It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Childrens book's in America

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2005 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Years ago..when dating a woman with children I stopped by after work. I work graveyard shift getting off at 7am. What I immediately noticed was that the children gravitated to the television set. They ate breakfast in front of the television set..some of them got dressed in front of the tv set.
Wow!!! Talk about drugs ...talk about programming. Mind you now ..this is not the childrens fault per se..this is their mothers fault...for letting the children run the show ..not her directing the children in a manner which would be profitable to these children down the road.
I explained to her that she was not loving the children by doing this. They cannot function outside of a artificial television atmosphere. They dont even pick up their rooms and make their beds...they watch tv. I explained to her that there are other drugs than chemicals...the drugs of the mind. The drugs of the very soul. Her job ,I explained ,was to prepare them to leave the nest..not to satisfy her craving to mother them. Mothering and Fathering them is preparing them to stand up when we are no longer there to pick them up...not to make thier lives comefortable per se. This is the long term goal of parental love..some would call it survival.

What I did for this woman was to go to Radio Shack and buy a key switch and install it in the power chord of the television. It was mounted on the back of the television where it could not be seen. When you turn the keyed switch off ...you can push all the buttons you want ..the television does not work.
The reaction of the children was immediate....it was anger...almost violent with a couple of them shouting profanity. They were obviously on a drug withdrawal. It took a couple of weeks and the children learned to do other things than watching television. She did not cut them off totally but monitored more closely what and when they spent time in front of the television. Definitely ..when they got up in the morning the tv was switched off. At night when she went to bed it was switched off too so that they could not stay up late watching television.
Now.....talk about programming...this is a textbook example of both Mother and children on a treadmill of which they hadnt a clue. They bought into a propaganda line and lived it in thier daily lives without being aware of it.
Eventually I told her ..get these children to do this cleaning up after dinner...they dont need to be sitting in front of a television while your cleaning up after cooking too. Eventually get these children..both the boys and the girls to cook dinner...and clean up....wash the clothes too. You have a washing machine and dryer. ..not a scrub board..its not that difficult to do ..every child should know how to do these things..not just play and watch tv. These were not necessarily skills they would learn in public schools. Dont make a career of putting the cart in front of the horse and thinking its is perfectly normal. Its not...Its propaganda...control.
You see how easy it is to get on the treadmill and not know it. Now mind you not all people are like this but it happens...and for different reasons...not all drugs are chemicals...not all control is chemical...or coersive...some of it is very subtile...not obvious to us. That is the very intresting aspect of propaganda..it lets us think we are doing it ...ourselves..when we are not.

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Teknikal
I was pretty suprised to see such blatent propaganda in a childrens book as quoted below with source.

Help! Mom! There Are Liberals Under My Bed!

This full-color illustrated book is a fun way for parents to teach young children the valuable lessons of conservatism. Written in simple text, readers can follow along with Tommy and Lou as they open a lemonade stand to earn money for a swing set. But when liberals start demanding that Tommy and Lou pay half their money in taxes, take down their picture of Jesus, and serve broccoli with every glass of lemonade, the young brothers experience the downside to living in Liberaland.

Amazon Source

I guess I am just wondering what Americans themselves think about this is it acceptable or common practise there to have political biased books for children am i crazy being suprised by it?

To me this is brainwashing at an early age am i in the wrong

I'm not picking side's between Liberals and Republican It doesn't effect me in any way not being American

I just think all the arguing is stupid, I'm not liberal or conservative, I just am. Some ppl think you should teach your kids to become the same whatever political thing you may be. I was never raised to think that way. It was always "Think for yourself" and Don't disrespect the family and that was it.

I just see the whole debate as way to get ppl looking at the wrong issues. We have the enviroment, The "wars"(since some, if not almost all are legally "illegal"), The goverment and rich ppl screwing the public over, I just think it's stupid to argue with Jane and Sam over bad business decisons, when they should be learning and have fun as kids for the 1st 10 years.

posted on Nov, 19 2005 @ 05:12 PM
link   
you posted:

"I just think it's stupid to argue with Jane and Sam over bad business decisons, when they should be learning and have fun as kids for the 1st 10 years. "

I have to take exception to this statement to some degree. Learning yes..I am particular about what passes for learning now days. I dont have objections to fun..but fun is not a lifestyle. I know many adults for whom fun is their total requirement even before making a living. They still, like children, dont know the difference between fun and prioritys..they think they are one and the same ..indulgence ..at any price. Even thier kids. There is something very wrong with this type of thinking or control program to where people think this fun lifestyle is a entitlement or perfectly normal.
Our prioritys are to teach our kids to survive..not to have fun. Survival is often not fun at all ..it is hard work. This is very different from the concept of a safety net..where you never have to worry about hitting the concrete if you fall.
Teaching our kids to survive is our priorities.. not fun...I am not against fun..just that it too be prioritized accordingly. Something this world tries to get us confused in to think that they are one and the same ..they are not.
Teaching them to survive ..for the day when we are no longer here to pick them up..or shield them from bloody noses is our priority.
This...bsbfan is called love...and to children who will become good knowlegable adults..they will know that this is love from beyond the grave. Not fun.

Thanks,
Orangetom

<< 1   >>

join