It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Email Attachments.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2003 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Is is just me or does there seem to be a lot of emails with attachments coming through these days?.
3 days ago I noticed that almost every email I get has an attachment,they used to just show up,and when you clicked on them they would redirect your browser to the site that was the subject of the email,or the info on the email would show up on the inbox.
I got about 65 emails this morning that had attachments,is this some kind of change?,why the change?.
Just curious to know why this is occurring.
???
General web performance has seemed to slow down also,it isn't any fun anymore,and a lot of sites seem to drop off and then come back later,what's up?.
Has there been a change?,is it a glitch in the matrix?..
:

posted on Sep, 19 2003 @ 07:52 AM
link   
ahh most of em with attachments r viruses more hackers know that people not used to the internet will deffinately open them

posted on Sep, 19 2003 @ 08:09 AM
link   
There have been some nasties going around lately... Likely, this is responsible for some slow traffic the past couple days...

The best advice is as always...if it's from someone you don't know...DON'T OPEN IT!!!
Get rid of it...

posted on Sep, 19 2003 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Sez it is some new anti-spam software.Woulda been nice if they told me a little sooner.
The slowness of the web seems to be a problem still though.
Hopefully everything will stabilise soon,it's getting to be somewhat of a chore trying to get anything done.

posted on Sep, 21 2003 @ 05:53 PM
link   
i agree with gazrok. so many dodgy emails are sent. the internet is fastly becoming even more of a insecure place, with pop ups to tracking cookies

posted on Sep, 22 2003 @ 12:47 AM
link   
there is a new worm going around in E-Mails, that claims to be an update to the IE from Microsoft, they use the microsoft logo's and all that. I got 3 today, one from Microsoft (not really microsoft) one from my ISP (not really my ISP, claimed to be a spam protector) and one from "Security Department" (claiming to be a virus protector).

top topics

join