It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Astral Projection (OBE) Summed Up

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2005 @ 09:40 PM
link   
I have been educating myself on meditation and OBEs for the last few months. I've slowly begun to learn about different methods of achieving this level spirituality.

I have had a few experiences but I'm not sure what to make of it all.

I am able to relax my body to the point where I feel my whole body start to tingle. It feels like electricity is flowing through me, not a strong current by any means, but its the only way I can describe the feeling.

Just wanted to get your thoughts on this.

posted on Nov, 12 2005 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Is oob'ing safe? I've been considering giving it a shot, but i have no idea what the repurcussions could be. Can anyone help?

posted on Nov, 13 2005 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Alright, im not too sure how to begin. I'll start off by saying my mother is who introduced me to this site several months ago. I had told her about an odd occurance that had happened to me a month prior (so several months ago +1).

I had been in california visiting some relatives (not too important), during this trip i had been staying in a motel. The first few nights were fine, nothing out of the ordinary, however on the third night something happened which changed my course on how i label the things i percieve around me.

I had been up rather late, watching the news. Around 2:30 i was tired enough to attempt sleep. So i turn everything off and lay down. (fyi it takes me on average about an hour to fall asleep) 45 minutes into this hour is when i started to fall asleep. However before i could drift off, i was awoken harsly. Nothing physical had awaken me just a forboding feeling. Well upon waking i could not move, (i know now this is a common occurance however at the time it was quite the opposite) So i lay thier, not scared persay, more like worried. I figured it was related to the chemicals the brain releases when your asleep to keep you from running around the room while dreaming (glad to see i wasnt too far off) Keep in mind, total time that has passed since i re-awoke has been about 30 seconds.

Anyways, the position i was laying in was on my back, with my head looking straight up to the ceiling. Well, this "feeling" i had started to get stronger, and was being accompanied by the feelings of being watched. I turn my head to my left (im laying on the right side of the bed) and to my horror there lying beside me is a shadow person (didnt know thier name at this time either). Let me pause for a second to better explain how i moved my head. My head did not move, but my vision did, when my head moved to look at the shadow person i could see the entire room. However i was not floating my POV was still from on the bed. When i realized what i was seeing the shadow person was none to happy. (at least that is what i was feeling) Red eyes began to materialize where his "head" was. I say "head" because it was more a shifting shape of darkness, than a body. Well when this happened i decided that i had enough. So closing my eyes i did the best i could to relax, i concentrated on moving more than looking, and within a few seconds i was able to move.

So I shoot up to a sitting position and open my eyes, unsuprised i find the bedroom empty, other than me of course. I turn to look at the clock, and only 2 minutes had passed since the whole ordeal began. Still shaken i turn on the bathroom light, and head back to sleep.

This was a first on two accounts for me.

1: First AP(i think) experience
2: First physical sighting of my shadow person

So we jump forward a month, I was on the phone with my mother. While talking to her, my shadow person decides to make an un-welcome appearance, by this time im quite used to him popping in. So i tell mom "hey i just saw my shadow man". She quickly asks me what i meant, so i explained what i just said here. She laughs, saying that i had a close encounter with AP. Intrigued i ask her more and she points me to this site.

Since then ive become quite adept at reaching the sleep paralisis, since it takes me so long to fall asleep, i can do it in any position without fear of drifting off too quickly. But the one obstacle i can never overcome is that shadow person, everytime something instills that same uneasy feeling in me right when the "whoosh" starts. This has become a nightly occurance (nightly assuming i am trying to AP which i usually try everynight before i go to sleep) Ive read all over here, that the shadow person is not uncommon, and should not be feared. But i feel my case is different (of course who doesnt) This being has been around me since i started dreaming (started remembering anyway) I used to be able to summon him in a dream (one of the ways i used to test to see if i was dreaming) However, the night that this happened to me was the last night i have been able to call it in a dream. Not that i liked having it in the dreams, it was extreamely violent, and was the only thing that could cause me pain in a dream state. Anyways, this is why the shadow person causes me uneasyness when i sence him, im not sure if ill ever be able to get over this fear. Its been a craw in my development AP wise, and otherways. The only thing hes ever been useful for was lucid dreaming, but the irony there is when i could summon him i didnt know lucid dreaming exisited.
**sigh**

