It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Terrence McKenna on 2012 and Other Subjects

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 04:59 PM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...

This man was such a genius, one cannot describe, he died too young of a "very FAST" growing brain tumor way before his time??
He did not blame the ptb, but when he was on Art bell so much, many thought he was being "silenced'

What about his theory on 2012?

posted on Oct, 29 2005 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Love the idea that the spoken word was a by products of eating Magic Mushrooms!

McKenna theorizes, for instance, that synesthesia (the blurring of boundaries between the senses) caused by psilocybin (from the mushrooms) led to the development of spoken language: the ability to form pictures in another person's mind through the use of vocal sounds.

posted on Oct, 29 2005 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrMysterious
Love the idea that the spoken word was a by products of eating Magic Mushrooms!

McKenna theorizes, for instance, that synesthesia (the blurring of boundaries between the senses) caused by psilocybin (from the mushrooms) led to the development of spoken language: the ability to form pictures in another person's mind through the use of vocal sounds.

Or that intelligence as a whole was the by-product of eating Magic Mushrooms.

Terrence McKenna
As I understand the Crick theory of panspermia, it's a theory of how life spread through the universe. What I was suggesting, and I don't believe it as strongly as you imply, but I entertain it as a possibility, that intelligence--not life but intelligence-may have come here in this spore bearing life form. This is a more radical version of the panspermia theory of Crick and Ponampurama. In fact I think that theory will probally be vindicated. I think in a hundred years if people do biology they will think it quite silly that people once thought that spores could not be blown from one star system to another by cosmic radiation pressure. As far as the role of the psilocybin mushroom, or its relationship to us and to intelligence, this is something that we need to consider. It really isn't important that I claim that it's an extraterrestrial, what we need is a body of people claiming this, or a body of people denying it, because what we're talking about is the experience of the mushroom. Few people are in a position to judge its extraterrestrial potential because few people in the orthodox sciences have ever experienced the full spectrum of psychedelic effects that is unleashed. One cannot find out whether or not there's an extraterrestrial intelligence inside the mushroom unless one is willing to take the mushroom

www.levity.com...

[edit on 29-10-2005 by CloudlessKnight]

posted on Oct, 29 2005 @ 12:24 PM
link   
I guess that theory is as sound as any other, as the OP had them for many centuries 'who knows how many' so though terrence did/could not have proof of all he encountered, I admire his superior intellect.

posted on Oct, 29 2005 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I have a great interest in the year 2012 - especially December 12 and 22. I can not find much information on McKenna's view or thought pattern in relationship to 2012. Can any help enlighten me as to what his thoughts were?

Thanks

posted on Oct, 29 2005 @ 01:27 PM
link   
ironfeather.com...

www.greatdreams.com...

Try both of these links..warning--they are deep!!

posted on Oct, 31 2005 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Thanks for the links..i ill have a few hours of time this evening or the next, I will dive into them then...thanks again.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 09:03 AM
link   
I dont think Terrance was before his time. Terrance was FOR this time, for sure. He is awsome and is a breath of fresh intellectual, philosophical, phsycodelic air.

As to his theory on 2012. Its by far the best and the only real theory out there. Its truly amazing and I believe it.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 09:28 AM
link   
There is another thread that discusses McKenna's Timewave Zero Novelty theory that is quite fascinating.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

join