It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zogby poll: Majority of likely voters support considing impeachment

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Zogby poll: Majority of likely voters support considing impeachment
over Iraq, 51-45 percent

Impeachment support is greater among all adults than likely voters

A new poll of likely voters by Zogby International has found that a majority of Americans support Congress considering the impeachment of President Bush if he “did not tell the truth about his reasons for going to war with Iraq,” RAW STORY has learned.

The poll, to be released this afternoon, finds that 51 percent of likely voters want Congress to eye impeachment, while 45 percent do not. It was commissioned by AfterDowningStreet.org, a coalition of progressive groups seeking a Congressional investigation of the events leading up to war in Iraq.

More w/ stats...

If impeached, I'd also demand a criminal prosecution.

[edit on 4-11-2005 by loam]

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 07:05 PM
link   
I have no faith in this president, his administration or Republicans in general.

I'd support impeachment if he KNEW it was a lie.

[edit on 4-11-2005 by crisko]

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by crisko
I have no faith in this president, his administration or Republicans in general.

I'd support impeachment if he KNEW it was a lie.

[edit on 4-11-2005 by crisko]

Bold is mine. I wouldn't be so quick to diss the Republicans for Bush. He cares little for the party. His agenda extends to Big Biz not Rep's. Bought and paid for.

[edit on 4-11-2005 by intrepid]

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 07:32 PM
link   
I would not said all Republicans because we know that the Republican leadership and the Republican followers and voters is two different things.

The parties are still very alive in the people's mind that support what they thinls is the core of the ideologies that the party represent.

To bad that the leadership in both parties has separated themselves from these ideologies and now follow where the money is, is not the republican people that has sold their souls but their parties leaders the ones that have not souls anymore.

[edit on 4-11-2005 by marg6043]

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 07:34 PM
link   
RANT and aron23 reported on a similar finding by an Ipsos poll commissioned by afterdowningstreet.org two weeks ago:

POLITICS: Poll: Americans Favor Bush's Impeachment If He Lied about Iraq

Ipsos Public Affairs Poll: Americans Favor Bush's Impeachment If He Lied about Iraq

The legal system is now being tested and is the only branch of government not under the complete control of a certain criminal organisation.

I wonder which will prevail?

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Hee hee. The sad thing is that polls don't seem to carry the same weight as the elections that we have every 4 years.
There's really nothing to accuse him of at the moment. All the "lies" that we keep hearing about are the same pieces of evidence that all the Democrats were agreeing to a few years ago. If the President could be impeached through sheer will alone, no doubt he would be gone already, but we need more than cute catch-phrases before anything can be done.

I wonder if these polls were taken by the same organizations that had Kerry winning by a nice margin last November. I remember hearing quite a bit about how all the polls said Kerry would win.

*Radio dj voice*
All right all you liberals out there in radio land. We're back from commercial and now let's throw out a classic from the Everly Brothers.

*Dream..........dream, dream, dream. When I want impeachment, all I have to do......is dream.*

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 09:42 PM
link   
The nation is in absolute shambles, because of a voting electorate that was hoodwinked with tales of gay marriage and swift botes. Although I can't say that I have a great deal sympathy for my neighbors' new found buyers remorse.

We buy what we own, and right now we own a bucktoothed chimp.

However, I do find those "still trying to keep the dream alive" Republicans kinda funny. Still applauding Bush's disasterous foriegn policy, and even more disasterous domestic agenda. Still hoping against hope that, somehow, it's gonna all come together eventually - so they can shake their finges at everyone else, and say "See, we were always right".

The Conservative Utopia is a failed experiment.

Gay Marriage is still legal. Same Sex Unions are recognized. Abortion is still legal in 50 states. The treasury is empty. The borders are open. We gave a city up to the sea - while the FEMA director looked for a dog sitter. Our military is trapped in a shooting gallery - and the White House has more leaks than the Titanic.

A disaster on just about every level that I can think of. And yet, some Conservatives still rely on the cliche "Liberals AER TEH DEBIL, and they want to eat TEH BABEEEES" routine. Enough whining. Enough talk radio victimization. Enough complaining about the "Media Elite". They actually have to finish what they started, instead of blaming everyone for the institutional failures of their own fundementally flawed ideology.

History will judge these men on a scale of Hubris. All the power in the world, and because of their own closed minded singularity, they succeeded in accomplishing absolutely nothing. Their failure is a pretty spectacular implosion of self righteousness.

Rome is burning. Nero Claudius Caeser is playing his fiddle.

top topics

join