It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The bioweapon is in the post office

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2005 @ 01:12 PM
link   
"YOU might think it would be difficult for a terrorist to obtain genes from the smallpox virus, or a similarly vicious pathogen. Well, it's not. Armed with a fake email address, a would-be bioterrorist could probably order the building blocks of a deadly biological weapon online, and receive them by post within weeks."

www.newscientist.com...

Let the fun and games begin. Bioweapons by mail order. What an idea!

posted on Nov, 10 2005 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I don't think it woul be quite that easy, at least I hope it isn't that easy.
Smallpox takes special handling, from what I understand, so it's not so easy to use as a WMD.

You know what would be more drastic? Infect a dozen or so suicide jerks with smallpox, and send them on international flights when they are contagious.

Ieeeeeeeee!!

posted on Nov, 10 2005 @ 05:06 PM
link   
I wonder when terorists start using such lame practices as dynamite and finally come to the next level - since the biggest threat is not that the companies did not, or screen only some sequences ordered, the main problem is, that if you create own viral sequence, it will pass these screenings

And then the fun could begin

It is kinda like computer viruses and antiviruses. The antiviruses know only these virs for sure, that was before encountered and their code is added to recognition. Mutating viruses are a problem.
Same problem pose creating a mutated version of such stuff, unfortunately.

But since far most "terrorists" attactks was carried out by secret services rather that desperate human beings, I believe the risc of hi-tech bio terorism is fairy small ATM. At least for Europe for sure. Not very sure for USA, since just yesterday I watched intersting collection of movies, how jews killing palestinians (not to mention things like breaking their bones with stones, buldozering their homes and stealing their land)...

And I just wonder, how much time it take, when they dig shrapnel fragment from face of their little child and on the fragment is made in USA, to show some revenge...

Islam must be pretty peacefull religion, that only sometimes they go and explote theirselfs out of desperation against the aggression and the rest of the world, that is for 50 years watching and the best it can do is issue a UN resolutions against Israel to not keep the lands they stole by war-like actions (res n. 242, IIRC), witch Israel ignore and no-one do a thing...

new topics

join