It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One Man�s Incredible Near Death Experience

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2003 @ 10:42 PM
link   
I found great story a couple of days ago. Just thought I would post the link to it here to hear others opinions on this...

One Man�s Incredible Near Death Experience

THROUGH THE LIGHT

Mellen-Thomas Benedict is an artist who survived a near-death experience in 1982. He was dead for over an hour and a half and during that time, he rose up out of his body and went into the Light. Curious about the universe, he was taken far into the remote depths of existence, and even beyond, into the energetic Void of Nothingness behind the Big Bang. Concerning his near-death
experience, Dr. Kenneth Ring has said, "His story is one of the most remarkable I have encountered in my extensive research on near-death experiences."

The rest is here... www.near-death.com...

posted on Sep, 18 2003 @ 11:48 PM
link   
I read that whole thing and it didn't prove to me anything. From what I've read, the guy is just spouting off every single possible religion and scientific theory and presenting them as some kind of reality. Like all good fiction, it presents the known and puts its own twist upon it. I however feel this guy drug up too many things into his NDE recountance and shot it to pieces as a result.

First he claims that all humans are part of a singular entity, then he says that humans are reincarnated to gather individuality, then he says that heaven(s) exist too. So what is it? Are people reincarnated or do they go to heaven or do they even have a choice or what? His story is everywhere and it destroys itself as a result.

He also says that animals have a group soul, but at some point go further and become higher beings. Yet he also says something about deer staying deer forever. That makes no sense, or perhaps my mind hasn't "expanded" enough to understand it. I think he's just pumping hot air around.

Everybody can't be right and all spiritual possibilities do not happen. There has to be a ground rule somewhere.

The supposed proof of this experience as being real is only in the first paragraph
when it mentions the guy being a part of a scientific research into "quantum biology". Which itself is no proof at all. Had he done something which makes actual waves in medical research, we would already be hearing about it. This happened to the man in 1982, and its been 21 years since that time.

It is my estimation that he is full of crap.

[Edited on 19-9-2003 by heelstone]

posted on Sep, 18 2003 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by heelstone
First he claims that all humans are part of a singular entity, then he says that humans are reincarnated to gather individuality, then he says that heaven(s) exist too. So what is it? Are people reincarnated or do they go to heaven or do they even have a choice or what? His story is everywhere and it destroys itself as a result.

Those concepts don't necessarily have to contradict each other.

It looks kinda similar to Lobo's experience also. I personally don't think it's crap.

posted on Sep, 19 2003 @ 12:02 AM
link   
1.)we are all interconnected to form one big web(entity)
2.)we are reincarnated tell one of our lives creates a being that is worthy of heaven
3.)there is a heaven

They aren't contradictory....

posted on Sep, 19 2003 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Lets look at life as a basis for the afterlife. Things work one way. For a living creature to live, at least on this planet, it has to meet certain requirements for being a living creature even if it does not reproduce. Humans all are built the same way and function the same way as a result. The only difference is the degree to which each human performs. The underlying human, depending on the sex, is the same fundamentally.

Then take the manner in which death presents itself to us. All people die one way and that is it. There are no different forms of death once death takes hold of a human being. You die and you rot. Most cultures throughout history have understood this.

How in the world is a human supposed to expect that if something lies beyond mortality that it is an infinite choice and/or no choice matter? I don't mind a couple of spiritual things being how it really works, but all of them cannot. Somebody is wrong and the afterlife has to work in only a set method. You can't have some people going to a heaven to see God at the same time others are reincarnated to evolve their spiritual knowledge. It don't work that way. Somebody is wrong. Somebody is right. There are no infinite options regarding a reality of the afterlife.

posted on Sep, 19 2003 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Read a number of NDE stories but this is the best one so far.

Good posting.

posted on Sep, 19 2003 @ 10:46 AM
link   

How in the world is a human supposed to expect that if something lies beyond mortality that it is an infinite choice and/or no choice matter? I don't mind a couple of spiritual things being how it really works, but all of them cannot. Somebody is wrong and the afterlife has to work in only a set method. You can't have some people going to a heaven to see God at the same time others are reincarnated to evolve their spiritual knowledge. It don't work that way. Somebody is wrong. Somebody is right. There are no infinite options regarding a reality of the afterlife.

He said he chose to experience the different interpretations of heaven. He didnt say he had to stay in any of them. He knew the natural thing to do was to reincarnate. Doesn't mean he had to do it immediately after he died.

First he claims that all humans are part of a singular entity, then he says that humans are reincarnated to gather individuality...

Your blood cells replinish individually to gather into the blood flow that sustains you. Each one of the cells in your body is a unique cell isnt it?? Yet they are all connected to the being of you.

posted on Sep, 19 2003 @ 11:59 AM
link   
This was an EXCELLENT find! Everyone should read this. Read, not skim over. This mans death experience is all of ours. Notice how he said in the article that not too many have been enquiring even about THE WHITE LIGHT when they meet it? OH MY goodness. Such it is...and therefore I am going to repaste some of the things said in that article so who ever reads this will click on the link and go read the whole experience. It is too filled with knowledge to miss. Gotta have it in your repertoire!
Even Reptilians need to be loved! hahehaheha!

