It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Brand New Clinton Scandal; Another Distraction

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 11:30 AM
link   
worldnetdaily.com...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Clinton blood scandal
exposed in new film
Documentary tying Arkansas guv to spread of AIDS to screen in Hollywood next week

Posted: October 30, 2005
10:10 p.m. Eastern

By Joseph Farah
© 2005 WorldNetDaily.com

WASHINGTON – A documentary seven years in the making tying Bill Clinton to an Arkansas prison blood scandal that spread AIDS to thousands around the world is set to screen in Hollywood next week – renewing controversy about the long-forgotten story.

The film, which premieres at the prestigious American Film Institute film festival next Tuesday, reportedly uncovers fresh evidence about how thousands in Europe contracted AIDS and hepatitis through tainted blood deliberately shipped even after widespread problems were discovered in Canada where some 10,000 had already been infected.

How's this for timing? I tell you this is all so predictable and inmature i really am ashamed.

?

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I'm confused... This film was seven years in the making and is being released in conjunction with an inportant film festival scheduled for next week - what's wrong with that? Oh, Wait a minute... I see... Whenever there is bad news for Republican politicians the entire news cycle MUST come to a screeching halt so that the entire world can do nothing more than focus exclusively on that one news item. Because, God forbid, someone actually try to pay attention to more than one thing at a time

I'm no Bush supporter but I will tell you what is immature, is attempting to paint such a serious story as being partisan and immature - especially when you have the Cliontons running all over the globe professing to fight AIDS. Come on DG, I really thought that you were above this nonsense!

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Well could be that i am jumping the gun, however, i dont think i am.

I DO beleive its a distraction to take the edge off whats currently happening in DC.

Sorry to be a dissapointment. The timing is just right...and i and half the population could see this as "Look at what Clinton did" Its no excuse at all and has no bearing on the mess we are in now.

Some folks need to get over Clinton and move on.

A Book? A Movie? If this had been true it should have been out during his years in office- like everything else!

Now, who cares? I only care what Mr Bush has up his sleeve at the present.

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 05:47 PM
link   
hey dg - whether it's a distraction or not, it's a great story. Kinda proves that some things just should not be done for profit, IMO. Too many lives hang in the balance sheet.

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Point well taken, Sofi, i am questioning the timing. I had NEVER heard of this attrocity before, had i heard of it, i would have blown out the candles at my Clinton altar a long time ago.
Get what i mean? Did they know of this years ago? Did they just find out? They couldnt have, not if the movie is in the works for the past 7 years.
I do have a viable point here.

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Here is a little homework that needs to be done before everyone starts screaming "THE REPUBLICANS RELEASED, THE REPUBLICANS RELEASED.

The producer of the film is Kelly Duda and the name of the company producing the film is "Concrete Films ".

Before we get in a tizzy about the timing of the release, someone needs to contact this person and see if he leans left or right. You see, being the producer and owner of the company producing the film, he would negotiate the release date of the film

Here is his email address:

[email protected]

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
A Book? A Movie? If this had been true it should have been out during his years in office- like everything else!

Now, who cares? I only care what Mr Bush has up his sleeve at the present.

And see, that's the problem DG...

In your admitted hatred for Bush, you become willingly ignorant of the wrong doings of the other side.

Don't get me wrong, we all do this to some level or another, but to just dismiss this because you hate Bush is really really bad. I mean, you are potentially talking about thousands, or even tens of thousands of people who got AIDS.

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Let me say this again; Did you not read my post where i said if i knew of this 7 years ago i would have blown out the candles for my Clinton
Altar? What i mean by this is i would have been very upset at CLINTON by this, HAD I KNOWN.

Again, if this movie was in the works for 7 years
it must have been common knowledge to a select few. Right? Why wasnt anything said before?

I just know someone here MUST know where i am coming from.

Blind hatred for Bush is such a cliche...I'm so tired of the usual, Anti American, Bush basher, bla bla bla....

Forget Bush for now. I try.

WHERE WAS THIS CLINTON SCANDAL BEFORE?

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Ever have a bleed-out due to a botched stomach biopsy?
I had lost over half my blood and was in bad shape.
Thank g-d slick was not sending any of this taint to the South..else any one of us would/may be dead.

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Seriluslyone- Could you translate the above for me?

Hear me loud and clear: I would have been Clinton Whacking long ago had i known he put so manys lives in danger.

Where was the scandal?

Why, i thought the man was a saint- This is highly upsetting. I thought the worse he did (grrrr) was have sexual relations with THAT WOMAN.

And now this???

QUESTION: Why didnt this come out before? Nobody has an answer, and neither do i. THEREFORE, i find it suspicious that this comes out now.

over and out.

*Another Twighlight Zone thread*

Thank you for your imput.

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Let me say this again; Did you not read my post where i said if i knew of this 7 years ago i would have blown out the candles for my Clinton
Altar? What i mean by this is i would have been very upset at CLINTON by this, HAD I KNOWN.

Again, if this movie was in the works for 7 years
it must have been common knowledge to a select few. Right? Why wasnt anything said before?

Maybe because Bush isn't the only one keeping things that look bad quiet.

