It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Annoying comic book ads

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2005 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Ok i normally buy the comic annuals that have the whole saga of the story instead of the individual parts like there is in single comics but yesterday i went and bought a comic from the newsagents because i was bored and wanted something to read.
i was suprised at the price $5.50 for a 40 page comic it didn't really matter i just thought it was a bit of a steep price
so i get the comic home and started reading it when i became extremely annoyed at the fact that every second page had a full size advertisement on it.
I payed $5 for a comic not a piece of advertisement

How can the publishers do this it annoys me so much!!
:bnghd::bash:

posted on Nov, 13 2005 @ 03:47 AM
link   
Ugg, it is horrible really.
Marvel comics produce 32 page comics with 10 pages of ads.
With DC it's 48 pages and 26 ads.

Crazy huh?

I'm not saying buy Marvel for less ads. Even the Marvel ad ratio seems too much.

posted on Nov, 13 2005 @ 03:17 PM
link   
It certainly has increased in number.

Used to be maximum two or three add pages.

I understand though they need the advertising to cover the costs involved, other wise they would have to go back to the black and white issues of old.

I just wish they would post them together at the end so you can choose to look at them if you are interested.

I was also sorry to see that the United States Army was advertising in kids comics.

They have a right to advertise where they like but I just thought it's sad when you think the only advertisments we used to see were things like cracker jacks etc.

The world keeps changing.

[edit on 13-11-2005 by Grimholt]

new topics

join