Thank-you Thank-you once again ADONIA !!!

-----------
"At any level, high or low, in whatever shape you are in, you are the most beautiful creation, you are.

I was astonished to find that there was no evil in any soul.

I said, "How can this be?"

The answer was that no soul was inherently evil. The terrible things that happened to people might make them do evil things, but their souls were not evil. What all people seek, what sustains them, is love, the light told me. What distorts people is a lack of love"

--------------

"I learned that this galaxy, and all of the universe, is bursting with many different varieties of LIFE. I saw many worlds. The good news is that we are not alone in this universe! "

-----------------

"I saw that each and every little piece of creation has the power to create. It is very difficult to try to explain this. I am still speechless about this."

www.near-death.com...

posted on Sep, 19 2003 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Everybody can't be right and all spiritual possibilities do not happen. There has to be a ground rule somewhere.

Ahh...but if the thought of something, generates it's existence, on ANY level...you've then got your ground rule for everyone being right, and all spiritual possibilities happening....

posted on Sep, 19 2003 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Mellen-Thomas Benedict asks....

"....The mind is like a child running around the universe, demanding this and thinking it created the world. But I ask the mind:

"What did your mother have to do with this?"

That is the next level of spiritual awareness. Oh! My mother! "
-----------------------------

YEA ~ What did?.......

posted on Sep, 19 2003 @ 01:26 PM
link   
"They come and they go, they change. Buddhism has not been here forever, Catholicism has not been here forever, and they are all about to become more enlightened. More light is coming into all systems now. There is going to be a reformation in spirituality that is going to be just as dramatic as the Protestant Reformation. There will be lots of people fighting about it, one religion against the next, believing that only they are right. "

-------------

Children ! Children ! I have some candy for you...is the next step. And ta-da! Guess what? They all stop fighting. Oh but then ofcourse they start comparing candies and have to go ask mommy for more so as to 'win' somehow hahahaha!

posted on Sep, 19 2003 @ 01:36 PM
link   

I read that whole thing and it didn't prove to me anything. From what I've read, the guy is just spouting off every single possible religion and scientific theory and presenting them as some kind of reality. Like all good fiction, it presents the known and puts its own twist upon it. I however feel this guy drug up too many things into his NDE recountance and shot it to pieces as a result.

He also says that animals have a group soul, but at some point go further and become higher beings. Yet he also says something about deer staying deer forever. That makes no sense, or perhaps my mind hasn't "expanded" enough to understand it. I think he's just pumping hot air around.

The supposed proof of this experience as being real is only in the first paragraph
when it mentions the guy being a part of a scientific research into "quantum biology". Which itself is no proof at all. Had he done something which makes actual waves in medical research, we would already be hearing about it. This happened to the man in 1982, and its been 21 years since that time.

It is my estimation that he is full of crap.

Interesting that quantum mechanics and the theory of relativity cannot both be right even though they are both proven to be true.
This made people take another look at what we think reality really is and String Theory was born. Just because we don't understand things fully does not prevent them from being true. Just something to think about.

Peace,

~Jammer

posted on Sep, 19 2003 @ 01:41 PM
link   
"What happens when we dream? We are multi-dimensional beings. We can access that through lucid dreaming. In fact, this universe is God's dream. "

----------

---wake up now my dove...it is time.. wake up love...

posted on Sep, 19 2003 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Why does the afterlife have to work in only a set method? Why can't it be in different ways at once? Why can't you have some people going to a heaven and others reincarnating??? We can't even begin to comprehend what happens when we are in the afterlife. What if bilocation is possible? What if time doesn't exist at all and everything is happening at the same moment (as they say)? What if you're going to heaven and reincarnating at the same time???

They say when you go into those realms you realize that you are not just heelstone alone, but that you are everything at the same time. So in fact you could be going to heaven and reincarnating at the same time. Even if a minute fraction of this is true, we're not able to comprehend it right now.

See it like this: All possibilities exist, even the ones anyone has thought about for a fraction of a second. That's what I've read on different locations variating from channeled material to quantum physics.

Once again. Right now, we can't comprehend what's goes on in the lesser dimentional frequencies. So who are we to say what's possible and what's not???

posted on Sep, 27 2003 @ 07:45 AM
link   
I dont think anyone who has had a near death experience can truly say what death is like, but if someone had been dead for three days in a mortury and came back that would b something, it happened in 2001 in africa, he says he went to heaven and hell, visiting both for he was to be brought back to life as a warning to this generation, fuffiling the request of the rich man. A story in the bible says that their was once a rich man who died in his sleep and went to hell, by some miracle he could see in to heaven so he called out to abraham "Please send someone back from the dead to warn my brothers" Abraham said "They ave the law of moses and the word of the prophet, if they do not listen to that neither will they listen if a man is raised from the dead.". The request was fufiled but how many will listen even to a dead man who has been brought bac as a warning?

