It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Power of X!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 09:25 AM
link   
X! in mathematics determines all determined and possible arrangements of defined "particles" or "groups of particles." This explains the spiritual, physical, and chemical nature of what we and the Universe are. Since particles and groups of particles have not been precisely defined yet, we are still dealing with imprecision and assumptions. Would a mathematician have a job if there were no assumptions?

What can help? Particle Accelerators and what I call Spectrum Cycle Particle Acclerators and other technology to finally answer the question: what is it?

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by GreatTech
X! in mathematics determines all determined and possible arrangements of defined "particles" or "groups of particles." This explains the spiritual, physical, and chemical nature of what we and the Universe are. Since particles and groups of particles have not been precisely defined yet, we are still dealing with imprecision and assumptions. Would a mathematician have a job if there were no assumptions?

What can help? Particle Accelerators and what I call Spectrum Cycle Particle Acclerators and other technology to finally answer the question: what is it?

i can`t make head nor tail of your post. Your point and question is what?

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 08:02 PM
link   
I don't understand, either.

X! means a series of multiplication. For example, 6! = 1*2*3*4*5*6. It is used mostly in statistics. Like, if 6 people stand in a line, there are 6! possible combinations that they could stand in.

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by GreatTech
X! in mathematics determines all determined and possible arrangements of defined "particles" or "groups of particles."

I think whatever website you found that on was one that knows nothing about math. "X!" is an expression that means "X factorial". In order to get the factorial of a number, you mutiply all the numbers that lead up to it. So:

4! = 4*3*2*1 = 24

This explains the spiritual, physical, and chemical nature of what we and the Universe are.

Actually, factorals are used in the study of probability and in calculating the chances that something will happen.. like calculating the chances that a sequence of numbers will win the lottery.

It gets much more complicated, as you see here:
mathworld.wolfram.com...

There are many other pages on mathematics and factorials, but I think that's probably enough for everyone for now.

top topics

join