It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Howard Dean calls Bush Adminstratioin and the rest of right wing as Ayatollahs.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 05:51 PM
link   
pressherald.mainetoday.com...

LEWISTON — The Bush White House is the most corrupt administration in U.S. history since President Warren G. Harding's, said Howard Dean during his first visit to Maine as chairman of the Democratic National Committee. Dean's comments Saturday came as top White House advisers are being investigated for their roles in the outing of a CIA operative and Tom DeLay, the former second-ranking Republican in the House of Representatives, faces conspiracy and money-laundering charges.

To deal with the "culture of corruption," Dean said, there needs to be an ethics code in Congress and stronger campaign finance laws.

Dean said Republicans should not have interfered in the Terri Schiavo right-to-life case.

"I'm tired of the ayatollahs of the right wing," Dean said. "We're fighting for freedom in Iraq. We're going to fight for freedom in America."

isnt dis guy the same guy who was against the war in Iraq. fighting for Iraq's freedom. please......
Ayatollahs... o please dats bad comparison right there.

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I gotta say... I totally agree with him (but that probably doesn't surprise you). If we're so hell-bent on fighting for freedom in Iraq, then I think it's time we fight for freedom right here at home. (I think that's what he meant)

I also think he means ayatollah as simply a religious leader. The leaders of the right are acting like religious leaders do in the muslim countries where religion and government are one. That's my take on it, anyway.

Good article. I'm not a Democrat, but I think it's time they stand up and be noticed.

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 07:04 PM
link   
I agree with BH the whole point with the ayatollahs, reference is the way that Bush is handling the approach to middle east crisis.

Under an umbrella of righteousness while his own self righteous people are facing charges for corruption.

Bush over and over have given the impression that he is under the command of a higher source and that god guide his decisions and he is a mission.

[edit on 23-10-2005 by marg6043]

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 07:14 PM
link   
I'm not sure that ayatollahs is a proper analogy either, however the radical right of the GOP does seem to want to control almost every aspect of the American citizens life, both public and private. It sure isn't the party of Lincoln that I joined anymore. It seems to have morphed into a schizoid, paranoid, corrupt and power trippin paradoy of the Grand Ole Party. Actually the GOP has become obsolete along with the democrats. If Dean can put together a sensible platform the Democrats could regain their constituents once again. Almost all of my Republican friends have stopped defending the President. He's toast. You can tell when the affluent scrape the W stickers off their SUVs; all is not well in in the land of golfclubs and trust funds.

Is it me or has the decibel level of the staunch GWB supporters here on ATS gone down several clicks?

[edit on 23-10-2005 by whaaa]

[edit on 23-10-2005 by whaaa]

top topics

join