It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Rice Praises Israeli Leader, Slams Hamas

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Speaking at a US-Israeli symposium, US Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice, has praised Israeli PM Ariel Sharon for Israel's withdrawal from Gaza. Speaking of Sharon, Rice spoke with an usually personal tone when she said "President Bush and I admire your personal courage, your leadership and the crucial contribution to peace that you are making."

news.yahoo.com
JERUSALEM - Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice praised Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon for making the first move to pull Israeli troops and settlers out of the long-occupied
Gaza Strip.

Addressing Sharon at a U.S.-Israeli symposium Sunday, Rice struck an unusually personal tone, saying: "President Bush and I admire your personal courage, your leadership and the crucial contribution to peace that you are making."

The chief U.S. diplomat also had encouraging words for Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas, but added an indirect warning that he must do more to disarm and counter the militant group Hamas. The United States lists Hamas as a terrorist organization, but the group has recently developed a strong political wing that is a formidable opponent for Abbas.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Congratulations Sharon, it seems all you have to do to have lavish American praise heaped on you is to withdraw from other peoples land that you've occupied for decades. No mention of how the Israeli reprisals for the acts of terrorism are barbaric and disgusting.

Afterall the praise for Abbas was qualified with a caveat of 'you can do more to reign in the terrorists'. Maybe Rice should of added that Sharon and his IDF should probably stop making it hard for Palestinian police to do their job.

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 06:28 AM
link   
I say just nuke both sides because neither of them will be happy untill the other is destroied

Ok, that was sarcasim better clear that up before i get flamed...

[edit on 14-11-2005 by mrjones]

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by subz
No mention of how the Israeli reprisals for the
acts of terrorism are barbaric and disgusting.

Because they aren't barbaric and disgusting.

Considering that Israel is a NUCLEAR country .... they have
shown great restraint when dealing with the uncivilized
terrorists and the regimes that support them. Those
terrorists and regimes have called for Israel to be wiped
out of exhistance. Israel responds without using their
nuclear option - which considering the fact that the
idiots over there have said they won't stop until Israel
is gone - the restraint of Israel is to be commended.

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 06:53 AM
link   
You have voted FlyersFan for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have used all of your votes for this month.

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Hey Flyers Fan:

Do you call Israel's use of German and American made chemical weapons and nerve gas used against the Palestinians in Jenin and Ramallah in April of 2002 "restraint"? (According to the report of the Human Rights Watch HRW, over half of the 52 Palestinians killed in Jenin were civilians)

Do you call the Israeli's Murder by Double Bulldozing (yes, the IDF momma's boy ran her over and then put the American Made Caterpillar IN REVERSE and backed over her while she was screaming) of the American Activist Rachel Corrie of Olympia Washington on March 16 2003 "restraint"?

Would you call the heinous Sabra & Shatilla massacres (over 3600 dead, mainly civilians including women and children) "restraint"?

Do you call the fully conscious and deliberate Israeli Airforce firebombing of the USS Liberty in June of 1967 ) which burned to death 43 American soldiers on the spot and gave 3rd degreee burns to 119 more Americans many of which died of their wounds shortly afterwards) "restraint"? Newsflash: the FireBombing of the USS Liberty was NO accident.

Would you call Deir Yassin "restraint"?

I suppose you would call the outright genocidal and extermination policies of "the holy Torah of Moses" in Deut chapter 7 or chapter 13 or chapter 20 in (or that genocidal book of Joshua, penned by the same group: e.g. "exterminate them all, leave nothing breathing..." ) "restraint"...

If you don't think these wormeaten racist documents are in any way relevant to modern "Israel", then riddle me this: why are these vicious "sacred" documents sometimes laid open on the tables of the Knesset for all to see during modern day "parliamentary" sessions by the religious right wing elements of Likkud in the "Jewish State" of Israel?

[edit on 14-11-2005 by NEOAMADEUS]

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Congratulations Sharon, it seems all you have to do to have lavish American praise heaped on you is to withdraw from other peoples land that you've occupied for decades. No mention of how the Israeli reprisals for the acts of terrorism are barbaric and disgusting.

Again subz, your disdain for Israel as well as your disregard for history is apparent.

The Israeli people have been there just as long or longer than the Palestinians have, that first.

Second, Israel got their lands by right of war, just like most Arab nations and pretty much every nation in the world. The Palestinian authorities have always tried to destroy Israel and all it's people, yet people like yourself keep proclaiming that Israel is the one to blame....

