It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Living in 'apocalyptic fear'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2003 @ 06:21 PM
link   
This is just how the Cabal wanted it to be....

The more scared the people are, the easier to assert increased control over our personal freedoms and privacy...

Thier plan is working to a T....

Americans more scared than ever
Polls take pulse on anniversary

TIM HARPER
WASHINGTON BUREAU

WASHINGTON�Two years on, the shock has dissipated, the memory is more distant, but the fear remains.

Poll after poll released on the eve of today's second anniversary of the terrorist strikes on New York and Washington find Americans more fearful and fatalistic than they were a year ago, when the need to honour the victims supplanted the recurring vision of another attack.

Everything else which spiked upward in the immediate aftermath of the Sept. 11, 2001 suicide hijackings � support for the government, a return to religion, even a trust of the media � has returned to pre-attack "normals."

"Everything but the `new normal,'" says Caroll Doherty of the Pew Research Centre. "The prevalent view in this country is that they can strike again, anywhere, anytime, and the government can't stop it.

"The apocalyptic fear is definitely here to stay, at least in the foreseeable future."

That fear returned yesterday when the Arabic television channel Al-Jazeera aired a video of Al Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden and his deputy Ayman al-Zawahri, who vows to "bury" American troops in Iraq.

www.thestar.com.../Layout/Article_PrintFriendly&c=Article&cid=1063231812753&call_pageid=968332188854

posted on Sep, 19 2003 @ 06:49 PM
link   
this "panic mode" a lot of people seem to be in utterly baffles me. kind of like the spike in post traumatic stress disorder after 9/11 among people who had nothing to do with it. people watched it on TV, knew no one that was involved, yet still thought they were on a battlefield. WTF? the odds are higher I'll cross the street and get hit by a bus or get shot in a mugging than be involved in a terrorist attack, yet people fear the terrorists more. it's just another risk we take by bothering to get out of bed in the morning, yet somehow people don't see it that way. I don't understand why.

posted on Sep, 19 2003 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I would have to agree - after years of living in in a "war zone" my experience is that most people get on with their lives.

posted on Sep, 19 2003 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I have been following HAARP activity for some time, which is suspected to be capable of affecting the Human Limbic system, and therefore the human emotions.

One of the theories that seems to be bourne out by observations of both the HAARP magnetometers and Elfrad is that the higher the HAARP output, the higher the general sense of unease and anxiety. This is of course useful in the buildup to such an attack to put the population on hairtrigger panic, so that when a suitable attack does take place, the population will panic and freeze, and will willingly surrender all last vestiges of self determination to the government.

posted on Sep, 19 2003 @ 07:09 PM
link   
We have careful with articles that claim to tell us what America is feeling. The Pew research centre is headed by Andrew Kohut, former President of The Gallup Organization. Polls are a great way to show us what we should be feeling, esp. when the statistical techniques are secret.

In polls, a lot of results are inferences drawn from arbitrarily interpreted data.

Look at this graph they show:

We are at the lowest point since 8/01. Where's the fear?

Who funds the Pew trust? Oh man. "The Trusts consist of seven individual charitable funds established between 1948 and 1979 by two sons and two daughters of Sun Oil Company founder Joseph N. Pew and his wife, Mary Anderson Pew." - www.pewtrusts.com...

Look at the questions they ask and the results: people-press.org...

note question Q.36, which is placed at the end of the questionnaire, after the subject has been "primed".

"The prevalent view in this country is that they can strike again, anywhere, anytime, and the government can't stop it." How can this conclusion be drawn from the data? This is bunk, in my eyes.

posted on Sep, 19 2003 @ 07:43 PM
link   
just some one tell me what a meterelogical experiment has to do with peoples thoughts - inquiring minds want to know

posted on Sep, 19 2003 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by MorningtonCrescent
this "panic mode" a lot of people seem to be in utterly baffles me. kind of like the spike in post traumatic stress disorder after 9/11 among people who had nothing to do with it. people watched it on TV, knew no one that was involved, yet still thought they were on a battlefield. WTF? the odds are higher I'll cross the street and get hit by a bus or get shot in a mugging than be involved in a terrorist attack, yet people fear the terrorists more. it's just another risk we take by bothering to get out of bed in the morning, yet somehow people don't see it that way. I don't understand why.

