It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rove fired in 92 by Bush Sr.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I came across a site that claims that Karl Rove was fired from the Bush Sr. re-election campaign back in 92 for leaking a story to..... guess who...... Mr. Novak!

Is there any validity to this claim, I have been unable to find anything but blogs and personal sites mentioning this.

Is this a fact that the White House is trying to keep mute or is someone spinning fairy tales?

If this is true, then this is a bombshell and should be a major focal point in the news in trying to clarify what is really happening behind the scenes in the White House.

Anyone have any links to relevant news stories on this?

Thanks!

[edit on 3-11-2005 by Empire895]

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Hard pressed to find much information on this amazing story.

A couple of sites where I found some details are listed below..

wikipedia

"Sources close to the former president George H.W. Bush say Rove was fired from the 1992 Bush presidential campaign after he planted a negative story with columnist Robert Novak about dissatisfaction with campaign fundraising chief and Bush loyalist Robert Mosbacher Jr. It was smoked out, and he was summarily ousted" (Esquire Magazine, January 2003). Robert Novak provided some evidence of motive in his column describing the firing of Mosbacher by former Senator Phil Gramm: "Also attending the session was political consultant Karl Rove, who had been shoved aside by Mosbacher." Novak and Rove deny that Rove was the leaker, but Mosbacher maintains that "Rove is the only one with a motive to leak this. We let him go. I still believe he did it."

nytimes

C.I.A. Leak Case Recalls Texas Incident in '92 Race By ELISABETH BUMILLER Published: August 6, 2005 Karl Rove was fired from the Texas campaign to re-elect the first President Bush on suspicions that Mr. Rove had leaked information to Robert D. Novak.

No smoke without fire.

Hope this helps.

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 03:19 PM
link   
wow

well givin this information is accurate *which i am not 100% sure myself*

but lets assume it is true; well WTF is bush jr doing with rove anyhow?

Whats the catch here? whats the plan?
Whos pulling who's leg here??

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Having checked out Robert Mosbacher Jr. I found the following..

OPIC Press Release

WASHINGTON, D.C. – Robert A. Mosbacher, Jr., was sworn in on October 14, 2005, as the ninth president and chief executive officer of the Overseas Private Investment Corporation (OPIC). OPIC Acting President and CEO Ross Connelly conducted the swearing-in at OPIC headquarters in Washington, D.C.
Mosbacher was nominated for the position by President George W. Bush on June 29, 2005, approved unanimously by the Senate Foreign Relations Committee on October 5 and by the full United States Senate on October 7.

From 1986 to 2005, Mr. Mosbacher was president and CEO of Mosbacher Energy Company of Houston, Texas, an independent oil and gas exploration and production company. He was also vice chairman of Mosbacher Power Group, an independent electric power developer. Note how his biography on this site fails to mention his firing. There's a surprise !!

1986... Already in the oil game before his firing in 1992.

Does the phrase "Thick as thieves" spring to mind ?

Can anyone join this group? Seems like your set for life. I have some cooking oil...maybe theres hope yet !

Hope this is not off topic, but there seems to be lots of details that might be able to be pieced together.

join