It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Orb? Beats me. Video Forthcoming.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Two days ago, a strange white orb suddenly started showing up at night on my patio/backdoor video surveillance camera. The camera is in infrared mode at night, and one cannot see the orb visually just looking outside. Perhaps
its merely a reflection, and I would like the talented video people here to have a look. While I have never discounted orbs, they are not particularly one of my areas of interest. Scientists must always have an open mind. I am now at work in the central time zone of the U.S.. It would be awkward to post the video right now while trying to work, plus I have a better
computer at home than here. I may need some help posting the video as I have never put one here before, and have no way to host it either. It is just under 7MB in length. If anyone can help, let me know. I'll be home in about 2 1/2 hours.

Regards,

Glenn

[edit on 11-11-2005 by TheAvenger]

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 03:25 PM
link   
looking forward to the video

As far as hosting the file, you can put it on www.sendfile.com

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I couldn't get the www.sendfile to work for me. I will be happy to email this file to anyone. Perhaps someone can assist making it available here. The other problem is that like most surveillance systems, one must have the indeo codec in order to watch the video. The download at www.free-codecs.com... worked fine for my work computer. I'm sure many other sites have a free download for it as well.

I have looked at other orbs on the web, but found none as large as mine recorded. The orb is now gone, but I have HOURS of it recorded on my computer, whatever it is. Perhaps someone can logically explain it, and we can blow it off. I will stake my professional reputation that these videos are as recorded and are not a hoax or joke.

I'm a pretty damned good chemist. Sorry my computer skills are lacking.

Regards,

Glenn

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 04:16 PM
link   
At last, a link to my video. I got it hosted on Google video:

video.google.com

Comments appreciated.

Glenn

[edit on 14-11-2005 by TheAvenger]

mod edit to shorten link

[edit on 14-11-2005 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Dunno, it seems quite a weird orb to me, although i can't find another way to explain it.

What doesn't fully convince me is the fact that, if you look at the orb carefully, you can see some kinda black "spot" inside it, as if it has a hole or a stain, or something like that... and, as far as i know, orbs are full "balls" of light, without holes or spots of any kind...

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I have to say it is nice not to see an orb not created by a still camera and some dust.

I'm not sure what were are seeing. I do know that infrared can see some funny things when there is another infrared device near by.

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Yes, it has a hole in the middle, strange. There is no other IR source anywhere near the camera. I can only say that the video is real; I have 6 unedited hours of it. Also, whatever it was is gone, I have not seen it again.

Regards,

Glenn

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 05:08 PM
link   
As a matter of fact, trying to be the as more skeptical as i can, i can't still figure another explanation.

Dust? No it can't be, its motion is too narrow and repetitive. So i thought of some kinda grain, attached to some kind of hair, and moved by the cooling fans of the camera. Still, there's no hair, this "orb" seems to be really floating around.

So, all i can come up with is: either someone has digitally edited the tape adding this orb, or this orb is real... But still, can't find an explanation for that black spot in the center of the orb...

Puzzling, really puzzling

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 05:21 PM
link   
I challenge anyone to prove that this is not a genuine recording. On my honor as a scientist, Its real. May yet have a logical explaination, I hope.

Glenn

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 05:28 PM
link   
This is one of the first things I've found looking around on the net.

Infra Red Video

* We use video cameras that have Infrared capability .
* We believe this helps us see the energy emitted by spirits. This energy seems to reside in a different light spectrum.
* How this works:

An Infrared beam is emitted off of the camera. This is reflected off of the spirit energy and bounced back to the video camera lens.
* Observations:

We have noticed that this spirit energy is aware of this Infrared light even though we cannot see it.

Case and point:

While investigating a mausoleum we observed through an Infrared video camera a fairly large ORB exiting a vault that holds bodies in the wall. This ORB came out of the vault and floated past another member standing in front of the camera. It floated in front of the camera for about two seconds until we turned the Infrared beam on. It then shot off to the right of the camera. Thus showing it was aware of this beam.

From www.ghostpix.com

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Has anybody considered that it could be light from a torch shone onto the wall from out of the camera's view???

If you watch closely enough, especially when the "orb" moves rapidly, you can make out a light trail leading up to it. (Like if you were to use a torch in the fog, you'd see a beam of light leading towards where you're shining it??)

I'd suggest upping your security dude, you might have a case of the midnight burglars!!!

