It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is that the C130 gunship supporting the troops in this video?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 07:07 PM
link   
www.big-boys.com...

it looks like it. however i may be wrong because the way the incoming firing is seem to be coming in the same direction. and we know that the C130 Spooky gunships usually circle. it may be a Kiowa helo or Apache. but the firing is waaay too immense to be from those helos. i may be wrong.

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 07:19 PM
link   
With that last round, it pretty much confirmed a Spectre gunship.

BTW, they haven't been called "Spooky" for quite a while now. Still a C130 though.

posted on Nov, 10 2005 @ 07:47 AM
link   
The url didn't work... sorry...

posted on Nov, 10 2005 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Me neither...doesnt come up with the website either.

posted on Nov, 10 2005 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Are you'll sure? Didn't seem right with some of the weaponary.

posted on Nov, 10 2005 @ 04:46 PM
link   
I am going to say what I thought I saw, will someone confirm it for me?
I thought that I saw footage shot through some kind of filter that made both the laser designators and the helmet strobes visable to the camera. They were putting the laser on a target and then the target was attacked by the gunship, 40mm rounds I think. They got a nice batch of secondary explosions from the target. The the laser on the left designated something that was missed and the 105 took it out. That's what I thought I saw.

posted on Nov, 10 2005 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Its an Apache. That video has been around a bit. Look at the angle of the fire coming in, no way thats anything but a helicopter.

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by skippytjc
Its an Apache. That video has been around a bit. Look at the angle of the fire coming in, no way thats anything but a helicopter.

I honestly don't know about that. Granted there is nothing visable to get a sense of proportion but those look like pretty big rounds to be coming from a helo. I'd have thought 40mm minimum. I don't see anything from the angle of fire to identify it specifically as a helo.

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 04:00 PM
link   
That is definitely not a Spectre Gunship at all. The sound of the aircraft is more like what you'd hear from helicopters.

The GAU-2 minigun mounted on MH-53s and HH-60s in certain configurations make that same sound and nightvision lightshow. Every Fourth round is a tracer. Also the 20mm and 40mm sound about like that too. As for the munitions used after the chainguns, I'm not quite sure about that. Hellfires could look like that too.

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shaker
As for the munitions used after the chainguns, I'm not quite sure about that. Hellfires could look like that too.

its possible dat it may be the 70 mm Hydra rockets. dats wat we may be looking at.

top topics

join