It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was the Vote on the Iraqi Constitution Fixed? (from ATSNN)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2005 @ 04:44 AM
link   
Suprised? Why? Afterall look at the catalogue of mismanagement and deceit that characterise the bumbling administration in Iraq at present and this may become totally logical.

www.lewrockwell.com
"It wouldn't surprise me if the election was rigged," said a U.S. Army officer in Mosul who requested anonymity from Time and who worked on security arrangements for the poll with Iraqi security and election officials. "I don't even trust our election process."
More controversial are reports that up to 70 per cent of the voters in Ninawah voted "yes," a tally that some local Sunni Arab politicians say does not correspond with reports that they received on election day. According to the Financial Times, Saleh al-Mutlek, a Sunni politician and prominent opponent of the charter, said that in the provincial capital of Mosul, carloads of Iraqi National Guards had seized ballot boxes from a polling station and transferred them to a governorate office controlled by Kurds. "There is a scheme to alter the results" of the referendum, he claimed. Other Sunnis have claimed members of the main Shia and Kurdish parties in some governorates had filled out blank ballots and stuffed them into boxes after the polls closed resulting in unusually high numbers of voters.
In the constitutional vote huge discrepancies were reported in the Nineveh governorate, whose capital is Mosul. Sources close to the Independent Electoral Commission (IEC) said that 55% of the voters there voted against the constitution, Abd al-Razaq al-Jiburi, the secretary general of the Iraqi Independent Front said, "I have been informed by an employee of the electoral high commission in Mosul that the voting for the constitution has been ‘no.’" He added, according to reporter Dahr Jamail, that his sources within the IEC said the "no" vote in Nineveh ranged between 75–80%.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

and on, and on and on.

The illusion of Iraqi democracy is perpetrated by a desperate administration determined to back out of Iraq after the death toll clocks over 2000 American soldiers.

Don't expect to see this information in the mainstream media for a while, eventually the cries of fraud and lies will force the media to address the issues.

By that time an imitation of a government will be plastered over the open wound of Iraq that will stick on just long enough for the current administration to declare their job done - for a second time - and get out quickly before the country collapses into war.

What will emerge from that war will be a spectre that will haunt and scare the west for a generation to come.

posted on Oct, 27 2005 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Is this Lewrockwell.com one of those places that write and post what ever pop's into their tiny brains? They don't have a fact one.

It amazes me on the number of people around the world that want failure . No, they demand failure. They want all people to be as miserable as they are.

Roper

posted on Oct, 27 2005 @ 07:22 AM
link   
I voted "NO bias". The opening statement should be a story summary, it is not, more of an opinion in this case.

Sources close to the Independent Electoral Commission (IEC) said that 55% of the voters there voted against the constitution
He added, according to reporter Dahr Jamail, that his sources within the IEC said the "no" vote in Nineveh ranged between 75–80%.

The story does not mention any names of sources when it comes to the actual numbers and percents. It just says "sources" and crap like that.

[edit on 27/10/2005 by SportyMB]

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 03:50 AM
link   
I believe it was, its in the Americans interests for the constititution to be approved, there is a big anti-american feel in Iraq at the moment, and what ever the Americans say about Iraq having their own goverenment, they are the military presence in the country, so essentially what they say goes. Even if the constitution was rejected, what would they do about it? wait a few months and have another vote on it, why not save the cost, and just rig the vote, force it upon the Iraqi people, well after all, they have already done that, democracy spreads, but is it right just because we live by it? I ask you that.

new topics

top topics

join