Well thats all i have to say on this experince of mine, i hope its been as interesting to you guys as it was/is for me.

posted on Nov, 13 2005 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Try as I might I simply can't grab hold of the "noise." I get ringing and try to latch onto it, but nothing ever develops. Is there anything I should know about getting to the whooshing?

posted on Nov, 13 2005 @ 04:58 PM
link   
What does one benefit from while doing astral projection? What do you when you are in the AP state?

posted on Nov, 13 2005 @ 06:10 PM
link   
After reading this thread (and a couple other similar ones), some things that happend to me as a kid seem to make sense now.

When I was about 12 we moved from Mass. to Ill. and almost immediately I began to get this buzzing sensation in my ears much like some of you described. It was really intense and it felt like my whole head was vibrating (on the inside) while I was hearing a loud kind of buzzing or whirring noise. Very strange sensation and hard to describle. Anyhow, it scared the hell out of me and I would shake it off by rolling over in bed or shaking my head till it went away. Sometimes it would come back soon after and sometimes it didnt. This would happen almost every single night and once or twice it got so intnse I actually had to sit up in bed and shout "Stop!" before it would stop. It was really scary for me as a kid and I got to the point where I didn't want to go to bed. Of course, I didn't tell anyone. After a while though, it eventually stopped. I never knew what it was, but now, years later, after reading these recent postings, I think it may be OOB experience or AP or whatever you want to call it.

I'm definately curious about it and have been trying to get that sensation at night but can't do it anymore. Is it something you can outgrow? Would anyone know why it started so suddenly? I'm very interested in taking it to the next level if what I experienced as a kid is indeed the first step. Anyone have a similar experience that knows more?

posted on Nov, 13 2005 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Thanks for the previous responses. I just thought of another question. If you are in astral projection state of mind, do you believe it is possible to communicate with other intelligent species from far away places such as 37,000 light years away especially if they initiate contact? It would be interesting if something like that were possible. Has anyone ever brought back positive undeniable proof of knowledge obtained using OBE or astral that they could not have gotten without?

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by firstplacerifles
Is oob'ing safe? I've been considering giving it a shot, but i have no idea what the repurcussions could be. Can anyone help?

Yes it's perfectly safe.

Astral projection is only becoming conscious of your body while you are asleep. Usually we are in a fantasy world that we create with our egos.

Originally posted by CyberianHusky
Try as I might I simply can't grab hold of the "noise." I get ringing and try to latch onto it, but nothing ever develops. Is there anything I should know about getting to the whooshing?

I suggest you don't worry about the noise, and continue your concentration practice.

Originally posted by Seoul On Ice
What does one benefit from while doing astral projection? What do you when you are in the AP state?

There are an innumerable amount of benefits. Too many to list right here.

You can invoke enlightened beings, learn about your past lives, awaken consciousness, explore earth and other planets, meet with relatives who live far away etc................................................................................

Originally posted by orionthehunter
If you are in astral projection state of mind, do you believe it is possible to communicate with other intelligent species from far away places such as 37,000 light years away especially if they initiate contact?

Some people have reported not being able to project outside of our solar system. With enough spiritual progress however, one should be able to break the barrier, and communicate with extraterrestrials.

I've also heard that there are extraterrestrials who live in mars and venus in the astral dimension, although that is something you'd have to check out for yourself.

There are always boundaries and universal laws that we cannot break however.

[edit on 14/11/2005 by AkashicWanderer]

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 02:05 PM
link   

You can invoke enlightened beings, learn about your past lives, awaken consciousness, explore earth and other planets, meet with relatives who live far away etc................................................................................