EXACTLY, I have posted something similar to this a few days ago. The people you have to thank for all the fear and # going on today in the states is the one and only global media (american based propaghanda) CNN, FOX, CBS, ABC

If you want real news withough propaghanda and withough so called "anylists" babbling about nothing but the past and so called terrorist bs then turn your tv to either

BBC, Austrailian, or Canadian News

Keep reading Michael Moore
He is the Laymans Genious

[Edited on 20-9-2003 by CPYKOmega]

posted on Sep, 20 2003 @ 08:59 AM
link   
what is better than death to release us from reality? i don't want to die yet, but i don't want to live forever.

i fear more what would happen to our government after such an attack, than what the attack would be. that is what we need to look out for and prevent. the executive orders that allow FEMA to take control must be made known to the people, and we must let the people decide what to do with them.

posted on Sep, 20 2003 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Those who are afraid are not awake or aware. If you just live your life as best you can, listen to intuition and don't involve yourself in activities that you know can have bad results, you will
be exactly where you are now. At home chillin'. I cannot see a justification for living in fear as it does nothing but ruin your day.
People have to change inside as individuals long before they should gripe or worry about the state of the world. If all the population of the world lined up single file and each person gave something of themselves to the person ahead with the front going to the back, the by-product would be universal happinesss throughout humanity. The more people focus on others, the less they are improving themselves. The golden rule and the serenity prayer are the keys I find to relax and reassure. The sins are also good to avoid and not just based on faith affiliation. The sins themselves are desires that can lead us. If we are free of desires
then we are stronger and better for it. The things you own, end up owning you. If you always lust or eat etc., you suffer. This is the truth ass recogized axiom universal. Fear is aspirant to anger and reactionary actions. Inner strength is peace, happiness and enlightenment. Fear is why a scared dog that has been hungry will often lash out at you in passing. We all saw Cujo.....

posted on Sep, 20 2003 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Silk
just some one tell me what a meterelogical experiment has to do with peoples thoughts - inquiring minds want to know

HAARP operates on the frequencies that overlap what the human brain is capable of recepting. It has been documented and proven that transmissions in these frequencies can have various mental effects, from a direct effect on the emotional state, all the way up to auditory and visual hallucinations.

There have been many reports of wide spread low level anxiety, fear, anger, and irritability, and can be correlated to observed HAARP transmissions. There are a number of members on this board who claim the ability to sense when HAARP is active through otherwise highly unusual migraines and other physical effects. When matched with HAARP magnetometer records, these incidents match very well.

Please feel free to do a site search for HAARP, there is a good deal of information on these effects.

posted on Sep, 20 2003 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Dragonrider

Ive read so much on HAARP over the past fews weeks, Ive got it coing out my...ears!

But being in here now and not being able to get on with things at home etc, I have been able to take in more information etc about HAARP and understand it more.

But (sorry)

I still need more?

blackwidow

posted on Sep, 21 2003 @ 08:21 PM
link   
There was one day i was in fear since 9/11. That was 9/11.

Thats because I had no clue what the # was going on and I lived near an airport. After that, fear subsided. i was even eager to jump on a plane because the prices went down so much, and hardly anyone was traveling.

I still am not afraid of terrorism hitting me personally.

Its the events surrounding the terrorism that worry me. What officals are up to. New legislation.

Im more worried about men Homeland security uniforms knocking on my door and dragging me away for soemthing I posted on the net than I am about Habib Muhammad Sharif driving a truck full of anthrax into the city water supply. I worry more about getting pulled aside and held by customs officals on my next trip to the UK for having suspected terrorist ties because I said things than I am about nukes and dirty bombs. because those are the immiediate threats. terrorism, unlikely. It can happen, probably will. But its a longer shot than govornment prying and harassment.

I dont understand why people are afraid either. maybe they should be in New york, after all, they have been hit by two terrorist attacks, and because they are considered the Zionist capitol, the financial center of the American economy, ect, they are a very high target.

