It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Harriet Miers withdraws as Supreme Court nominee.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2005 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Well, Miers has figured out that she probably will never make it through the political bruhaha that has been brewing since Bush nominated her. She has withdrawn herself from the nomination for the Supreme Court.
She will continue her role as an advisor though for Bush.
I will provide links as soon as they are available.

posted on Oct, 27 2005 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Here is the link as promised
msnbc.msn.com...

posted on Oct, 27 2005 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Not really a surprise, more like a relief... I can't help but wonder though if what's to come will be better or wowrse... Cronyism is rampant right now and Gonzales was another contender. We shall see. Good find.

posted on Oct, 27 2005 @ 08:13 AM
link   
I always thought that Miers was just a distraction. A way to prepare the confirmation committee for what is to come. Sort of like what producers of a hit series do. When a "loved" star leaves the show, the producers will introduce a relacement that is meant to fail. Once the public outcry builds to a cresendo, the producers then introduce the real replacement. A person that would not have been accepted before, directly after the origional star had left, but now after the fiasco of the "replacement" will be seen as a "good" candidate.

posted on Oct, 27 2005 @ 08:48 AM
link   
What a relief! Miers was a terrible choice. She was doomed when Harry Reid thought she was a good pick.

My advice to Bush...forget the male/female/minority deal and just pick the best conservative for the job.

My picks...Roy Moore, John Ashcroft, or Janice Rogers Brown.

This withdrawal shows the power of conservatives!

posted on Oct, 27 2005 @ 09:21 AM
link   
I wonder if this was all a bit of smoke and mirrors so that the next nominee is more universally approved.

set up the second, real pick with someone who is so unqualified and ridiculous as the first pick. everyone has a good laugh and the second choice looks like a completely unbiased saint compared to the first pick.

posted on Oct, 27 2005 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4
This withdrawal shows the power of conservatives!

Ann Coulter is on CNN saying just that. Specifically "movement" conservatives. The one's fighting process conservatives. The radical fringe that's "willing to lose" just to be able to fight.

This is actually great. Now we get to watch the process conservatives implode over a Brown type appointment because it means they'll lose seats in 06. Civil war is funny.

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4
My advice to Bush...forget the male/female/minority deal and just pick the best conservative for the job.

I have to agree, I feel that he was only picking her because she was a female. Don't get me wrong, if he picks a female then that is fine with me, just as long as she is qualified! Same thing goes for males/minorities. The person who can do the job the best, should be the one who does it.

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 11:32 AM
link   
She's republican lite... Democrats btched about her being too republican, let's just wait and see who they choose as the next nomination... I bet the next guy will be a republican with ALL the trimmings...

But as planned, the show will go on, and we'll see the next guy in there blowing smoke claiming he's only about interpreting the law, when in fact he's going to interpret the law as bush and his big government comrades see fit. He's going to be alot more hardcore then Mier's would of been..

Indeed, this is all pre planned.

new topics

top topics

join