It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible UFO artifact crash and coverup!! Happened 10/24/2005 Read story.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I was in search of the newest storys about UFOs, using yahoo news, and found this particular story quite weird.

Fist, when I read the title: UFOs Arrive? Bowman area Unidentified FALLING Object. See here. I decided to take a look. So I clicked on the link and found that the file was missing. I thought that this was kinda suspicious and decided to find this news papers web page.

I found the paper's web page and found the the story's heading was totally different. It read, DID YOU HEAR? Identified Falling Object -- Plane part bursts through Bowman carport. And I thought...sounds Just like a genuaine UFO cover-up. I read the story and there are some very suspicious things.

See current story here

Some things that make you go hum....?

1. Quick response by police and fire department.
2. Quick presense of the Airforce.
3. Quick quarantine of the area. (possibly no onlookers allowed)
4. Jets heard to have after-burners on (perhaps chasing a UfO?)
5. "Having landed within two blocks of Bowman’s UFO Welcome Center, the inevitable jokes were passed around, the police chief said."
6. It was cylindrical, 4 by 8 inches. (could it be a piece of a shot down UFO? or an actual UFO? Some UFOs are small.)
7. Why the sudden change in story.( of course this could mean that it really is what they say it is)

It's probably nothing at all, mostlikely it really is a piece of airplane. It's just the way the events took place that got me thinking. Weird if you ask me.

P.S. I don't think we'll ever get achance to see crashed UFO, cause if it's going to be like this case, the Govt. got it coverd.

[edit on 26-10-2005 by Cabanman]

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 04:35 PM
link   
hmm that is weird,

could of been a down'd stellite? or a UAV?
maybe It was a missile they were testing nearby but it went the wrong way
so they had to cover it up

or It could be/part of an ET craft

things don't just "fall off" planes

[edit on 26-10-2005 by TrentReznor]

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 04:40 PM
link   
This was just on my local news.It showed the thing and it looked like a glass cylinder that measures fuel??
They were not trying to cover it up, they just checked it for danger, and seems the guy can keep it, as it is REALLY an airplane part..

You know me. always on alert..this is s false alarm..

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Cabanman - That's a pretty good way to track stories in the mainstream press. Good idea.

It looks like a piece of fighter hardware 6 inches in length that smashed the window of his Tahoe truck. That's a pretty close call considering the force the jets were in full after burner just before the part crashed out of the sky.
Very funny that the town has a "UFO Welcome Center" two blocks away.

Hopefully people don't get all nutty about the facts people presented in the story.

Hey Trent
Small hardware fall off planes all the time. Even much bigger things than that in the article. Engine Falls of Plane in Flight

And Why they Fall Off

[edit on 26-10-2005 by nullster]

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by siriuslyone
This was just on my local news.It showed the thing and it looked like a glass cylinder that measures fuel??

I think that if this is the case, that they really might be spreading some sort of dis-info. I doubt that a glass instrument would come crashing down and make a hole trew metal and then glass and not shatter. Also the artifact is described in the story as a

"strange silver object lying on the ground."

Then they said,

“It was an object somewhere around eight inches long with a spring on it,” Orangeburg County Fire System Coordinator Gene Ball said. “

Also said,

“It went downhill from there fast,” he said, referring to the rumor mill surrounding the strange metallic object that touched down in the eastern Orangeburg County community.
( Metalic part in bold for vewing purposes.)

I think that if it where just a glass cylinder to measure fuel, they would have said so. They would have not used terms of described like this,

“We didn’t touch it,” he said. “I said, ’It looks important, whatever it is.’”

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 05:28 PM
link   
It always cracks me up to think that a race that is capable of interstellar space travel would crash the minute they get near the surface of a planet.

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by HowardRoark
It always cracks me up to think that a race that is capable of interstellar space travel would crash the minute they get near the surface of a planet.

Unless they have been shot down by U.S. jets. who knows if this where the case, UFOs are not invincible.

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 05:32 PM
link   
It looked like glass to me, it was about 8 inches long and had some sort of tail on it..perhaps polyurethane?
It did not show anything like silver.
Showed the man standing next to it, he seemed natural..
This may be a ufo part, but nobody is hiding it...it looked like it was half full of gas? It was a see through object...
Believe me, I have been ob top of the ufo/et subject probably since before you were even born..I can,"empath" a fake most of the time...

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cabanman

Originally posted by HowardRoark

Unless they have been shot down by U.S. jets. who knows if this where the case, UFOs are not invincible.

I would think that any race capable of travelling between the stars would be more than capable of protecting themselves from our puny airplanes.

This is not Hollywood.

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 05:38 PM
link   
There are legitimate reports of small UFOs , so you can't rule it out strictly on the basis that the object was so small.

Just thought I'd throw that in.

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by siriuslyone
It looked like glass to me, it was about 8 inches long and had some sort of tail on it..perhaps polyurethane?
It did not show anything like silver.
Showed the man standing next to it, he seemed natural..
This may be a ufo part, but nobody is hiding it...it looked like it was half full of gas? It was a see through object...
Believe me, I have been ob top of the ufo/et subject probably since before you were even born..I can,"empath" a fake most of the time...

I don't know for how long you have been in the UFO field, but you should really do some more reaserch before stating. Glass, full of gassoline? I'll go with the government explanation on this one.

“An F-15E Strike Eagle from Seymour Johnson Air Force Base accidentally dropped an object in a residential area in Bowman, S.C. last night around 7 p.m.,” the release states. “The object has been identified as a pylon ejector foot, a six-inch cylindrical piece of metal used to aid in the launch of missiles from the aircraft.”