Yet even people In New York are pretty calm about it. Why would someone in some po dunk town in Iowa be worried? Even media hype, hell, if I lived in some po dunk midwest town, I wouldnt give it a second thought. Terrorists are about as likely to blow up your corn silo as they are as likely to dance naked before the Israeli parliament. The US govornment is about as likely to stage a terror attack in a po dunk town as they are to one day have a press conference stating and confessing every one of thier crimes.

Panic all you like, its your right. But, you could use your paranoia more wisely and direct it into more prodyuctive channels.

Paranoia can be a beautiful, power thing if you simply learn how to wield it productively.

posted on Sep, 21 2003 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Fear can be very useful, if you know how to use it.

Fear makes you look away from where the Cabal doesnt want you to look.

Fear makes you forget about your constitutional rights.

Fear makes you willingly submit to invasions into your privacy that wouldn't ever submit to if you were not afraid.

Fear convinces the population that they need much more restriction and less freedom than they did before.

posted on Sep, 22 2003 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Fear-Appeals:

The use of fear in a persuasive message in an attempt to change a person's attitude or behaviour. Results of the effectiveness of using fear as a trogger for attitude change have often appeared contradictory, but the following factors seem to be important:

*how unpleasant is the event descrided
*how likely is it that the unpleasant circumstances will occur if the recommended action is not taken?
*how effective is the recommended action in avoiding the unpleasant circumstance?
*how able is the recipient of the message to carry out the recommended action?

So a person is more likely to change if they believe something unpleasant will happen if they dont change and that they are able to carry out what appears to be an effective remedial action to avoid the circumstances described in the fear appeal.

blackwidow

posted on Sep, 22 2003 @ 10:00 AM
link   
I agree Skadi. I am more afraid right now of what our own govt is doing in the name of "safety" than anything the "terrorist" could do. We are sitting here losing our rights by names like Patriot Act, CAPPS II and the like.

Makes me wonder. And by the way, has anyone noticed how the immigration issue seems to not be an issue here anymore. I have been watching as much as possible, and it seems to me, our immigration rates have dropped substantially in the last two years, while the number of people moving OUT of the US has gone up. Interesting to say the least.

posted on Sep, 22 2003 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Fear = Control

It's been that way since the dawn of civilization. Do you think people wanted to live in slavery? No, they did so out of fear...and sadly, in the 10k+ years we've been "civilized", this simple equation still applies. Heck, most religions are based on people's fears of being "damned", and through this fear, they control their followers....

posted on Sep, 22 2003 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Dragon Rider has shown us the improper way to use fear.

Foster fear, Build it up. Feed it, nurture it. But direct it properly!

Fear and absolute paranoia of the govornment is a must, because they are a real and very clear and present dannger.

If people directed thier terror and panicky tendancies towards the proper targets, it would not be a problem. If people panicked and wents nuts at the mention of the aptriot act, wed have a chance.

But fear, like any weapon, must eb aimed in the right direction. Fear is your friend. fear is your ally, your savior, your guardian angel.

Fear will set you free if aimed and released for the best possible effect.

if people went panicking nuts and wild anytime a mention of a new law or system to invade privacy and take away rights, we would, in reality, ahve nothing to fear.

Any govornment that has no fear of its citizenry is basically something YOU should fear.

posted on Oct, 1 2003 @ 04:23 AM
link   
Well..well... Even Ted Turner has joined the chorus...

mongering fear & dread, with his 'Global Extinction' prediction...

see: www.rense.com...
~~~~

?? are the HAARP frequencies eluding a few individuals??

the tree huggers, wine vinagrette, Birkenstockers', that gravitate to the Ted Turners Politicspin??

If, you have time to cogitate on Apocalyptic fears, then 'they' need to turn-up-the-heat; with terrorisms,
economic downturns & unemployments, 'Guard' call-ups,

then 'they' must divert attentions toward 'cliff hangers' like world series, football, basketball, nascar. et al....
~~~

at least NWO/Illuminati...keep things interesting !!!

enjoy the journey

new topics

top topics

join