First, i would buy some beers.
Ok, that's not true, i guess i would be like this:

And later on, buy a gun and start shooting everybody

new topics

top topics

join