It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Very Few of the Infinite Implications of Computers Outsmarting Humans in 40 Years

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2005 @ 01:35 AM
link   
1) We very definitely have to give a genus and species label to computers.

2) We vote for the computer as President.

3) We hope that they lower themselves to procreate with us lowly humans so that maybe we create children with more brainpower.

4) Since us humans created them before they created us we hope that they start creating us to exceed them so that our relative power oscillates.

5) Within the food chain, in order to survive, us humans have to in secret from the top computer install biotechnological computers in our brains to survive.

posted on Nov, 10 2005 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Sorry, was this meant to be a reply to Will Computers Outsmart Humans In 40 years?

posted on Nov, 10 2005 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by GreatTech
1) We very definitely have to give a genus and species label to computers.

Well I don't know about the Genius label as that is truely in the eye of the beholder as for personhood, if they start asking for it then by all means let them have it.

2) We vote for the computer as President.

I doubt that will happen in a Homo-Sapien dominated society ever, we are much too xeno-phobic.

3) We hope that they lower themselves to procreate with us lowly humans so that maybe we create children with more brainpower.

Umm I doubt they would procreate at all.

4) Since us humans created them before they created us we hope that they start creating us to exceed them so that our relative power oscillates.

I assume you are talking about them designing specialized implants and genetic mods to make us smarter and more aware etc etc? I believe it will turn out that way eventually.

5) Within the food chain, in order to survive,

They will not be in the food chain as they don't need to eat.

us humans have to in secret from the top computer install biotechnological computers in our brains to survive.

In secret? We will most likely have this technology before we create a self-aware AI. DARPA is already in planning stages of a memory enhancing neural-chip hopefully giving the soldier temporary photographic memory. The hardware is progressing many times faster then the software and that will continue until the breakthrough(of superinteligence) happens.

posted on Nov, 10 2005 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by GreatTech

Could you elaborate on that point? How exactly do you propose they will procreate and why would they want to? Also I believe Sardion gave a few good points on transhumanism in the other thread, we may not need thier sympathy.

posted on Nov, 10 2005 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Well, there's my favorite:

We stop. Who needs computers outsmarting us? Just make them more and more powerful, and more and more responsive. Who cares about smart?

top topics

join