It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Research GATHERING Thread!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2005 @ 12:26 PM
link   
With all of the rhetoric of global warming, and how everyone seems to have their own belief on what is truly happening with the environment, I would like to see a research group who's sole purpose is to show 2 things.

One of them being how many many times in geological history that the levels of GHG (Green House Gasses) were actually many times higher than at current levels at a time when human influence was not an issue.

Two being, given the ability to prove number 1, what are the most likely scenarios for earth change based on paleoclimatological records to date? Are we headed toward another Ice age? Will there be little or no change?
Will the changes be advantageous or catastrophic to mankind?

Edit for spelling correction

[edit on 25-11-2005 by alphabetaone]

posted on Nov, 25 2005 @ 06:20 PM
link   
What a great idea, wouldn't be interested in being TL (team leader), would you?
No problem if not, just wondering, as it is sort of tradition around here, sort of.

Well, for the rest of you (as in members), this projct has a go from me as soon as there are enough serious members organised. Any one who is able to allocate the time, please familiarize yourself with the threads that have "green arrows" by them (topped threads) of the research forum.

posted on Nov, 25 2005 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by ADVISOR
What a great idea, wouldn't be interested in being TL (team leader), would you?

Actually I would be very interested. This is a topic that I have dedicated a lot of my spare time to. The scope of this type of research is EXTREMELY broad with many variables and considerations. That being said anyone who would seriously like to actually see this happen and partake in the research should be aware that some of the categories that would be highlighted include:

Research of the NAO (North Atlantic Oscillation)
Research of Argo Data Buoy Trends
Research of Ongoing Oceanic Volcanism and its Correlation to Oceanic warming trends
Research of ENSO (El Nino Southern OScillation)
Research of Polar Cap Melt Rates / Precipitation Rates / Fresh Water Run-Off and their effects on the Thermosalinity of the Worlds Oceans
Research of Ice Core Samples and their climatological records

These are just a few off the top of my head that doesnt necessarily touch the surface of the variables needed to undertake a category such as this..but if there is enough interest, and enough people with the wearwithal to continue on going research, I certainly would love to spearhead a project of this nature

Alphabetaone

posted on Nov, 26 2005 @ 06:09 AM
link   
Okay, everyone who has received a scholar status for the Reptillian thread please report here?

I'd like to start! this thing has been static for too long.

posted on Feb, 26 2006 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Some of you have a new u2u, the rest of you havn't gotten into trouble, yet.

Alright, I have fallen behind a tad, and just got caught up on this along with other stuff. With the ideas and acceptance shown in this thread, a new thread has been born in the research forum.

The General collaborative brainstorming thread is now open for all of you scholars to freely mingle about your studies.

In addition to this, activity in the new thread will count towards members and projects staying current. This is to encourage open collaboration, but is not intended to replace actual project updates.

posted on May, 14 2006 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Greetings all, i hope and wish u all well.

I am extremely interested in both the National Security Agency and the whole of the space program, The NSA greatly interests me and recently i have been doing some research on them.
I am also interested in the space program ranging from government coverups of the subject to ufos and related subjects.
I have a thread running on the subject at current .
I would just like to add that ADVISOR has done a great job in organising this and i feel that it is most usefull.

Many thanks and Blessed Be

Omega85

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 05:03 PM
link   
this would be a longer term reseach project. but it would take a seriuos look at (U.S. and posibly expand to other goverments) goverment policy, conspiricy, and philosophy and why it is the way it is. why they chose to keep some thing from us. did we ever stop to think that if the genral public knew everything about the government that there might be riots, U.N. intervention, and other unpleasant side affects (maybe thats why information only comes out a little at a time... to perserve order) from all that info just gushing out. that why i'm sugesting this resreach project.

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Just a heads up so every one is aware and knows this is still and always will be available for those interested. Please feel free to posts comments, questions and other such as you feel free.

This is a thread for those who want, can get involved, even with out being in the research, directly.

posted on Dec, 27 2006 @ 06:56 PM
link   
hey im trying to get a research project together about Prolonging Human Life/Human Enhancment. (Basically how we can become Superhuman)
It would involve these subjects below:

1. DNA Modification
  2. Unlocking The Human Brain
  3. Cybernetics
  4. Nanotechonolgy
  5. Artifical Intelligence
  6. Biomechanics

Also other various subjects would be included.

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 06:19 AM
link   
reply to post by ConfederacyOfUnity

This is a fascinating subject! Being an Evangelion fan, I have been indoctrinated to the basic ideals of Artificial Human Instrumentality and would love to be part of the team if you feel that I would be of use. Could you use someone with background in IT/Networking/Informatics?

Cheers,
Brent

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by LiquidationOfDiscrepancy

i definitely like future society/mankind research idea has this been started yet? if so im definitely in on the idead and contributing what i can.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join