It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unknown 5 LB. 4 1/2" Silver Metallic Ball Discovered In Ground In Texas In 1973

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2005 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I modeled this ball and if the 4-1/2" diameter is correct and if the ball is solid then it should weigh this for the following materials:

stainless steel 13.45 lbs.
*carbon steel 13.45 lbs.
copper 15.34 lbs.
*cast iron 12.58 lbs.
nickle 14.65 lbs.
1060 aluminum 4.65 lbs.
magnesium alloy 2.93 lbs.
ABS 1.79 lbs.
Tungsten 32.751 lbs.
*Duranickle 14.14 lbs.
*Monel 15.17 lbs.

* magnetic

If the ball is solid I would be curious as to what it is made out of because I don't know of anything that a magnet will stick to that can be that light for that size.

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 01:48 AM
link   
The size of balls must be a really hot topic
, just a little joke!

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by CONZPIRACY
The size of balls must be a really hot topic
, just a little joke!

In your case very little.

I talked with a materials engineer this morning and he said that if he could get the ball he would try a hardness and acid test to try to identify the material without severely damaging the ball. He too is curious as to what it might be made of if the provided information is correct.

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Good grief, it looks like a lawn ornament from the 1960's.
It would look nice with a pink flamingo in the yard.
They are called "gazing balls"...

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 03:45 PM
link   
From the description given it seems too small and heavy to be one of those "gazing balls". All of the ones that I have seen are coated glass and at least 8 inches in diameter. This is supposed to be some kind of metal. Now that is IF the information given is accurate.

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 07:01 PM
link   
how far would something like that have to fall to create that kind of impact anyway

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Here, I can get to be a skeptic for once.
Reminds me of one of those silver balls on a stand in my neighbors front yard as an orniment. It really does. I think it's a fake. Some folks will just do anything to get the attention of C to C.

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Do a web search for "gazing balls". They currently are available in all sizes and materials. Glass is common and about the right weight if it was hollow.

I'm not considering magnetic properties, since this is described as magnetic material that won't attract a magnet. There is no such thing, on any planet.

posted on Nov, 12 2005 @ 12:26 AM
link   
the ball being so shiny and polished is very interesting. i wonder if they polished it after they dug it up. if it was used in somekind of machine as a valve or berring why would it be so shiny. i have never seen berring so shiny. i have seen polished alumium but if alumium was underground that long it would not be silvery anymore. also its too light to be solid stainless steel. also it to be burried like that it would either need to have been dropped from very high up or it must have been there for a very long time to be natrually buried unless somone put it there.

posted on Nov, 12 2005 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by CONZPIRACY
and is not magnetic however a magnet will stick to it, also it is cool to the touch. Anyone have any ideas what this could be? Might be extraterrestial.

www.coasttocoastam.com...

Aparently if this thing is for real a magnet will stick to it. Kind of leaves out the glass balls.

(Fixed quote)

[edit on 11/13/2005 by Amorymeltzer]

posted on Nov, 12 2005 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Well we can make several assumptions, like the ball didn't fall from the sky. If you think about it if a five pound metallic object fell from the ground, it would create some sort of crater or at least some disturbances around the ground it impacted, I'm not a geologist but the only way I could rule my idea out is if the ground was really soaked in rain, then only can the impact of the ball be less sever and even if there were damage, the mud or damp soil would just fill in the spaces.

posted on Nov, 13 2005 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by jaso109
the ball being so shiny and polished is very interesting. i wonder if they polished it after they dug it up. if it was used in somekind of machine as a valve or berring why would it be so shiny. i have never seen berring so shiny. i have seen polished alumium but if alumium was underground that long it would not be silvery anymore. also its too light to be solid stainless steel. also it to be burried like that it would either need to have been dropped from very high up or it must have been there for a very long time to be natrually buried unless somone put it there.

Ball bearings are pretty shiny, Im looking a bunch of used ones right now that I have sitting on my desk for some reason and they are still at a mirror finish.

Also, ball bearings are precision machined and are extremely smooth. They are made to carry loads with little to no resistance and operate in some pretty narly conditions. They look just like this thing. I've just never seen one so big

[edit on 13-11-2005 by PlausibleDeniability]

posted on Nov, 13 2005 @ 02:40 AM
link   
Hey, I lost that out of my garden! Now all I got is an empty pedestal!

posted on Nov, 13 2005 @ 03:30 PM
link   
It sure looks like an engineering object.
There is no reason to assume it's anything other than a terrestial object and
my only 'other' guess is that may belong to the 60's cartoon hero, Gigantau...
possibly a testi.

posted on Nov, 13 2005 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by pantha
The first thing that sprung to mind was a french boule ball, but it seems too big to be that , but there is an italian version of boule or Petanque (another name for boule) . This is called Bocce. The balls used for Bocce are 4 1/2 inches in diameter, so the size fits. It's just the weight that may not fit. Bocca balls are usually made from resin or wood,and are solid and weigh from what I've read about 2.2lbs approx (I think) , but I did find this picture of metal balls so I don't know if they are heavier or maybe the metal versions are hollow to give them the correct weight?

>>>>Perhaps a part of a BOCCE TROPHY????

posted on Nov, 13 2005 @ 06:47 PM
link   
ever seen the film "phantasm"

go watch it,

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 07:04 AM
link   
My main interest in this ball is if the properties are as described, what is it made out of? Every material, that fits the description, I know of would weigh much more than 5 lbs. I really don't care where it cane from, I just want to know what it is made out of.

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 08:30 AM
link   
That is what I saw about a year ago!!!

This is the Thread I wrote about it! I did alot of looking on the web about it but never saw this picture before

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 14-11-2005 by Intrested]

(mod edit to fix link and remove profanity from post. Please do not circumvent our censors)

[edit on 14-11-2005 by pantha]

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZPE StarPilot
I'm not considering magnetic properties, since this is described as magnetic material that won't attract a magnet. There is no such thing, on any planet.

Actually, it was described as "... not magnetic but, a magnet will stick to it...". Which isn't all that unusual. This property describes anything steel, like the front of a refrigerator or a car body.

Maybe it didn't fall from the sky. Maybe it worked its way up from underground. That is, maybe it was buried at some point.

Ever clear rocks from a farm field? It's not a one-time chore. Freeze/thaw cycles among other things will cause sizeable objects to work themselves up out of the ground.

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Interested was the orb you saw the same size and shape as the one found in the picture in Texas in '73? I wonder why they are spotted in chemtrails? Any theories on this?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join