EDIT: Oh, and the black spot??? That would be where the bulb is positioned. Try shining a torch on a wall in the dark, you'd get the same effect

[edit on 14/11/2005 by redize]

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 08:17 PM
link   
It would be a very determined thief/prankster who would shine a flashight (as we commonly call a torch here in the U.S.) for over 5 hours. My wife, our 26 year old daughter and myself all saw this "object"on the security monitor. When we went outside, we could see nothing, no light of any kind at all. The viewer inside could see the persons outside and the orb. My back porch is covered and the yard has a six foot stockade fence around it. Again, this occurred for hours and has multiple witnesses whose standing in the community is beyond reproach. I had never seen it before November 9, and have not seen it again since.

Regards,

Glenn

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Would a flash light even show up on infrared?

May I recommend an experiment?

Take your T.V. remote and push it's buttons around the area where the camera is. Just to see what effect it has. I don't know what it will look like but if it looks similar to your orb then we will be closer to solving this mystery.

I was also wonder how long you have had this infrared camera.

[edit on 14/11/2005 by Umbrax]

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Umbrax
Would a flash light even show up on infrared?

Probably, if it is an incandescent bulb (as most torches are).

Incandescent light sources emit thermal radiation in the infrared wavelength (among others). See also Thermography and Infrared.

- McGrude

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Hello, Umbrax:

I sent my wife out with the remote as you suggested. You could see it flashing as she activated it, but it barely glowed at all, you wouldn't see it at all without looking directly at the end where the IR comes out. We tried a flashight also. it shined, but looked nothing like the recording. As previously mentioned, we saw no visible light during the security recording.
I have had this security camera, use it everyday, for over 3 months.

Regards,

Glenn

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Uhm, dunno if that could be a flashlight, for 3 reasons:

1- In order to have such precise boundaries of the light on the wall, the torch should be placed rather close to it. From the footage we can see there's nothing near in several feet, so we can assume that the person holding the torch should be at at least 6 feet from the "orb". If it were a flashlight, wouldn't the light be more diffuse and widespread?
2- Shouldn't we be able to see not only the light on the wall, but also the light beam from the wall to its source?
3- The door and the brick wall seem to be some feet behind the white ceiling we can see in the upper part of the screen. Sometimes, the orb seems to be half on the ceiling and half on the wall. And its shape remains unchanged. Were it a flashlight, shouldn't we see the half on the wall bigger than the half on the ceiling (since the wall seems farther from the camera)?

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Good points. Also the object does not seem to change whether its on the window or the aluminum siding above it. We would even expect a reflection to differ on the different surfaces, but it does not change, nor is any light relected in the 2 large panes of glass of the window.

Regards,

Glenn

posted on Nov, 15 2005 @ 07:24 AM
link   
The first thing I thought was a flashlight or keychain light and it seems to stay in the upper right area of the screen?? I've seen light like that on my ceiling above a house lamp. Looks familiar. But it is kinda strange that you see no bleam leading to it at all....

[edit on 15-11-2005 by librasleep]

posted on Nov, 15 2005 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Not a torch (flashlight) for the reasons listed (they cant see it, and it is very solid circle)
not dust

not a ghost (IMO) due to its staying in same zone always, even when the person went outside.

My first thought was a IR device that was getting reflected of siding or other reflective surface.

to get to the bottom of it (if you can get it to come back) build a matte finish shadow box, that you put around the camera. this will help exclude reflections and other light contaminations.
then shake the tree or pole this camera is mounted on. see if it affect the movement of the orb.

this is all a little too late, as this issue seems to have resolved itself...
My guess is that it is/was a reflection from a leaf, puddle or other reflective surface, of a neighbors IR device...
reason: it seems to shimmy like a normal light reflection in daytime. it blinks off sometimes, as if it passes out of the reflection point.
it does not seem to move with any conscious thought (doesn't react to environment)
as well as the obvious dark spot in the middle, that looks a little too much like an imperfect focal point of a LED bulb.
if you have a video camera with "night shot", go roaming around your house looking for IR pollution... you might be surprised at the source.

one other question... any reason to think someone would be spying on you? this could also be what it looks like for a far off night shot "spotlight" but if someone was zooming a camera shot, then it would be a little unsteady... as it was in the picture... the only problem with this theory, is that why would they be interested in your roof/ storm guttering?

also, it is probably a reflection/lightsource that is hitting the lens directly, not reflecting off the siding/roof. for the reasons already listed... just looks that way... in other words... it is a really tiny amount of light...

posted on Nov, 15 2005 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Very good analysis. Likely closer to the truth than a paranormal scenario.
Nevertheless, a unique and interesting phenomenon whatever the cause.

Regards,

Glenn

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join