BTW, if you are sugesting that Israel should let terrorists run rampart and do what they want in peace, like continue killing Israelis you must be joking. Although I don't see why you would be joking since this is no laughing matter.

Afterall the praise for Abbas was qualified with a caveat of 'you can do more to reign in the terrorists'. Maybe Rice should of added that Sharon and his IDF should probably stop making it hard for Palestinian police to do their job.

When you say that Israel should stop making it harder for Palestinian police to do their job, are you referring to what Palestinian policemen and soldiers were doing when Arafat died?....shooting straight in the air and hitting their own people?....

Yep, Palestinian police officers and soldiers seem to be very concerned for the lives of their own people...and some wonder why they have so much hatred towards those they call their enemies.... With friends like those Palestinian police officers and soldiers who were hitting their own people, who needs enemies huh?

Both sides have caused a lot of destruction against each other, that's what happen when nations are at war, and they are at war.

[edit on 14-11-2005 by Muaddib]

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 03:54 PM
link   
--NEOAMADEUS

Yes.

Let's blame all the religions of the world for all the problems of the world.

Let's not blame the people who twist the religions to their own ill interests.

Excellent.

I'm sure you've never said anything in anger that was detrimental to another individual...

Do you call the Israeli's Murder by Double Bulldozing...

Would you call the heinous Sabra & Shatilla massacres...

Do you call the fully conscious and deliberate Israeli Airforce...

I suppose you would call the outright genocidal and extermination policies...

If you don't think these wormeaten racist documents are in any way relevant to modern "Israel", then riddle me this: why are these vicious "sacred" documents sometimes laid open on the tables of the Knesset for all to see during modern day "parliamentary" sessions by the religious right wing elements of Likkud in the "Jewish State" of Israel?

And, of course, you're not at all biased.

Shall we hear now about how it's okay to be biased when such wrongs have been done (supposedly one-sidedly)? Or will the argument be that the Israelites are wrong because of their religious affiliation...? What about the ever-present extremist views of Hamas... Let's ignore them. Their actions are completely justifiable.

Or perhaps your argument will be that they're all bad. All religions, and those that follow them, are evil due to the actions of a few that use religion as a mystically irrefutable crutch.

Whether it's your intention or not, you do the ACLU proud.

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by NEOAMADEUS
Do you call the Israeli's Murder by Double Bulldozing of the American
Activist Rachel Corrie of Olympia Washington on March 16 2003 "restraint"?

Israel didn't murder her. She was an idiot that ran to the opposite
end of the planet, went straight into hostilities, sat in front of a
bulldozer, and egotistically expected the world to stop because
SHE was there.

As far as the rest of your ... uh ... stuff. With the exception of the
USS Liberty information .. it's bunk.

And YES .. Israel is showing remarkable restraint. It's a NUCLEAR
country being threatened with extinction by idiotic fanatical countries
in the general area.

If I were being threatened with death .. I'd sure as shooting hit
that person before they could kill me. Instead .. Israel just sits
there 'talking' to groups like Hamas who refuse to talk .. instead
Hamas and the others have temper tantrums like a bunch of
two year olds who can't get their favorite flavor lollypop.

with Israel (and it's restraint)
with Hamas (and it's ignorance)

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 06:09 PM
link   
I see no reason for praising Sharon for giving land that rightfully belongs to the Israelis who were removed.
He doesn't deserve a pat on the back for giving the murderers a reason to think their tactics are gain results?

Sorry, I can't think of a reason to gladhand him.

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 06:13 PM
link   
I fully agree with ya' on that Thomas Crowne.

It's just amazing to me that people spew anti-Israel
venom and yet they 'forget' about the nuclear element.

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Congratulations Sharon, it seems all you have to do to have lavish American praise heaped on you is to withdraw from other peoples land that you've occupied for decades.

As such, the Palestinians have done what to curb their appetite for further suicide bombings in exchange for land-for-peace?

No mention of how the Israeli reprisals for the acts of terrorism are barbaric and disgusting.

Excuse me, but the very act of Palestinian continued terrorism is "barbaric and disgusting". No recognition of that by you, huh?

Afterall the praise for Abbas was qualified with a caveat of 'you can do more to reign in the terrorists'.

And your saying that the PLO and Abbas cannot do more to reign in acts of Palestinian terrorism? Hence Mr. Abbas, "you can do more to reign in terrorists"!

Maybe Rice should of added that Sharon and his IDF should probably stop making it hard for Palestinian police to do their job.

No, Rice asserted correctly, subz.
Peace is a two way street, and if Israel is doing its part, Palestine and Abbas are doing their part where, exactly?

seekerof

join