It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Subject Matter Expert

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 06:53 AM
link   

I've been seeing these tags on people for a while and I can't seem to find much of an explaination about them, except what the title suggests and what forum they link to.

What do they mean in whole? Do they grant any priviledges, or is it just an honorary title? How do you go about getting one? Is it just given by admin to people who see fit, do you automatically get one after a certain number of posts in one forum, or is it voted for? Etc etc.

Thanks, and sorry if this info was previously available somewhere else.

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 06:59 AM
link   
I bet someone replies before I can type this post out!

What do they mean in whole?

They have knowledge of that field of knowledge, for example infinite is the FSME of the NWO section as he is in fact leader of the NWO but simply claims to know alot about it.
So being as he has proven that he knows loads about the NWO they give him nice little badge.

Do they grant any priviledges, or is it just an honorary title?

I believe they get some special powers for that forum, something along the lines of making sticky threads, etc etc

How do you go about getting one? Is it just given by admin to people who see fit, do you automatically get one after a certain number of posts in one forum, or is it voted for?

The admin get to pick.

[edit on 3-11-2005 by UK Wizard]

JAK

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 07:01 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 07:52 AM
link   

for example infinite is the FSME of the NWO section as he is in fact leader of the NWO but simply claims to know alot about it.

haha. Okay. Thanks you guys. Now I know what those applauds I kept hearing about, but was always unable to use/find, are for.

Was also wondering who the Paranormal forum FSME is, since AlexanderTau apparently got banned or something. Assume he has already been replaced? Just haven't seen anyone with one around since he left.
Edit: Nevermind, found it. Listed under the Mods on the main forum page, for anyone else wondering.

And if I may also throw this little question on here while I'm at it... how do you submit a news article for ATSNN? Because I had some news a couple of times and went to post it, but there was no "New topic" button so I just kinda gave up. lol. (Sorry, this is probably also contained somewhere in another 3 year old post)

[edit on 3-11-2005 by Yarcofin]

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Sure thing, about that news question you have.

Just follow the red text link here, and you should be good to go.

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Awesome. Wow you guys are quick.

What I was actually looking for was this Submission Form, but got it now.

[edit on 3-11-2005 by Yarcofin]

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 01:42 PM
link   
We aren't we? Awesome indeed...

Paranormal is Amuk, and there's nobody better for the job.

Thread closed.

top topics

join