It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ali G threatened.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 03:38 PM
link   

KAZAKHSTAN'S Foreign Ministry threatened legal action overnight against a British comedian who wins laughs by portraying the central Asian state as a country populated by drunks who enjoy cow-punching as a sport.

Sacha Baron Cohen, who portrays a spoof Kazakh television presenter Borat in his Da Ali G Show, has won fame ridiculing Kazakhstan, the world's ninth largest country yet still little known to many in the West, on British, Australian and US channels.
Cohen appears to have drawn official Kazakh ire after he hosted the annual MTV Europe Music Awards show in Lisbon earlier this month as Borat, who arrived in an Air Kazakh propeller plane controlled by a one-eyed pilot clutching a vodka bottle.

"We do not rule out that Mr Cohen is serving someone's political order designed to present Kazakhstan and its people in a derogatory way," Kazakh Foreign Ministry spokesman Yerzhan Ashykbayev said.

"We reserve the right to any legal action to prevent new pranks of the kind." He declined to elaborate.

AIIII

Article

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 03:55 PM
link   
What a ridiculous action by the Kazakh Foreign Ministry, I'm still laughing now!

The comedian Sacha Baron Cohen is blatently a guy who is just poking fun in the same way other countries might poke fun at the British as being bowler hat wearing, umbrella carrying moustachioed toffs.

Why would anyone take this view seriously, it is only a comical stereotype.

If what the Kazakh Foreign Ministry take further action then this only potentially puts the country in a position of being (unnecessarily) stereotyped as overeacting and defensive.

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 04:00 PM
link   
I admit Sacha Baron Cohen aka borat is as funny as hell but i do think he toke it to far at the EMA's this yaer.

can someone answer this for me,if you've seen the EMA's and saw the foo fighters when "borat" interupted it was that real or scripted? and at the end wear he goes upside down on the cable wire?

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Borat rules. Nuff said.

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Borat Learns How To Be A Real Gentleman

Transcript

Sanc'.

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 06:24 PM
link   
The bit that always disappoints me in this kind of thing is that so many seem to only see the literal and obvious and so few ever seem to give any consideration to just what the joke really might be.

For instance, when Borat did his US shows, one was where he did the country stuff and ended up sposedly in a 'redneck' club on stage singing his 'Throw the Jews down the well' song.

Was the joke that Borat sang this and got away with it without the stage being rushed or even questioned (at one point he even had the audience join in) or was the joke really on the people at home who were daft enough to have thought this really happened?

No doubt with some the gag is as it is seen but sometimes I am certain the joke is on the stunned and open-mouthed viewer for being way to credulous.

[edit on 17-11-2005 by sminkeypinkey]

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 04:52 AM
link   
Jagshamash! wahwahweewah

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 11:00 PM
link   
For those of you interested:

Borat "owns" Pamela Anderson.

EDIT:

I also found this, which I called, 'Real Life Borat'

Who is want to come TURKEY I can invitate .....

She can stay my home ........

LMAO!

[edit on 20-1-2006 by xeroxed88]

posted on Jan, 22 2006 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Sacha Baron Cohen is funny as hell as Ali G and Borat.

top topics

join