It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Toxic Fox's Flowtherm Work (Pics)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2005 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Well, I started using Flowtherm in my Thermal Design and Thermodynamics class. It's a pretty sweet program. This is an image from a modified tutorial involving two circuit boards with heated components inside of a box. I added a fan and a particle set to show the airflow, and the color on the boards indicate the surface temperature. (That little outtake fan drastically reduced the interior temperature of the box.)

I designed a computer case yesterday, but I ran into some problems that kinda' corrupted the project! I had a motherboard that itself generated 5 watts of heat, a Pentium 4 generating 75 watts of heat, and three drives generating 5 watts each. I had just an aluminium heatsink on the processor. You have to specify things like the materials you are using for all the components. I also should'a added a fan to the heatsink on the CPU, but I found without the heatsink the temperature skyrocketed to almost 500F, but with the heatsink it only got to 150-ish. I can believe this story about people who didn't plug in their cpu fan and managed to not just burn up the CPU but burn through the motherboard itself.

[edit on 10-11-2005 by Toxic Fox]

[edit on 10-11-2005 by Toxic Fox]

new topics

join