Thanks for your response. Can you guide me to a source which tells me the steps where once i get into the right state; what I should do to seek certain things such as past lives etc? It'd be greatly appreciated if you could lead me to the right direction

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seoul On Ice
Thanks for your response. Can you guide me to a source which tells me the steps where once i get into the right state; what I should do to seek certain things such as past lives etc? It'd be greatly appreciated if you could lead me to the right direction

Here is every step you need:

Dream Yoga

The rest will come naturally from practicing Dream Yoga.

Inverencial Peace,
Akashic

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by AkashicWanderer

The rest will come naturally from practicing Dream Yoga

it's apparent that you know there is a real & profound difference
between "remote viewing"
and the state of being known as Astral Projection/Out-Of-Body-Experience...which are the memes known to many cultures throughout thousands of years.

i really hope the 'protocol' of RV returns to the abyss it oozed out from,
but thats the way of natural or even contrived thoughtforms...
...it will be born->it will flourish->it will fade away...
as our inherent/ inner knowledge comes to grips with that High-tech, Scientific, Pragmatic phenom presented to us as "R.V.-ing" in place of
the older and somewhat metaphysical place of transition, between the mundane world and the 'other worlds' we call AP & OOBE.

posted on Nov, 16 2005 @ 11:07 AM
link   
ive heard other people can help someone into astral, but would you have to give out personal info?

posted on Nov, 16 2005 @ 05:33 PM
link   
It would be nice if someone could kindly post some kind of brief practical walkthrough to the AP.

For example, following the points:
1- How to approach AP: A step by step procedure and a couple of exercises to experiment with, what to do and what not.
2- What are you going to experience as you approach AP, to what you should pay attention and what you shouldn't care about.
3- Once in AP, what can be done and how.

And one last thing: in order to have an OOBE, do i have to be asleep, or i can leave my body also when i'm conscious?

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 09:29 AM
link   
No you don't have to be asleep. That is the main point of Astral Projection....to be conscious of it when it happens. AP'ers believe that most people AP every night when the go to sleep, but through this process, your subconscious takes control. To AP, you juss have to be conscious of it. Some people describe it as Mind Awake/Body Asleep.

hope this helped.!

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Can you pull others out of their body?

I'd love to see how that feels.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Hi Glennage
I've lurked on this site since it was started, I love it, and have always been interested in AP, yet haven't been able to do it consciously.

I recently got some CDs from the Monroe Institute to help with focus. I was wondering if you know if the hemisynch stuff works? Or at least helps? I've listened to an hour or so of it, and got some crazy feelings. I twitch in my sleep, and I noticed that I had started twitching randomly while I felt like I was floating on air, yet I was completely awake......am I almost there?

And one other question, is it really possible for people who are adept at AP to help coax people out onto the astral plane? I keep looking for help, and can't get far no matter how hard I try.... =/ Haha..

Thanks in advance

-Steph

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by merryxmas

Yes, i believe it is possible. But the person that is supposed to 'pull' you at must be spiritually advanced, basically he juss has to know what he's doing. There is this thread on ATS called "conscious Oobe....It's Real!!". check it out, you can learn A LOT. it even comes with some tips and techniques on how to induce one on your own. All in all it's a VERY informative thread.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by The dragon is taking over

I was wondering if you know if the hemisynch stuff works? Or at least helps? I've listened to an hour or so of it, and got some crazy feelings. I twitch in my sleep, and I noticed that I had started twitching randomly while I felt like I was floating on air, yet I was completely awake......am I almost there?

I've read that listening to sounds will work initially, but if you rely on them too much, you're body will start to depend on them. If the weird feelings that you felt were vibrations, then you're almost there. I've reached that stage before too. It's said that that is the step just before the actual projection.

And one other question, is it really possible for people who are adept at AP to help coax people out onto the astral plane? I keep looking for help, and can't get far no matter how hard I try.... =/ Haha..

I've heard that it is. I've sought for help too, but no one volunteered to help me. Once I finally project, I can come and try to get coax you out...if I don't get sucked back into my body first!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join