It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

As my first thread... a question

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2005 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I've been going to this site for a while and reading the forums and threads but i never really participate because i don't have any much of anything new to add or say. However, the past year has been kinda awkward. I find myself more and more jumpy and I'm quite afraid of the dark. I've always had a kind of anxiety when in the dark, but never the one that i have now.
Now I think i should explain that I'm not afraid of the dark at all times... and it will hit out of no where. I'll just get really really anxious and get a "i gotta get inside!" or "hurry!!" feeling at times. The first time i noticed the change was when i was at my boyfriends house one night. He had told me that his room and halll around it is haunted. (he sees dark figures and hears thing and objects move) Although I didn't see anything I still felt very jumpy in that hallway. In another room i was totally fine though. Other times i'll be coming home from work and I'll hurry to get inside so I can turn the light on or something. Last night I shut my closet door for no reason other than the feeling that I should.
I've also started sleeping on my stomach or on my side facing away from the res tof the room.
I'm not sure if I'm just more jumpy or if i'm actually afraid for a reason...

Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated. and again this forum has been a place of interest for me for about 2 years now.

[edit on 10-11-2005 by GameTranscender]

posted on Nov, 10 2005 @ 08:54 PM
link   
First of all, welcome to ATS
I'm glad you finally decided to join, so you can post. I know from the begining, I thought I had little to say, but the feeling wore off soon enough

As far as your jumpy nerves, has there been any signs, noises, visitations or any other physical manifestation at all?
Do you get chills, or the arm stand up on your neck?
Or is it just a general feeling of unease?

posted on Nov, 10 2005 @ 09:09 PM
link   
sometimes it will be sparked by seeing something in my peripheral. but most of the time its just unease.

posted on Nov, 10 2005 @ 11:02 PM
link   
If what you are feeling are sprits just remember that the more you fear you give off the more "power" they have. They can't do anything to you unless you let them. Their is nothing to fear. Just use the love of God aganist them.

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 10:03 AM
link   
It also may just be from getting older and being more wary. The more I think about things, the jumpier I get. I used to be ALOT more brave when I was younger, and now, things scare me and make me cautious much more quickly

new topics

top topics

join