It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jackson attacks Arnie!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2003 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Los Angeles -- The Rev. Jesse Jackson, in Southern California Thursday for the second time in a week to campaign with Gov. Gray Davis, called on Republican Arnold Schwarzenegger to engage in a head-to-head debate with the Democratic governor.

At the same time, two of Schwarzenegger's rivals in the recall election -- Democratic Lt. Gov. Cruz Bustamante and Republican state Sen. Tom McClintock -- are threatening to skip next week's televised debate unless the format is changed so the candidates don't receive the questions in advance.

"Schwarzenegger says, 'I will take the exam if you give me the answers before the test,' " Jackson said at the student rally. "That is a luxury that students, firemen, teachers, nurses and doctors don't have.

c4.zedo.com...

I can't believe Jesse is getting in on this but, he has a point. I dopn't see much hope for Arnie the yway things are going.

posted on Sep, 19 2003 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Hold on a minute....I have to pick myself up off the floor.
I agree with you. *looking around to see if hell froze over*

I think Arnold is making a big mistake not doing the debates. And the one he is doing he wants to see the questions 1st. I don't care what your profession is...you need the ability to think on your feet.
This may give more votes to Mclintok(sp?)

posted on Sep, 19 2003 @ 01:13 PM
link   
This tactic Arnie is using invites attacks from his opponents and his people should tell him that. It shows that the Conan is really SCARED of open politcal warfare (a debate) which greatly detracts form his message of being a "leader" of the people.

Plus, he is doing nothing to counteract the attacks---he just sits there and takes it. He needs a new campaign manager b/c Oprah won't save him.

posted on Sep, 19 2003 @ 01:27 PM
link   
FEDERAL COURT WILL HEAR RECALL APPEAL. It's over, folks. The repugnant scheme to take over Ca will now go down in flames.

posted on Sep, 19 2003 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Oddly enough, a governor, when speaking to his constituents, doesn't get the questions ahead of time when addressing the crowd...why should it be different for a debate? Yep, this is bad move on Arnie's part... I really wanna see this debate...

Arnold S. "I will do great tings for dis state of Kali-forn-ea"

Gary Coleman: "Whatchu talkin' 'bout Terminator?"

*checks the temperature of hell...yep, 30 degrees below zero...*

Satan: "You fool! Do have any idea how long it takes to get the pilot lit!!!"
It's like a sit-com waiting to happen!

[Edited on 19-9-2003 by Gazrok]

posted on Sep, 19 2003 @ 01:36 PM
link   
It does send a bad message. Not just to his opponets,but the people as well. This is more relavant and damning than his fathers past. IMO. It will give the dems a lot of mud to throw.
He also needs to get away from the talk shows. Its great for the media,but does nothing for CA. We are the ones that need to now what his plan is. And he hasn't been to specfic on what his plan is if he gets elected. All I ve heard so far is an overall I'll make CA a better place to live speech. With no real content.

posted on Sep, 19 2003 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by nyeff
It does send a bad message. Not just to his opponets,but the people as well. This is more relavant and damning than his fathers past. IMO. It will give the dems a lot of mud to throw.

Let's not forget his support of the Nazi, Kurt Voldheim.

posted on Sep, 19 2003 @ 01:45 PM
link   
I hope they don't have a recall. I hate to see Arnold get saddled with Davis' problems and since the people of California voted this guy in office, they should have the full 4 years with him..thats how lessons are learned and thats how we teach people to pay attention to what the hell they are doing. Nope, you guys picked him, you guys got him.

posted on Sep, 19 2003 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by astrocreep
I hope they don't have a recall. I hate to see Arnold get saddled with Davis' problems and since the people of California voted this guy in office, they should have the full 4 years with him..thats how lessons are learned and thats how we teach people to pay attention to what the hell they are doing. Nope, you guys picked him, you guys got him.

Don't look at me. I sure as hell didn't pick the idiot. I would like to know where alll these people were during the election though. All we had to choose from was Davis and Simon. Both are idiots. I would like to know where Arnold was then. The only reason there was a recall,is because Davis got less than 50% of the vote. 47% I believe. At that point all that was needed was like 800,000 signatures. They got over 1.6 million. More than enough to make this a legal recall. The appeal to delay goes against CA constitution. The state has been going down hill for sometime now.
Regaurdless of how the election goes, Gray Davis will not be in politics anymore. I can't see anyone ever voting him to office again. I doubt he could even be the mayor for Strawberrry CA anymore. It only has a population of about 25 people.

posted on Sep, 19 2003 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Strawberry,CA..population 25..where is this place? is it near Big Sir? If I were going to live in Cali, Big Sir is where I'd go. Its b.e.a.utiful there. The geology and flora is truly unique.

posted on Sep, 19 2003 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Big Sur is beautiful. Used to camp there a lot.

Strawberry is a little town on the way to Tahoe. Last time I was there they had a bar,store and a hunting lodge. About 7 or 8 years ago half the town was busted for making/selling meth. If the people wern't so weird it would be a great place to live. No traffic,clean and trees, rivers and lakes as far as the eye can see.

posted on Sep, 19 2003 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Colonel, for the first (and probably the last
) I agree!

posted on Sep, 20 2003 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Personally I hope that Arnie wins,

does a good job,

and makes a fool out of a lot of his detractors.

so tell me this,

how does Ronny look to you now?

posted on Sep, 27 2003 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Arnold is a fraud, hand-picked by Karl Rove. The plan is to secure the big electoral states: Florida, Texas and California in preparation for the '04 election; or possibly in the case of marshal law being declared.

He cannot freely debate any of the candidates b/c he simply is not capable. He must memorize lines given to him by his consultants. He makes Reagan look like a Rhodes Scholar.

Also, Arnold has lied (read the OUI article and his shifting explanations), not to mention the fact that he said he would not take money from special interests. He backstabbed Darrell Issa and is a cheauvenist on top of that. God help us all if he gets elected and the GOP gets their hands on California.

posted on Sep, 28 2003 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Frankly, I dont care who gets in power in California, as long as it isnt Davis or Bustamante. #, even some hobo off the street would be better.

The recall is back on, by the way

Recalls send a good messages, and I trhink we need to support Californias recall.

The message: if leaders # up and dont do what they should be doing, they need the constant threat of removal and public humiliation and shame held of thier heads. Maybe of more leaders were threatened with removal and recall, they might shape up thier sorry acts.

I think the recall should be extended to the presidency as well.

top topics

join