It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

POLITICS: Senate Bars Detainees From Filing Lawsuits

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2005 @ 08:51 AM
link   
The censor might take a few minutes to kick in but I assure you it's there. If you dont believe me give it a try for yourself, what do you have to fear about being wrong? You really are a petty individual.

posted on Nov, 16 2005 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by subz
The censor might take a few minutes to kick in but I assure you it's there. If you dont believe me give it a try for yourself, what do you have to fear about being wrong? You really are a petty individual.

Again I ask you to stay on Topic and kindly refrain from personal attacks

Thank you

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Just ran across this, which seemed relevant to this topic:
No Terrorist Lawsuits

seekerof

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Where does this notion of a duty to be just and humane to people trying to kill us come from exactly?

You're are poking fun here, no? Exactly who are these people and exactly how do you expect to win a "war" by detaining suspects that have obviously been detained without any substantial evidence to thier purpose in criminality. This bill accrues regression from fair justice, regardless of who is being detained; American or foriegn.

I'll continue this when I get back.

Luxifero

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Luxifero
....by detaining suspects that have obviously been detained without any substantial evidence to thier purpose in criminality. This bill accrues regression from fair justice, regardless of who is being detained; American or foriegn.

You were where when POWs and enemy combatants were being held during most past wars and conflicts? Did they have "substantial evidence to their purpose in criminality" when they were detained till the war or conflict ended? Placing this within a historical context, "fair justice" is nothing more than being treated humanely. "This bill" is no more faulty or controversial than a soldier being caught in war or conflict and then labeled POW or enemy combatant, while being detained in a concentration or POW camp till the end of a war or conflict. Furthermore, those currently being detained are not "suspects". If any thing at all, most were caught fighting against the Coalition forces in Afghanistan and Iraq, thus them being correctly labeled POWs and/or enemy combatants....not "suspects."

seekerof

[edit on 17-11-2005 by Seekerof]

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join