posted on Sep, 27 2003 @ 08:13 AM
link   
George Rodonaia was dead for three days. And I believe that there are different version of heavens and hells. You just go to the one that coincides more with your belief and way of thinking and stay there untill you see those heavens and hells for the illusions that they really are and you've grown beyond that.

posted on Sep, 27 2003 @ 08:46 AM
link   
If that is true then it is the most beautiful thing I could imagine of life and the afterlife, it's the way I always hope it will be. It put a smile on my face anyway, good find.

posted on Sep, 27 2003 @ 03:27 PM
link   
From Toltec
Posted on 27-9-2003 at 12:57 AM Post Number: 192208

Mellen-Thomas Benedict's near-death experience

A friend sent this to me recently today is the first chance I had to read it. I found it very interesting and well worth reading and considering.

Mellen-Thomas Benedict's is an artist who survived a near-death experience in 1982. He was dead for over an hour and a half after dying of cancer. At the time of his death, he rose up out of his body and went into the light. Curious about the universe, he was taken far into the remote depths of existence, and even beyond, into the energetic void of nothingness behind the Big Bang. During his experience, he was able to learn a great deal of information concerning reincarnation. Because of his near-death experience, he was able to bring back scientific discoveries. Mr. Benedict has been closely involved in the mechanics of cellular communication and research dealing with the relationship of light to life called Quantum Biology. This research is providing dramatic new perspectives on how biological systems work. Mr. Benedict has found that living cells can respond very quickly to light stimulation resulting in, among other things, high speed healing. He is a researcher, inventor and lecturer who holds six U.S. patents.

Rest of link...

NDE

Any thoughts?

----------------------------------
From unclelester
Posted on 27-9-2003 at 02:23 AM Post Number: 192283

First off, a search of US patents issued from 1976 to present shows that no one named Mellen-Thomas Benedict, Mellen Benedict, or thomas Benedict holds any patents at all. www.uspto.gov...
It seems doubtful that his patents would have been issued pre-1976 because the story indicates that his "experience" happened in 1982.
On a more personal note, he's selling a book that espouses, "light healing", which I've never seen any scientific evidence of, and seems to be one of the New Age movements growth industries right now. Anyone that asks you to believe his or her story, and then tries to sell you a book about it always raises a red flag for me.
Other than that, it's an interesting story.

----------------------------
Posted by Toltec

Posted on 27-9-2003 at 03:32 AM Post Number: 192377

Searching 1790 to present...

Results of Search in 1790 to present db for:
IN/Benedict-Mellen-Thomas: 7 patents.
Hits 1 through 7 out of 7

People who right books do so also because they believe in the relevance of the material.

It seems a point to be taken into consideration with respect to his experience, is in-fact currently receiving a lot of attention.

Neither link is related to the new age

www.bcs.org.uk...

www.psrast.org...

Any thoughts?

-------------------------------
Posted by Bandit

Posted on 27-9-2003 at 07:19 PM Post Number: 192906

Toltec where did you find the patents??? On that .gov site???

-------------------------------
Posted by groingrinder

Posted on 27-9-2003 at 07:31 PM Post Number: 192913

Wow, what an incredible read! I cannot thank you enough for posting this!!

-----------------------------------
-----------------------------------
Ok as is apparent I have transferred the information from my post to this one, the other will be deleted.

Bandit go to the site and click on the area that has the words "Search Patents". You will be taken to another screen where on the left hand side in green will be an area under the heading of "Issued Patents (PatFT) (full-text since 1976, full-page images since 1790)"

Click on the item identified as "advanced search"This will take you to the operant screen. Instructions with respect to how to search under a name explain the letters IN for Inventor name must be placed in the query box. Select the years you want to review and hit search.

For the record completed another search from only 1976 to present these were the results.

Searching 1976 to present...

Results of Search in 1976 to present db for: IN/Benedict-Mellen-Thomas: 7 patents. Hits 1 through 7 out of 7

As mentioned the subject of Quantum Biology is on the forefront in regards to current thinking, the attached sites presents more information.

www.beyond-the-illusion.com...

[Edited on 27-9-2003 by Toltec]

posted on Sep, 27 2003 @ 05:55 PM
link   
If it's true then it points to the fat that no one religion or belief has relevence over others and that the afterlife, rather than being some neat, bracketed locale, open to only the privelidged few is in fact vast and infinitely meaningful for all in one way or another.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   
First of all, I don't believe someone could be dead for 1.5 hours in the state of rigor mortis and come back to life. Second, he may have had some kind of a NDE but I am suspicious of many of his descriptions which I have been writing on the usenet before he was even published in 1996. I guess that is Irony, I have been telling others the memory I was born with since 1978 after it came back to me at the age of 16. Everyone thought I was full of it, I just find it funny. But if it makes others feel good then that is all that matters. I have never heard of anyone else entering a black hole at the center of the galaxy and some of the other things he writes that have many of the same buzz words I used all along. However, his descriptions of the details are not the same.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join