Or then again, it might be a real cover-up of some small UFO which crashed into the mans car. Hey... It could happen you know.

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 05:47 PM
link   
let's hear a word from gazork on this

i sure he would have some good words about this news...

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 05:55 PM
link   
>>>I don't know for how long you have been in the UFO field, but you should really do some more reaserch before stating. Glass, full of gassoline? I'll go with the government explanation on this one.

posted on Oct, 27 2005 @ 10:29 AM
link   
This is some real imagination on steroids going on here. I read nothing about glass and the article stated metalic rod from a weapons mount.

Now I am reading "dis-info". Where did that come from? I read the article three times. It was very straight forward. After it hit the man was standing right next to the truck where the metal object landed. He of everyone did not question its origin. So why are people who were not at the site spinning tales.

Credibility in the UFO community is weak because people force or apply highly speculative reasoning on something that is otherwise so straight forward. The only dis-information here is people with over active imaginations. Hmm I can't wait to see how this one gets blown out proportion.

Whats next....Hmmm...It was part of an aliens ejection seat. Yeah...and there was a UFO museum just two blocks away. Wow...what are the chances...The alien was trying to retrieve an alien artifact from the museum when the f-15 jets shot him down....yeah...thats the ticket. Go ahead boys and girls spin away..

[edit on 27-10-2005 by nullster]

Ram

posted on Oct, 27 2005 @ 10:47 AM
link   
ehh - what are you all talking about..

404 - File Not Found!

i can't see the story
link dosn't work on my PC

maybe it will work some other day..

oh i see... Thats the whole deal... I didnt see that first.. Sorry.

[edit on 27-10-2005 by Ram]

posted on Oct, 27 2005 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Ram - HERE you go Jet Piece Lands in Yard

[edit on 27-10-2005 by nullster]

posted on Oct, 27 2005 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Sounds like an ejector foot to me. Some missiles and most bombs are not just dropped off of the airframe when launched. It seems that the aircraft's slipstream has a tendency to pull these objects back up into the aircraft. This usually results in the bomb or missile missing its target and a large brown stain in the seat of the pilot's flightsuit. To avoid those cleaning bills an ejector is used. A CAD (Cartridge Actuated Device) (shotgun shell without the shot) is fired, the expanding gas drives a piston like device (the ejector) into a plate on the missile or bomb, pushing it clear of the aircraft and it's slipstream. The reason that the Bomb Squad was called is just in case a live CAD was attached to the ejector.

The previous post stating that things fall off of aircraft all of the time is correct. We were flying our helicopter at about 5,000 feet, just North of Daytona Beach, one afternoon coming back from the Bahamas and one of our pilots was playing around with the smoke launcher and accidently hit the jettison all switch. Ordinarily since we were carrying no smokes this wouldn't have been a problem, but we were carrying 8 cases of Budweiser cans in the launcher. It looked like one of those old WWII films of a bomber dropping it's load. 196 12 oz. cans of Budweiser slowly falling out of the launcher tubes, scattering across the Florida sky. I don't know if we hit anything, no one complained. Of course how mwny people would call the police and say that they were bombed by cans of beer from out of the sky. We let the pilot live after he replaced the beer.

[edit on 27-10-2005 by JIMC5499]

posted on Oct, 27 2005 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Pieces fall off planes all the time. It would scare you if you knew how often it happens. I spent some time reading the Supervisor of Flight (SOF) logs for Edwards Air Force Base and noted many instances of pieces (large and small) falling off everything from T-38 trainers to the B-2. In the early 1990s, a NASA SR-71 lost a 10-foot-long set of fillets (big titanium skin panels) somewhere beween Edwards and the Candian border.

As far as official response to an unknown incident, people tend to overreact on the side of caution. I have seen buildings evaculated and bomb squads called for dummy hand grenades that are obviously inert and have no moving parts. An airport terminal was recently closed down because someone at the X-ray machine thought a child's toy and some cookies were bomb components. People just don't take chances anymore.

posted on Oct, 27 2005 @ 11:46 AM
link   

[snip]
The previous post stating that things fall off of aircraft all of the time is correct. We were flying our helicopter at about 5,000 feet, just North of Daytona Beach, one afternoon coming back from the Bahamas and one of our pilots was playing around with the smoke launcher and accidently hit the jettison all switch. Ordinarily since we were carrying no smokes this wouldn't have been a problem, but we were carrying 8 cases of Budweiser cans in the launcher. It looked like one of those old WWII films of a bomber dropping it's load. 196 12 oz. cans of Budweiser slowly falling out of the launcher tubes, scattering across the Florida sky. I don't know if we hit anything, no one complained. Of course how mwny people would call the police and say that they were bombed by cans of beer from out of the sky. We let the pilot live after he replaced the beer.

[edit on 27-10-2005 by JIMC5499]

That's a brilliant story! Got my way above award for making me chuckle like a loon in work. Out of interest though, whose bright idea was it to carry the beers in the launcher?

T

posted on Oct, 27 2005 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by JIMC5499
It looked like one of those old WWII films of a bomber dropping it's load. 196 12 oz. cans of Budweiser slowly falling out of the launcher tubes, scattering across the Florida sky. I don't know if we hit anything, no one complained.

You could claim you were supplying aid to hurricane victims. Otherwise, the pilot should be charged with alcohol abuse.

Funny story.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join