It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

David Blunkett Resigns From UK Cabinet (Again) (moved from ATSNN)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Former UK home secretary David Blunkett has stepped down from his cabinet position as work and pensions secretary. This follows him breaking ministerial rules by taking a directors job at DNA Bioscience, a company that bids for government contracts. At a news conference in central London, Mr Blunkett told reporters he had been considering quitting since last week, but made his mind up to go on Wednesday "to protect the government".

news.bbc.co.uk
But he denied he had done anything wrong by buying shares in DNA Bioscience. "Having investments and holding shares in modern Britain is not a crime, declaring them is imperative," he said.

Mr Blunkett said after speaking to Mr Blair, "Tony asked me to stay".

It was only while travelling between Downing Street and Portcullis House, where he was due to appear before the work and pensions committee, that he could "smell and feel it was time to step away".

In the Commons, Mr Blair told MPs that none of the allegations against Mr Blunkett warranted his dismissal under the ministerial code.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Mr Blunkett doesnt seem to be a very lucky man does he?

After all the controversy surrounding his fast-tracking of visas last year you'd think he'd try and keep his nose clean this time round!

I personally do not think he has done anything wrong, and neither does Blair...So i think there was no need for him to step down.

Obviously he thought otherwise!

[edit on 2/11/2005 by MickeyDee]

posted on Nov, 24 2005 @ 11:29 PM
link   
I hear he's considering a new career as a pilot.

He was certainly useless as a politician.

join