It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The way out of Iraq is fairly simple

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 08:54 PM
link   
We need to leave Iraq now and here is how it can be done if Bush would chose to do so.

Announce a date no more than 6 months from now that the US is going to leave.

Let the UN and Iraqi presidnet know what is going to happen. Ask Saudi and other Arab nations to provide Iraq Army back up. We leave regardless of out come of the request. Turn Iraqi security over to Iraq. I dont really care what type governement they have as we can easily bomb it should it become a true threat. Never was a good reason to invade.

We take Saddam with us and try him here or just jail him till his natural death.

Divert the money that would go to the war to our border security and ports. In fact we could have done this instead of invasion.

Invest Billions into oil replacement tech. Invest billions into advanced defensive shielding and lasers.

If we had used the money we spent on the war on these things above America would truely be safer. All we got out of this war was more dead people both American and Iraqi.

We cannot change what we did in the past but we can certainly reverse it now.

Our men and women in the Armed Forces have sacrificed enough now for the Iraqi peoples. It is time to let Iraqi's fight for Iraqi freedom.

[edit on 2-11-2005 by Xeven]

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xeven Announce a date no more than 6 months from now that the US is going to leave.

Bush doesn't want to be seen as succumbing to terrorist pressure. He'll stay until Iraq is stable.

Originally posted by Xeven I dont really care what type governement they have as we can easily bomb it.

Originally posted by Xeven Invest Billions into oil replacement tech.

The oil corps.. and Mr Raymond wouldn't be happy about that. Remember they are sponsors of the Bush Administration. So I doubt it'd happen on a large scale.

Originally posted by Xeven Invest billions into advanced defensive shielding and lasers.

Already being done.

Originally posted by XevenAll we got out of this war was more dead people both American and Iraqi.

Agreed.

Originally posted by Xeven We cannot change what we did in the past but we can certainly reverse it now.

Not sure.. there's ALOT of debt. No more new projects, I think.

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by SteveR

Originally posted by Xeven Announce a date no more than 6 months from now that the US is going to leave.

Bush doesn't want to be seen as succumbing to terrorist pressure. He'll stay until Iraq is stable.

Originally posted by Xeven I dont really care what type governement they have as we can easily bomb it.

Originally posted by Xeven Invest Billions into oil replacement tech.

The oil corps.. and Mr Raymond wouldn't be happy about that. Remember they are sponsors of the Bush Administration. So I doubt it'd happen on a large scale.

Originally posted by Xeven Invest billions into advanced defensive shielding and lasers.

Already being done.

Originally posted by XevenAll we got out of this war was more dead people both American and Iraqi.

Agreed.

Originally posted by Xeven We cannot change what we did in the past but we can certainly reverse it now.

Not sure.. there's ALOT of debt. No more new projects, I think.

Steve I have no issue with your comments, however you did change my words and intent by placing a period after "we can easily bomb it". When what I mean was we can bomb it should it become a true threat. In fact that is what I said.

Please do not try and manipulate my words in this way. Your opinions are certainly welcome though.

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Easiest way to get out of Iraq i'd say would be to either fly out or drive out, to Kuwait, Israel via Jorden or north to Turkey !!!

However ..... I would caution anyone against going east to Iran or north west to Syria ..... I hear orange jump suits are made of coarse camel wool there. And ...... that tend to make the wearer look shorter by about a foot.

top topics

join