It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Research GATHERING Thread!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2005 @ 07:53 PM
link   
This thread is for everyone who would like to join in on the meeting. Not all members are able to use chat, so this open forum thread is where we will be exchanging ideas.
Also, this thread should follow the topic of;

...an exchange of ideas, and collaborative interests shall be discussed...
It is essential for everyone of the research forum and members not scholars or yet to be, offer any and all ideas or comments.

With that typed up as a reminder, let the meeting begin. You all now have the stage.

See original thread, for full details.

posted on Nov, 10 2005 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Glad this is up. I have thought of a new idea and a project that will fall under something that is more powerful than a level 4,,it is an unlisted number, a level 5. I am going to contribute to a project called: "The Missing Seven Books of The Catholic Church".. I will not get started on this until early early 2006. If anybody would like to help me contribute to this project please U2U me. And please, before you think about U2Uing me, read this to make sure you know what a level 4 is: www.abovetopsecret.com... . Make sure you know what your getting into. This project will last at least 3-4 months.

[edit on 11/10/0505 by brodband]

posted on Nov, 10 2005 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Thanks advisor.

I have tons of stuff to post on my research threads - but it needs some organizing and culling. At the same time, I am pulling from references I already posted as background research for my articles and podcasts. ...I keep thinking the synthesis is just around the corner, and it is, but there is SO much to do on the various bits and parts, or "chapters." Much as I prefer to leap straight to the conclusions.

posted on Nov, 10 2005 @ 10:21 PM
link   
i'm sorry for the confusion, advisor...
somehow i ended up here assuming this was the thread for the scholar gathering?

well... i've posted a few ideas there,
it seems that there are (or may be?) at least three different threads for scholars to gather in (???)...
this one, the original (which you linked) and brodband's (which i link to above)....

a definitive THIS IS THE THREAD TO PLAY IN may be in order!! LOL

just let us all know which one!!

~amithyzt

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Well here's something to hang on the door for now.
This should get some attention, unless your colorblind.

The weatherman checking in here.

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 08:32 AM
link   
I was part of a research team that ran out of steam and fell by the wayside.

I think one of the things that was lacking was enthusiasm.
Team members started out posting their assigned information. But, without much feedback from the project leader, enthusiasm waned. And, eventually, research died out completely.

These projects need the leader and maybe another to help keep the project going. The projects need a sense of direction.
I think people have good intentions about doing research, but lose interest without guidance from the project author(s).

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Well I don't know if this has been doen but I think it would be good to research all the secret US military bases overseas, try get a run down of what each does.

Included in the list would be the "antenna" project, that used to be known to me as the omega project or the "earth grid'

This subject came up when Nventual posted google map images of a secret us base in western australia. It turned out that all current maps had nothing on it but someone found a hard copy 1980 map where it said it was a us naval installation of sorts that fitted in with the grid system. I just think it would be good to have it all listed in the one spot with some info on each one.

It may require information gathering offline

My theory is that history is being changed with the Internet. Information on the net is different to old books I have here. I think the net is being used as a source of disinformation.

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Awsome input everyone, that is exactly what we need to discuss. I have corrected the incorrect link I sent out. So the others should be getting a post out soon enough.

Thankyou all for jumping right in, I hope to be able to read more, and not just from those I u2ued, but from any one who may want to do so.

Let the bull session continue.

[edit on 11-11-2005 by ADVISOR]

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I would like to second Mayet's thoghts that there should be a motivated team to investigate overseas secret bases. I know of one (including military web portal) that in the Virgin Islands.
will not post link here due to a tracker program that the site uses.

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Greetings!

Souljah Reporting for Research Duty.

This is my first time, so please be Gentle!

Anyway, I think Mayer gave a good idea bout US military bases - Im with you on that one!

posted on Nov, 12 2005 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Well,this will work a little better than the make-shift thread I made under the aliens forum.

I'll redirect them to here.

posted on Nov, 12 2005 @ 12:39 PM
link   
First of all, I would like to apologize for my tardiness as well as for my very limited participation in recent history. I have had difficulty keeping an allotted schedule on the whole and the internet was the easiest sacrifice........

That said....

Originally posted by DontTreadOnMe
I think one of the things that was lacking was enthusiasm.
Team members started out posting their assigned information. But, without much feedback from the project leader, enthusiasm waned. And, eventually, research died out completely.

These projects need the leader and maybe another to help keep the project going. The projects need a sense of direction.
I think people have good intentions about doing research, but lose interest without guidance from the project author(s).

I think that Don'tTreadOnMe is right on the money here, and I would like to see more discussion centered in this area. The problem with the research forum isn't a lack of topics, or even interesting ones. The problem is in the collaborative efforts of the scholars( of which I too am guilty); the conflicting schedules and even the motivations of some well meaning people who want to be a part of a project but do not well understand how best to obtain and interpret information......for whatever reason. Not pointing fingers, as much as trying to suggest that we should work on a scheduled, consisitent transfering of thoughts and ideas that extend beyond the project thread. u2u's could be utilized, sure, but I wouldn't mind having a place where basic collaboration and editing/critiquing of project members information prior to the actual posting on the thread proper. This would allow for a more fluid thread that, for all intents and purposes, should contain the concise, detailed pieces of actual evidence, or even strong points of conjecture. Kind of having a space to brainstorm and collect ideas pertinent to a given project between members free from a public setting where the research becomes the conversation...in order to produce the ideas and thoughts that will utimately make-up the end product...with the full participation of each member in given project to all posts. rather than just their own contributions......

