It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Starbucks and Freemasons

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 12:43 PM
link   
of course, as usual i've lost the original thread on this and cant turn it up in the search
but there was a thread about this, for those that havent seen it.

it was about people seeing the all seeing eye planted in the decor of starbucks (im not talking about the starbucks logo)

i believe the thread was from someone in london, but ive seen it as well. i had asked my dad if he had seen anything, because at the time, he was working in london, he said he hadnt noticed. so i just blew it off, figured it was just a london thing.
but last weekend i was in Baton Rouge, and we stopped in a starbucks, i remembered that thread and looked around. low and behold i found the all seeing eye!

whats your take? starbucks owned by freemasons, or just a part of their themed decor?

--Kit.

(i might add, my dad says he works with some freemasons, though how he came across this knowledge, i dont know.)

[edit] thanks MM! you all can check out that thread for more information, but i felt that this would be a good place to discuss this topic!

[edit on 28/10/2005 by Kitsunegari]

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 12:49 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Enjoy.

Google Monkeys, not just for subjugating the world one search at a time anymore...

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Not long after I read that first thread I noticed the All Seeing Eye in a Starbucks in Westlake Village California.

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Acutally, given their new penchant to put Bible verses on their coffee cup sleeves, I think you can argue that it's probably (and annoyingly) Christian.

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I work at Starbucks. This isn't true. Please avert your eyes.

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by GoBackToSleep
Not long after I read that first thread I noticed the All Seeing Eye in a Starbucks in Westlake Village California.

Anyone knows that when you are in Westlake Village/Thousand Oaks that "Bent On Coffee" is the only place to go...

My two sense..

p.s. They have a pretty good wine shop too.

Now back to our regularly scheduled conspiracy...

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 05:39 PM
link   
MM,

You are sooo wrong it hurts.
I have seen the eye spoken of myself-what that means is up for debate.

The worest offence is-there is nothing better in the world than starbucks white choclate mocca coffee-mmmmmmmm
-

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Everytime I get coffee from Starbucks, I can't help but feel guilty for giving money to such a monstrous economic war machine. "Traitor!" I scream inside my head. But then I remember... "This is damn good coffee."

What can you do?

[edit on 28-10-2005 by CloudlessKnight]

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 08:15 PM
link   
LMAO Cloudless and Byrd,

*eyes Herman suspiciously*

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by CloudlessKnight
Everytime I get coffee from Starbucks, I can't help but feel guilty for giving money to such a monstrous economic war machine. "Traitor!" I scream inside my head. But then I remember... "This is damn good coffee."

What can you do?

[edit on 28-10-2005 by CloudlessKnight]

War machine?

Actually, Starbucks is a pretty liberal company, which is suprising considering that I work for them. They really make sure that they're coffee farmers are treated fairly, and even part-time employees like me get full-time benefits. We're always giving money to charity, and one of our actual guidelines for working there is "Embrace diversity"...or was it "Encourage diversity"... I can't really remember.

Move along, nothing to see here...

posted on Oct, 30 2005 @ 11:21 PM
link   
did you know they are putting things on teh cups that talk about gay men and "coming out of the closet"

posted on Oct, 31 2005 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Codycougar91
did you know they are putting things on teh cups that talk about gay men and "coming out of the closet"

Yeah, it's on our cups, and a lot of us don't like it. I don't really care that much, but it IS offensive to some people.

posted on Oct, 31 2005 @ 01:43 AM
link   
How would advertising it as such help them though ?
Can't say I see the importance on this, I'm just unnerved that Starbucks is considered "good" coffee

Did they just get it wrong when they brought it to Australia ? Then again that's what usually happens when they try Americanize us I guess lol Although Quiznos is still as good as it is over there

My apologies for heading off topic, carry on

posted on Apr, 21 2007 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Mod Edit: removed Offensive post

[edit on 4/21/07 by FredT]

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   
if you go to flickr type in starbucks and the all seeing eye theres a photo of it.

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   
if you go to flickr type in starbucks and the all seeing eye theres a photo of it.

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   
What are they saying about gay men and coming out? Offensive to gay men or to homophobes?

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kitsunegari
it was about people seeing the all seeing eye planted in the decor of starbucks (im not talking about the starbucks logo)

All I see is that they are bringing back that naked mermaid - full frontal view. Well - full frontal for a mermaid.

Sorry but it's lousy coffee. At least to me.
I like Dunk'n Donuts or WaWa much better (and cheaper).

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Starbucks coffee (in Oz) is overpriced dirty dish water

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Starbucks coffee (in Oz) is overpriced dirty dish water

top topics

<<   2 >>

join