It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The White TICK that Clears ALL thought

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2003 @ 03:32 AM
link   
I'm starting to get tired, so off the computer goes, turn the monitor button off too, and then hop straight into bed.

Starting to fall asleep, or just lying there in peace with my eyes closed, getting really tired, starting to doze off to sleep, Then something int he monitor that hasn't released it's static electricity or something does a not so loud tick, but when everything has been silent for a while and you're dozing off to sleep, it does sound quite loud.

TICK, And then suddenly no matter if you're even close to falling asleep, and just starting ot get into a dream like state, with your eyes closed and all that was black and all that you were thinking/starting to dream, Is gone,

When the monitor does that little TICK, all that was once darkness with your eyes closed turns a bright white, all thoughts that you were thinking are gone instantly.

It's like a total flash of fore example, like a memory card. You are thinking of something, then Tick, even though your eyes are closed and all you see is black ,once that tick happens, everything turns white and then fades quickly into darkness again, and everything you were thinking has stopped and is focused on this whiteness that just appeared and the tick sound thats gone jsut as quick.

Does this happen to anyone else?

posted on Sep, 17 2003 @ 03:36 AM
link   
I always thought it was just me that got this.

Its funny how noise can influence what your brain sees.

posted on Sep, 17 2003 @ 07:59 AM
link   
I think I do something similar. I always assumed it was something snapping me out of dream state and back into consciousness.

That colour thing happens to me too. A loud noise will make me see flashes of white in the dark, especially when I'm going to sleep.

posted on Sep, 17 2003 @ 10:15 AM
link   
I don't recall this ever happening to me. It sure does sound interesting. I know what you mean about the noises sounding louder when you're drifting to sleep. Even 'soft' sounds are quite startling. The flash, or bright white light, isn't familiar to me.

posted on Sep, 17 2003 @ 10:31 AM
link   
...But it is usually one of my dogs that wakes me up by farting or something,not my computer going into hibernation.
I just wish those last semi consciuos thoughts of the day did not vaporise so quickly when this happens.
I wish I could still remember my dreams at all......

posted on Sep, 17 2003 @ 06:21 PM
link   
DaRage, do you live in a dormroom???

I used to hear my monitor tick also, but it didn't have that much of an impact on me...

posted on Sep, 17 2003 @ 06:28 PM
link   
It sounds like a nervous tic.

Being alert to things like that may be better than being narcoleptizzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

posted on Sep, 29 2003 @ 04:01 PM
link   
No i dont live in a dorm room.

Just a normal bedroom.

I dont hear it all the time...only sometimes.

But when i do all that i said b4 happens. Really irritating. It's just like all of a sudden all my focus is just on that damn thing coz what i was thinking of just disappears and everything goes completely white even when in an almost dreamlike state.

Full attention focus on this silly little tick.

Thing is it never happens when it's any other noise, So i was always thinking there's gotta be some electrical discharge or something in the monitor that makes that "TICK"sound like 10 mins after the monitor is turned off, that somehow messes with my brainwaves or something, or send out something that can disturb my brain other than just the "TICK" sound. But i duno

posted on Sep, 29 2003 @ 07:24 PM
link   
well what happends at my house is sometimes my desk makes a realy loud CRACK

and from there on it takes me another few houres to fall asleep

new topics

top topics

join