The point here is to allow for more detailed participation...as well as to encourage a broader understanding within the project. Such rudimentary collaborations are where ideas and direction are created and focalized.....allowing for specific collections of data.

The answer could be as simple as including within the Research Forum policy a suggestion to encourage more private communications with team members. Or perhaps I am overcomplicating what I would consider to be a given....but dedication to each project member and the project as a whole need not necassarily be measured in consistent postings......rather a detailed, concise presentations that truly was a collaboration. The onus would be on the project leader to ensure that reminders be presented, ideas are communicated between members and an 'on-task' mentality' is purveyed throughout the course of a project........

Support for the Research Forum must come from within...from the scholars.

Miscellaneous Idea: Maybe a fronted thread that works out and offers helpful suggestions for scholars to communicate more thoroughly.....kind of a basic outline for group collaboration techniques and so forth. After all.....a project is only as valid as the communication between it's member's. Otherwise, it's just another thread collecting thematic thoughts without direction, without a centered goal......

Just my two cents.......
MemoryShock

posted on Nov, 19 2005 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Hello Advisor, I am here at the behest of ground_zero regarding participation in the reptilian research project. Though I've sent you a U2U I suspect you are quite busy and have not yet come across it.

I stand ready to offer my assistance by means of contributions to the project.

posted on Nov, 20 2005 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Hello Advisor

MY main question to you is, can I could become a researcher, and start a new researching topic of my interest?

My research topic would try to find out if our society can become a technological singularity? What this means is, will our society become so advanced that man will use nanotechnology, biotechnology, and neurotechnology to become posthumans, or "superhumans"?

In this research project I want to define these certain terms, for background knowledge for all researchers to know and understand, I will define some of these terms in the topic, while we research and define the other terms ourselves:

-Transhumanism
-Posthumanism
-Super Intelligent
-AI
-Nanotechnology
-Neurotechnology
-Biotechnology
-Nanobombs
-Neurochips
-Mind Uploading/ Downloading
-Bioethics

Ect.

Some of the ?'s I want to pose are

What defines our species as human beings besides the biological and physical aspect?

What defines super intelligent?

What is Posthumanism?

What are pros and cons of this singularity
Can we avoid singularity?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

It is very late so forgive me for not going on in detail of this research topic.

This gives you an idea of what I would like to research.
Please u2u me back if you would OK. this and if you'd let me become a scholar.

I can't wait to hear from you.

P.S. I just sent you a u2u with these questions in it.
I posted this on the board to see if others would be interested in this research.

posted on Nov, 20 2005 @ 12:13 AM
link   
If anybody has any requests to become a researcher, please U2U me or ADVISOR about it. I believe he is busy so for the time being, U2U me, I will keep you saved. Thanks, brodband

posted on Nov, 20 2005 @ 12:14 AM
link   
i'd be honoured to participate in a research project.

i must say, i think LoD has a great idea for a research project, i volunteer my services in that one LoD!

--Kit.

posted on Nov, 20 2005 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Just send me a U2U, I will get with ADVISOR about it. This board is open up for RESEARCH idea discussion only. Please to not "request" to be a scholar in here. U2U either ADVISOR on that, or feel free to ask me any questions, thanks.

Sincerely,
Your friendly ATS DISC Councilor

[edit on 11/20/0505 by brodband]

posted on Nov, 20 2005 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by brodband
Just send me a U2U, I will get with ADVISOR about it. This board is open up for RESEARCH discussion only. Please to not "request" to be a scholar in here. U2U me, thanks.

Sincerely,
Your friendly ATS DISC Councilor
[edit on 11/20/0505 by brodband]

Sorry about that Brod, I sent you a u2u.
If anyone would be interested in this project, please let me know.

posted on Nov, 25 2005 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Hello Advisor, with regard to reptilian research, I will be taking the point regarding how many types of reptilians are suspected of being in our space/time. My area of corroboration will relvolve around and man who contends he was part of a NBC (Nuclear Biological Containment/Cleanup) team. During his tenure with the army he was involved in artifact recovery and field exploitation of such artifacts for the US DoD. While in the field he was introduced to a booklet scribed by the DoD to insure accurate field data in an effort to develop an "intelligence product" for the intelligence segment it was to be sent on to. The booklet, known as a Field Intelligence Packet", as of October 1987, had 57 photos and/or line drawings of 57 species known by the DoD to have visited earth at that time.

I will plumb how many - to the best of his recollection - were considered to fall within the reptilian definition. This should shed some light on either the fable of reptilians or, conversely, fact of reptilians. Moreover, I will ask about - from an anthropological perspective - what he recalls about the reptilian's physiology, abilities, and known agendas.

posted on Nov, 25 2005 @ 11:31 AM
link   
memory shock, your post spurred many ... oh, so many ideas... and i agree with you one hundred percent! not certain if this is possible, but perhaps one 'main' discussion thread (private to the members involved within the research on a particular topic) so that information can be distributed among the research members and feedback on its organization can be discussed without muddying up the research thread- suggestions could be offered and exchanged between all members rather than private u2u's so it keeps every member involved with what everyone else is doing.... i don't know if you can send 'group u2u's that reply to all (i've never even tried that).... but it seems the thread idea is better for 'keeping the research coherent and consistent within the group' whilst the 'final thread' is available for those who would like to read our findings... couldn't it be left to the team leader to gather all of our research (once completed) and make ONE VERY LARGE post with everyone's results combined? (just copy and paste from our discussion thread, or merge overlapping work where necessary?)

well, some of you may have clearer picture of how it happens (or doesn't happen) than i have... simply expanding on memoryshocks idea because i think it is a very good one...

~am

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join