Blind hatred for Bush is such a cliche...I'm so tired of the usual, Anti American, Bush basher, bla bla bla....

Forget Bush for now. I try.

WHERE WAS THIS CLINTON SCANDAL BEFORE?

Fair enough, but is their a statue of limitation for such an act? I mean, if you were the one infected with aids (assuming this story is true), wouldn't YOU want it to come out? Better late then never, right?

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 08:42 PM
link   
dg;

And how he desecrated the Oval office was so disgusting,still makes me nauseous to hear her or his name.
There is nothing Slick would not do for his Leo-ego.
If a man cannot control his testes, how may he control the masses??
I think this is just the beginning...

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Yes, its the beginning of a nation who will be focused on Clinton, while the current criminal element goes on their merry way.

I wonder which story Fox will cover?

Look, if its true, it should come out. I agree. Just dont take away from the here and now, the war, the (alledged) cheaters and liars who CURRENTLY happen to be under the microscope.

OOOhh, this could hurt Hillary's chances of becoming president too..darn..

Why is government past and present such a disgrace?

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Point well taken, Sofi, i am questioning the timing. I had NEVER heard of this attrocity before, had i heard of it, i would have blown out the candles at my Clinton altar a long time ago.
Get what i mean?

Yeah, I get your meaning.
But, the current admin is not the only ones potentially keeping the lid on this.

If they were researching this movie for SEVEN years, then the Clintons were covering up too.

IMHO, it just proves that Those Who Rule don't care which party is in power. Just different sides of the same coin.

BTW, this article is date 1999:
www.conservativeusa.org...
1998:
www.geocities.com...

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 01:19 PM
link   
DTOM;

Thank you for those links,, wondering??
Me thinking him having herpes of the mouth was bad enough?

DG;

Life long righter, but in a way I can feel your pain, the meaning of karma is not being considered by either party tight now.

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Before we get in a tizzy about the timing of the release, someone needs to contact this person and see if he leans left or right.

With this kind of thing in mind, I did a bit of reading on the site that dg linked in the opening post.......

The author of the article, not the movie producer, so I'm not speaking for his leanings, but the author of the article, Joseph Farah......has several other rather anti- Clinton, anti- Democrat articles on that site.....and other right wing reporters are featured on the site, as well. So we could assume they are not entirely unbiased.

From the article:

The documentary shows how senior figures in the state prison system altered prisoners' medical records to make it look like they were not carrying the deadly diseases.

The film reveals how for more than two decades, the Arkansas prison system profited from selling blood plasma from inmates infected with viral hepatitis and AIDS.

That would be 20 years, right?

Sales continued until 1983, when HMA revealed that some of the plasma might be contaminated with the AIDS virus and hepatitis. The blood was also marketed overseas.

While Bill Clinton was first elected govenor in '78, he lost the election in '80, getting re-elected in 82. If the blood sales were stopped in 83, at most he would have been Gov. for 3 of the 20 years the blood was being sold......

The site at one point mentions that Arkansas was one of the last states to stop selling blood from prisons.....that means that other prison systems, in other states also engaged in the pratice.......maybe even Texas?

It seems highly unlikely that no other prisons' officials shipped tainted blood during this time frame. While ole Bill is no saint, I find it a bit of a reach to single him out for this......so don't back down just yet, dg!

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 02:49 PM
link   
This is NOT a brand new scandal.

This all happened in the early 1980s and was no testing for hepatitis C or AIDS. Those kind of testing methods came into being much later, so there was no way that Clinton could have known that the blood was tainted.

And, this was all big news in Arkansas, newspaper columnists at the time said it could jeopardize his reelection as Governor. So it wasn't hidden all this time, or any such thing. It just never made the national radar.

posted on Nov, 5 2005 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I remember hearing about this years ago. It's not new at all. It appears that the 'new' part, if there is any, is simply more evidence tying Clinton specifically to the scandal.

And yes, at the time of the scandal, there was no method in place to test blood for HIV or for Hepatitis, but that's beside the point really. The reason that it's significant, and the reason that it should reflect on Clinton, is that there were cases of AIDS and of Hepatitis in Canada that were painstakingly traced back to the tainted blood, yet after that connection had been made, the blood was still sold elsewhere, and that was done while Clinton was in office.

The tainted blood was initially sold long before he was in office, but it was not known then that it was tainted, in part because there was no way to test it for HIV or for Hepatitis. So when the cases of both began to be reported, researchers had to backtrack to find the cause, and finally pinpointed the blood. The reason that the scandal should fall on Clinton's shoulders is that he was governor when it was determined that the blood was tainted and when, despite the fact that it was tainted, it was, with official sanction, still sold.

As for the timing of the release of the movie, I'll just, as others have done here already, quote Mencken: "Under democracy one party always devotes its chief energies to trying to prove that the other party is unfit to rule - and both commonly succeed, and are right."

I'm sure that the timing is not entirely coincidental, and I'm equally sure that if the current president was a Democrat, and was facing the same sort of approval numbers, we'd just as likely be seeing a flurry of Reagan-bashing. It's just a political variation on the old, "Hey! What's that over there!?" trick.

new topics

top topics

join